Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Scared To Drive

Waylan

Waylan

Recruit
★★
So there's a manosphere YouTuber I follow named Shane Murphy (YouTube handles familyman20 and Zoloft Sucks!). On his first channel he made a few videos(now privatized) where he talked about learning to drive. Basically his deal was that he was going with a friend to clubs to try and get a girl but his friend kept screwing it up so that prompted him to learn to drive. Now Shane drives pretty much everywhere and often goes hours on end driving just to get out of the house, something I desperately need.

So this has given me courage to learn to drive myself, however I still have some concerns. Let's just say that years of isolation and ostracism by society has fucked me up in the head and my faculties aren't what they used to be. I don't want to be a danger to the people around me, much less myself. Obviously I'm not that fucked up since I can still function but still. I have driven things like mowers and mule's before and it was relatively easy.

Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. I imagine there's some level of fear everyone exhibits when they first learn to drive. Does anyone here drive? If so, do you have any advice for me?

Country roads are the most dangerous imo. Poor infrastructure & blind corners. I don't have much advice other than to practice a ton before actually driving. Get a car with side impact airbags especially.

It's normal to be scared of or unsure about learning something new.
Your faculties are good enough, you don't really require any. Everybody can drive, it's easy, you just have to get used to it.

Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. I imagine there's some level of fear everyone exhibits when they first learn to drive. Does anyone here drive? If so, do you have any advice for me?
A lot of people here have licenses, including me.
Just try to defeat your fear and try to learn, preferably from a relatively normal teacher who would have patience working with someone who is expected to have more difficulties than an average person.

I was afraid often too and I failed my driving exam 3 times and still consider myself to be a particularly bad driver, but I still drive nearly every day.
If you concentrate on what a driver is supposed to concentrate on during driving, it's really not that difficult. Just maintain your focus and try to shut off all your negative thoughts and emotions while you're behind the wheel.

At the end, I think you will feel that it's worth the effort.