Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Shelley’s Frankenstein was blackpilled af

FrereJacques

FrereJacques

Officer
★★★
I started reading it today and I just finished on the part where Frankenstein’s monster approaches the cottagers after stalking them for months. After learning how to speak French from them and developing strong feelings towards the cottagers he tries to befriend the blind oldcel and gain acceptance with the rest of the cottagers. Instead, he gets violently attacked for being hideous and destitute (read: Low-status).
Besides that there are a couple subtle JBWpills (not that I subscribe to jbw theory); Elizabeth is adopted because she’s a blond “angelic” little girl amongst poorfag brunette Italians, the Arabian Safie is the white Felix’s lover.
Maybe the blackpill themes are there because it was written by a 19th century foid.

I like the part where the monster kills the people who treated him badly because he was ugly.

This is how Mary Shelley came to write Frankenstein.

i should read this tbh

We’re studying it in school right now, as I was looking at some quotations the monster said I realised how blackpilled he was. Frankenstein was ahead of its time, it’s amazing yet tragic.

It's a must read for incels. I've read it 3 times, first time was a sophomore in highschool.

So relateable and it has truly shaped my thinking probably more than any other book. I relate both to Victor and the creature.

It makes me want to re-read

"As I fixed my eyes on the child, I saw something glittering on his breast. I took it; it was a portrait of a most lovely woman. In spite of my malignity, it softened and attracted me. For a few moments I gazed with delight on her dark eyes, fringed by deep lashes, and her lovely lips; but presently my rage returned; I remembered that I was forever deprived of the delights that such beautiful creatures could bestow and that she whose resemblance I contemplated would, in regarding me, have changed that air of divine benignity to one expressive of disgust and affright.”

"As I fixed my eyes on the child, I saw something glittering on his breast. I took it; it was a portrait of a most lovely woman. In spite of my malignity, it softened and attracted me. For a few moments I gazed with delight on her dark eyes, fringed by deep lashes, and her lovely lips; but presently my rage returned; I remembered that I was forever deprived of the delights that such beautiful creatures could bestow and that she whose resemblance I contemplated would, in regarding me, have changed that air of divine benignity to one expressive of disgust and affright.”

This is exactly what I was talking about in this thread: https://incels.is/threads/the-bluepill-as-an-inbuilt-evolutionary-illusion.156386/

Attractive women can bluepill you on sight.

i don't think i have it in me to reread it, too relatable

It also touches on anti-natalism quite a bit too. Book was 200 years ahead of it's time.

The joke is that the monster is superhuman and can survive where ordinary humans dont, isnt stupid either, actually very helpful to people, just gross looking so its hated. Stuff like that is a constant with humanity, people are shallow and if youre a truecel like the monster it never even began for you. Shelley is based for writing it at that time, had to mask it as a horror/thriller though, lot of normies dont get the real implications.

The Black Pill has existed since the dawn of history.

It also touches on anti-natalism quite a bit too. Book was 200 years ahead of it's time.
It’s a bit too ahead of its time, I don’t understand how a foid could be so blackpilled especially during that era. It’s fascinating

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back