Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Reminder: don't skip cardio

KingOfRome

KingOfRome

Buff Auschwitz Escapee
-
Even if you're in full rot mode and don't care about health or longevity, cardio helps. The American Heart Association recommends 150 minutes of moderate-intensity (walking, light dancing, water polo) or 75 minutes of high-intensity (running, jumping rope, vigorous cycling) cardio per week.

Benefits of regular cardio:
  • (For fatcels) Burns more calories in less time than any other form of exercise.
  • (For skinnycels) Boosts appetite.
  • Makes everyday activities like shopping and commuting easier.
  • Makes you more prepared for situations where better cardiorespiratory fitness would be useful, for example, you're running late to your wageslave job and need to sprint to the bus or subway.
  • Can treat depression symptoms.
  • (For gymcels) Increases work capacity and improves recovery from weightlifting sessions.
The running track doesn't care what your face looks like or how thin your wrists are. It will always welcome you with open arms. Same with the swimming pool, park, or whatever spot you choose.

I used to hate cardio more than anything, but i can run 15 minutes straight now
Cardio is actually a great way to rot btw

I’m going to the gym soon.

I will skip it because i just don't care anymore. I'm done starving myself, it doesn't matter anyway.

Well I got the walking covered.

Even if you're in full rot mode and don't care about health or longevity, cardio helps. The American Heart Association recommends 150 minutes of moderate-intensity (walking, light dancing, water polo) or 75 minutes of high-intensity (running, jumping rope, vigorous cycling) cardio per week.

Benefits of regular cardio:
  • (For fatcels) Burns more calories in less time than any other form of exercise.
  • (For skinnycels) Boosts appetite.
  • Makes everyday activities like shopping and commuting easier.
  • Makes you more prepared for situations where better cardiorespiratory fitness would be useful, for example, you're running late to your wageslave job and need to sprint to the bus or subway.
  • Can treat depression symptoms.
  • (For gymcels) Increases work capacity and improves recovery from weightlifting sessions.
The running track doesn't care what your face looks like or how thin your wrists are. It will always welcome you with open arms. Same with the swimming pool, park, or whatever spot you choose.
I'd go further and argue cardio is actually even more useful than lifting for everyday shit. You can use it to save time going to work, use it for boosting Meditation, good for being able to cut costs when traveling as you can just jog instead of Uber/lyft

Only time lifting comes in handy is furniture moving, and maybe some fights(I'd just whip out my knife anyway), moving a bike around.

yes bro but i neglect myself in this hell

I get out of breath so fucking easily. I am a walking meme.

i can run for 30 minutes plus straight because im so skinny

is walking cardio

I'm too depressed to work out tbh