Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story Share your stories of being institutionalised.

ColdLightOfDay

ColdLightOfDay

Serge’s alt.
★★★★★
Though coming close many times - I have never been, but for some reason I have a strange feeling that something like this may be on the horizon for me in the not too distant future. Share below your experiences of being institutionalised for depression or whatever it was for.

Never was, I hide my mental instability very well.

I have learnt to Chameleon my emotions very well.. but sometimes they do get through. Never been put anywhere because of them though.

When I way in a mental hospital I met this gay dude withdrawing from heroin. Pretty much all he said, in a whiny gay Southern accent, was "I'm 44", "I'm gay, I thought you was", "I had a brain tumor the size of an egg", "I'm still in withdrawals", "I had a good bowel movement", and "smoking makes me happy." Also loved his blanket and called the nurse who took it away a fat bitch. Had the whole floor laughing at him, but he didn't care because he was so high on prescription Klonopin 24/7 he just laughed right along with em.

I miss that nigga, man. And everyone else pretty much. If you're feeling poorly I'd highly recommend a trip to your local psych ward. It's easy as hell to get admitted and the people are so interesting. I could go on and on about all of them honestly.

Likewise, I find when telegraphing your depression to people over time their sympathy quickly turns to irritation and eventually blame. That is how things have been with my family at least. It’s easier to keep things bottled up short-term, though prolonged continuation of this process can eventually end in disaster.

I spent about 2 weeks in full time and the rest of the month just throughout the evening after school. Officially, I was sent in because of "anger issues & depression", but in reality it was because I tried to murder the school bully. It was an interesting experience, during the first 2 weeks I'd just have sessions with a therapist twice a day and they gave me some meds, there were a couple patients that clearly had some serious issues but I just kept to myself and stayed in my room most of the time. After that I got transferred with kids my age and ended in the section where they kept all the anorexics/bulimics, made some friends there, It honestly was very nice because like 90% of the patients were girls that didn't treat me like a subhuman because I was fairly skinny myself and thought I was one of them.

I hide my emotions pretty well.

What do you want to know?

I went for attempted suicide. Spend about a week there.

Wanna know what it was like?
What the people were like?
Why i was there?
Etc

Oh it's a blast to remember it, here's some stories.
I believed everyone there was a psychic master able to read minds.
I believed I was going to be fed a kill pill at midnight, so I started counting the seconds between when I got to bed and midnight. Then my roommate went to bed and told me to lay down in the floor if I wanted to. I obeyed him.

I was discussing US medical system with a random dude (neither of us is from the US btw) and I told him his IQ had to be in the 150s just because he knew more about the topic than me.

I was reading the horoscope out loud to another patient who had poor eyesight. The same dude from the last story said "I'm disappointed on you for reading the horoscope I thought you were a rational person". I shut up like a bitch, then continue reading the horoscope to the patient.

I was with some bro tier dudes who told me to come over to their room whenever I wanted to shoot the shit. I fucked this up because some days later I woke up thinking about someone else who told me that they were French girls in the comment section of his YT channel. So I went to those bro tier guys and asked THEM where the French girls were. They were all like "WTF?" then one of them told me to go back to bed and I did. Needless to say they weren't friendly to me from then on.

Not exactly what you meant but anyway...
I was bullied in elementary school and it continued to upper secondary. I said to one of my teachers once that if all the people in my class died I wouldn't have cared. They forced me to go talk to some therapist who was a pretty useless bluepill cuck. I told him about my worries that I would never find a girlfriend and be loved because of my appearance. I also might have mentioned that I don't like black people. The bastard basically told me bluepill nonsense about "how looks aren't important" and that "racism is evil and I should respect all people equally". Shit fucked me up because I believed him. I was still a racist and felt bad about it. I tried approaching some girls and they laughed at me. Fuck that therapist. He really should have told me the truth. It would have been painful but it would have spared me a lot of suffering in the long run. He's a trained psychologist; there's no conceivable way he believed all that crap that was leaving from his mouth. Or maybe he did. Fuck him either way.

I was there for a night when I was 16. I wasn't suicidal, but my grandmother sent me there because that day I wasn't smiling all day to avoid confrontation. It was a horrifying experience. I was locked up in a room and no one came to visit me. If I wanted to call someone I'd use one of the telephones the same way they do in prison, and even that had restrictions. There was a chair to sleep on in a cold room and the doctor wasn't even there, he was on a television screen and was miserable. He called me manipulative and stripped me of my rights from that point on.

What do you want to know?

I went for attempted suicide. Spend about a week there.

Wanna know what it was like?
What the people were like?
Why i was there?
Etc
Yeah man! Do tell, I wanna hear everything

I ended up in a mental hospital once. I never left my bed or room. I begged my parents to get me out of there, but for some reason there is a requirement that you stay in the hospital 3 days minimum. I considered running away I hated it so much.

