Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Selective Mutism Is Brutal

M

MutismMadness

Greycel
This is my first post so think of this as an introduction if you will.

I'm 21 and was born with Selective Mustism so I couldn't speak to people in school/around my age but only could around family. I recieved poor treatment for this illness so I went through many years being unable to speak around my peers. I had a friend that I knew since 3rd grade who didn't hear my voice until 10th grade. So many years of just sitting by myself at lunch not saying anything. It boggles my mind how no one gave a fuck about my very obvious social impairment. Most of my attention growing up was regarding my disability.

With something like this, I guess it would be no surprise that I never had a girlfriend or even been on a date before. My family growing up since I can remember has always entertained the notion of me having a GF despite this extreme social disability. My entire childhood I really thought being a mute would have no impact on my dating life. I wish girls liked anxious awkward mute guys so I would know what love feels like. I'm not even considered about sex, I have a low sex drive and mainly want to experience handholding, kissing and what it's liked to be desired by a women.

When I was 20, I complained about my lack of a dating life to my female cousin and she said that maybe someone liked me before but just didn't tell me. NO! There is no time in my life where I can look back and say "Hey, you know maybe that girl did like me." There were no signs that I missed, flirting that I didn't pick up on, none of that bullshit. Also, i'm just gonna say it but personally if you don't have any social disabilities and you don't make any kind of move, flirt or approach then you didn't like me enough. I was just eye candy to you not somebody you'd actually consider dating. Women that ACTUALLY like you WILL let you know and make moves! You think they're all timid and shit when it comes to Chad? Fuck no!

I also complained to my mom and she said that I should've written notes to these girls because at those ages, my disability wouldn't matter to them. Uhh...clearly it did fucking matter because they would've been attracted to me then!

I was never friends with girls either. They were just nice to me because they pitied me and felt bad. Whenever I would try to be REAL friends, I would get the cold shoulder. Not even the shy/introverted girls would give me the time of day.

I hate that I was born this way. I wish just one girl would've given me a chance. My teen years are gone and I'll never get the chance to experience teen love ever. Now I'm just a NEET that's depressed about his childhood. All I do during the day is sit in my bed and at night I pace around my room or flap my hands because I get upset thinking about my past. I'm so embarrassed with the way I act. Why am I like this? Why did I have to be so socially awkward? Why can't I behave and be like everyone else?

MOST EVERYONE ELSE ARE JUST NORMIES.

dnr
jk read every word op

Yea nigga I was like this until 9th grade when I start speaking in school. When I started speaking I was very socially retarded and made no friends so I missed everything that normies get during middle / HS.

This is my first post so think of this as an introduction if you will.

I'm 21 and was born with Selective Mustism so I couldn't speak to people in school/around my age but only could around family. I recieved poor treatment for this illness so I went through many years being unable to speak around my peers. I had a friend that I knew since 3rd grade who didn't hear my voice until 10th grade. So many years of just sitting by myself at lunch not saying anything. It boggles my mind how no one gave a fuck about my very obvious social impairment. Most of my attention growing up was regarding my disability.

With something like this, I guess it would be no surprise that I never had a girlfriend or even been on a date before. My family growing up since I can remember has always entertained the notion of me having a GF despite this extreme social disability. My entire childhood I really thought being a mute would have no impact on my dating life. I wish girls liked anxious awkward mute guys so I would know what love feels like. I'm not even considered about sex, I have a low sex drive and mainly want to experience handholding, kissing and what it's liked to be desired by a women.

When I was 20, I complained about my lack of a dating life to my female cousin and she said that maybe someone liked me before but just didn't tell me. NO! There is no time in my life where I can look back and say "Hey, you know maybe that girl did like me." There were no signs that I missed, flirting that I didn't pick up on, none of that bullshit. Also, i'm just gonna say it but personally if you don't have any social disabilities and you don't make any kind of move, flirt or approach then you didn't like me enough. I was just eye candy to you not somebody you'd actually consider dating. Women that ACTUALLY like you WILL let you know and make moves! You think they're all timid and shit when it comes to Chad? Fuck no!

I also complained to my mom and she said that I should've written notes to these girls because at those ages, my disability wouldn't matter to them. Uhh...clearly it did fucking matter because they would've been attracted to me then!

I was never friends with girls either. They were just nice to me because they pitied me and felt bad. Whenever I would try to be REAL friends, I would get the cold shoulder. Not even the shy/introverted girls would give me the time of day.

I hate that I was born this way. I wish just one girl would've given me a chance. My teen years are gone and I'll never get the chance to experience teen love ever. Now I'm just a NEET that's depressed about his childhood. All I do during the day is sit in my bed and at night I pace around my room or flap my hands because I get upset thinking about my past. I'm so embarrassed with the way I act. Why am I like this? Why did I have to be so socially awkward? Why can't I behave and be like everyone else?

brutal, same things happened with me. Parents just said it was introversion and never believed me when I said it was not normal introversion. Introverts still have a bunch of friends. They said it would go away when I got older but nope, the problem is still there. Literally can't be free and talk normally with people, There's no treatment for this condition either apart from dangerous drugs. Never began for us brocel :feelsrope:

Yea nigga I was like this until 9th grade when I start speaking in school. When I started speaking I was very socially retarded and made no friends so I missed everything that normies get during middle / HS.
The phase where you first start speaking is absolutely brutal. Conversational skills were beyond shit.

I was more or less the same until I was in junior high school. Then I tried to start talking to people and even made a few friends for some time. Now at 25 I'm finally able to be relatively normal around other people. Sometimes I struggle but for the most part I can talk to people, even ones I don't know well. The problem is I'm now bald and ugly and don't have the opportunities to meet people that I used to.

I think if you are decent looking you can overcome your disability and troubled past and still get a girlfriend and relatively normal life. If you are also short/ugly then it's over.

Weirdly enough it's the opposite for me, I go mute around my family. Because they know me as a quiet/emotionless guy so it would be so awkward to break that belief. But in high school I was pretty talkative among my friends.

Hey man. I also had selective mutism during my teenage years. For seven years, in fact. From 2012 to 2019. Because of this, I never got to experience the life of a teenager. I was socially isolated and hid myself from people.

Hey man. I also had selective mutism during my teenage years. For seven years, in fact. From 2012 to 2019. Because of this, I never got to experience the life of a teenager. I was socially isolated and hid myself from people.
Sorry to hear that you suffered a similar fate. Hopefully you're doing better these days moving on from that curse.

Dear Brocel, the problem is not in you, but in the normies.

You're truly a mental cel not like the clowns who claim it because they're scared of warm approaching.

At least you don't have to wageslave .