Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Review: Gerber LMF 2

F

Feeshtu

Officer
★★
I’m going to be doing a lot of camping and hiking this summer.

So, I bought a Gerber LMF 2 knife.

It’s pretty big. Close to a foot long in the sheath. Probably 10 inches just the knife.

It has a partially serrated edge.
I know a lot of outdoorsman don’t like serrations because it takes away from the plain edge length.
But, I remember a few times, when I was in the Boy Scouts, that they would have come in handy.

The sheath is the coolest sheath of any knife I’ve ever owned.
Typically, I’ve been trying to carry it drop leg with one strap around my thigh.
It does come with 2 straps, but the thing is just too heavy and big to use just the straps.
So, I attach the top of the sheath to my belt.
It even comes with a built-in sharpener.

The pommel is rather big too.
I could see it easily hammering in tent sticks, hammering nails in.
Supposedly it’s a good glass breaker, according to Gerber.
But, I don’t have a car so I don’t imagine ever having to break a window to escape my crashed Limo.

There is allegedly some electric shock protection because the pommel and tang are separated.
But……..I would want to put it to the test.

Overall, I think it will be a great survival knife for my camping trips in the next couple months.

If you encounter a foid about to get mauled by a dangerous animal remind her that she's statistically more likely to be safer around that animal and should let herself be eaten to avoid being zoophobic