Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Rogaine / Regaine

ImDying

ImDying

Greycel
I've just bought 3 months worth of Rogaine to combat my patchy beard and receding temples.

I've been receding at my temples very, very slowly for a 3 or 4 years now. It's not that bad and within a minimal amount of styling it can pretty much look like I'm not balding at all, a gust of wind can ruin that though.

I also have a patchy beard which has been filling out really slowly for years as well but still looks pathetic.

I've been doing a lot of research and it seems like rogaine will be able to help slow down and maybe even reverse my receding hairline. And it should also speed up the beard growth process well.

Has anyone got any experience with it?

Reviews seem mostly positive to me. Seems like I might be in the optimum stage of hair loss to combat it according to reviews.

it hasnt worked for me so far for my beard, dont know for scalp hair

7339er said:
it hasnt worked for me so far for my beard, dont know for scalp hair

What is your natural beard like? Do the men in your family have beards? It doesn't work if its not really in your genes to have a beard.

ImDying said:
What is your natural beard like? Do the men in your family have beards? It doesn't work if its not really in your genes to have a beard.

yes my dad, paternal and maternal grandfathers all have beards. specifically though my moustache and beard dont connect.

I would continue using it, as it is low cost and almost side effect free. At the very least, it helps slow the progression of male pattern baldness. However, for more aggressive forms of baldness, it really won't help much, especially in comparison to finasteride. I use it once a day, even after having had 2 hair transplants.

NorwodingGymcel said:
I would continue using it, as it is low cost and almost side effect free. At the very least, it helps slow the progression of male pattern baldness. However, for more aggressive forms of baldness, it really won't help much, especially in comparison to finasteride. I use it once a day, even after having had 2 hair transplants.

Sweet, yeah I got the foam which is meant to have virtually no side effects so that's great. I think I should be okay, my dad is bald but none of the other men in my family, on my moms and dads are fully bald, most have receded a bit but they're all 40+.

Like I say, its been years since it's started and it's still not that bad at all, I'm feeling pretty hopeful.

Your dad is bald? It's over.

NorwodingGymcel said:
Your dad is bald? It's over.

Hahahha, well hopefully not if I jump on it now with the rogaine and use it forever ;)

Just partially kidding. Yeah, keep that up, and if it gets more serious, get a doctor to prescribe you finasteride. Last resort is hair transplants.

Just Wigcel.

Spend once and it will last you a long time.