Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Scandanavian folklore has taught generations of women to fear incels

CrackingYs

CrackingYs

Heil I.N.C.E.L.
★★★★★
Later in Scandinavian folklore, trolls become defined as a particular type of being.[7] Numerous tales are recorded about trolls in which they are frequently described as being extremely old, very strong, but slow and dim-witted, and are at times described as man-eaters and as turning to stone upon contact with sunlight.[8] However, trolls are also attested as looking much the same as human beings, without any particularly hideous appearance about them, but living far away from human habitation and generally having "some form of social organization"—unlike the and näck, who are attested as "solitary beings". According to John Lindow, what sets them apart is that they are not Christian, and those who encounter them do not know them. Therefore, trolls were in the end dangerous, regardless of how well they might get along with Christian society, and trolls display a habit of bergtagning ('kidnapping'; literally "mountain-taking") and overrunning a farm or estate.

Regardless of the name of these people, what they are describing here are simply ugly men who were outcast or banished from society due to their unattractiveness.

Last edited:
Yes, I remember being told many stories about trolls as a kid

I have lived under bridges before.

You may be on to something here

All societies are designed to hate incels. We're the scum of society.

There are female trolls too according to swedish (probably all nordic) folklore, so nah. They 'lived' in families.

Na dude. Don't touch the Scandinavian trolls. That's like insulting Santa Claus.

Yesterday's fact is today's fable.

Don't fear the creeper.