Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Shield Hero WN

i_a_m_i

i_a_m_i

Banned
-
Naofumi said:
Equal? No Discrimination? Those are some expressions that make me sick to my stomach.
Even in my ‘equal’ world, there’s been no one who’s been able to practice true equality.
Superiority exists in all worlds.

When someone is born, he’s already being judged. Equality is a laughable concept.
Ch. 234

It's taken me a while but I've almost finished the WN. It's good but a bit repetitive in some parts. Naofumi has a very based mentality and I like that. It's not really blackpilled but its acknowledgement of hierarchy and female nature is an improvement over most fiction. "Believe in yourself", "the sky's the limit" and other such platitudes don't resound with this WN.

Many of the "heroes" in this WN are exposed as being idealistic with a distorted sense of justice, power seeking and driven by ego. Naofumi, on the other hand, focuses more on the survival of himself and his companions. In the end he is far more heroic than those who made decisions based solely on their sense of justice.

I'm up to date on the anime and manga and I've read the first few volumes of the LN. The WN is far less watered down than the other versions. Naofumi in the WN is far more cynical and cognizant of the nature of human interaction. In the other versions he is more "bluepilled" so to speak.

Anyway, has anyone else read this?

No, but I am thinking of getting into the manga.