I spent about 2 weeks in full time and the rest of the month just throughout the evening after school. Officially, I was sent in because of "anger issues & depression", but in reality it was because I tried to murder the school bully. It was an interesting experience, during the first 2 weeks I'd just have sessions with a therapist twice a day and they gave me some meds, there were a couple patients that clearly had some serious issues but I just kept to myself and stayed in my room most of the time. After that I got transferred with kids my age and ended in the section where they kept all the anorexics/bulimics, made some friends there, It honestly was very nice because like 90% of the patients were girls that didn't treat me like a subhuman because I was fairly skinny myself and thought I was one of them.
How did you try to murder the school bully?! That sounds like a crazy part of the story.

Yeah man! Do tell, I wanna hear everything
I was there a lil over a week if I remember right

I attempted to slit my own throat while VERY drunk VERY VERY drunk

I was so drunk I hardly broke skin but my mom pound me passed out with a knife.

I'll lie about names for privacy sake. Mad Mike was an ANGRY dude who ended up kinda friends with me. And Brendan the enslyclepedia (he was schotzoffentic) and read the dictionary EVERY DAY so talked a lot about Roar Coaster Tycoo. 2. He always changed the thermostats. Daily.

Zeek (obv real name) and ( Caros in for the SAME THING "attempted throat slit" ) they were my friends. Normal sane dudes. But there were 3 group sessions a day. 1-2 doc sessions (depended on why you were there)

Every 15 mins theyd theck on you.... even at bedtime. But basically everyone was NOSTLY calm. I'm way too drunk to go into detail kek

I had a tantrum about me wanting to kill myself, kill my bullies, and to kill my mom’s boyfriend. I got thrown in a hospital psych ward for a week where I ate ice cream sandwiches and played Mario Kart for the Wii with the others suicidal teens. Also my mom dumped the cuck boyfriend afterwards :feelskek:

How did you try to murder the school bully?! That sounds like a crazy part of the story.
TLDR : I strangled a guy with a telephone cable.

It happened during a school trip to Europe, I was ~13, skinny AF, small frame but fit relative to my body. There was snow there, which was something we didn't have were I came from, so everyone would throw snowballs an play when we got the opportunity. There was this fucker called Rodrigo, tall, good frame, chad genetics for sure... who liked to bully smaller kids like me and my friends, this was the kind of guy who felt invincible and superior. I'd have to admit I hated the guy's attitude.
So, because I was skinny AF and never had been to a place with a really cold climate I got sick, high fever, we were just sightseeing walking through a park, as I was minding my own business, this fucker decides that throwing a snowball to my face would be fun, he got a good hit, I'll give him that, so he and other 2 guys start laughing.

And I fucking lost it... I had experienced bloodlust before, but I had never really given into it, I could feel all the rage flowing through me, all the adrenaline building up, yet I remained calm, walked to one of the benches in the park near a corner, took off my backpack.

Out of sheer coincidence I happened to have telephone cable on it, that backpack is where I'd keep my supplies for electronics projects and when emptying it for the trip I must have missed the cable in one of the compartments, by the time I had noticed I was already on the trip.

So I take the cable out, put the backpack back on, put my gloves back on and start wrapping it around one hand and then the other. I stood up and started walking towards the guy, it was a very eerie feeling, because I could feel all the rage in me but I wasn't trembling or stiff like one would normally be, my body was performing nominally. So I reach the guy from behind jumped on top of him and started strangling him in a swift motion, I swear I could see everything unfold in slow motion, the fucker went instantly into panic mode and started trying to grab the cable, and I just pushed harder with my legs against the back of his neck, I remember he was trying to move side to side, but it only caused the cable to bite more into his skin, fucker falls to his knees, gagging, and I commanded every bit of strength I had into one last push with my legs to finish the fucker. The cable snapped in 2.

So I fell to the ground, 2 other guys heard him scream for help and came to pin me down, I was docile, no reason to fight an unwinnable battle. Fucker gets on top of me and tries to intimidate me by closing a fist and saying something, which he couldn't because his neck was pretty messed up. I had this blank stare in me, didn't react one bit to his intimidation because he was bluffing and I wasn't. I looked at the laceration in his neck and he pulled back, pulling his neck into his jacket like a fucking tortoise JFL, I have never felt in more control. The other guys didn't really know or understand what had happened. But that fucker understood, so he pulled back and we just stood up and went walking back to the rest of the group.

After that I got incredibly lucky, one of the teachers found out there had been a "fight" between 2 of the students and interrogated everyone, he lied be saying that "he already knew everything, but wanted to hear everyone's version" which is how he got more info from the 2 guys that pinned me down. Fortunately for me, that fucker Rodrigo had a reputation to uphold and made damn sure to keep that laceration hidden with a scarf, he remained quiet and said nothing. I'm not exactly sure just how much the teacher found out, but it was clear that nobody saw me as a cold blooded murderer.

Then after we got back from the trip I was sent to the school psychologist, I kid you not, first thing he says was something along the lines: "I know he probably deserved it, but it is not your place to do such things" and because he had to keep confidentiality I told him what actually had happened and he got me institutionalized.