Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Regretting that you've LDARed is a very painful emotion

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I went to school, to uni, and then I had to work. But during that time, I slacked off as much as possible, and I absolutely LDARed, 100% of my free time, holidays, weekends, time after school etc...

I regret doing that. I will never get that time back, and I am only getting older and older. I could've done something. Perhaps, I could've learned a useful skill that would've taken me out of this hell of working long hours at shit jobs for shit pay.

Unfortunately, even if I had a thousands lifetimes to do it all over, I'm afraid my dumb ass would make the same mistakes.

everything you did in life is out of obligation, the other choice was to simply die.
is that depressing? maybe. this is why i don't believe in academia, 18 years of schooling is plenty for me

You could have been like me, learned useful skills that have you working long hours for slightly more pay.

That money don't mean shit when you're alone. Either you're going to be alone, or you'll waste that money on a bitch that's only using you for that money, and that only exacerbates our problem like 95% of stupid cucks do today.

One of the reasons behind the NEET life is that life is very cheap for incels. We don't need to work. I get autismbux, but the rest of you only need some shit part-time job.

You could have been like me, learned useful skills that have you working long hours for slightly more pay.

That money don't mean shit when you're alone. Either you're going to be alone, or you'll waste that money on a bitch that's only using you for that money, and that only exacerbates our problem like 95% of stupid cucks do today.

One of the reasons behind the NEET life is that life is very cheap for incels. We don't need to work. I get autismbux, but the rest of you only need some shit part-time job.
meh, speak for yourself.
i want to make as much money as possible to copemaxx

I don't regret anything. Perhaps I resent the fact that I'm alive, but that's not the same thing.

As far as I can tell, people have way too much belief in the power of their own volition, they're sucked into the illusion of control. My point is that regret is useless. You admitted that you'd do the same things again anyway, so why feel regret? It's really not your fault.

Viewing the past as something tangible isn't rational imo, and the person regretting the decisions isn't even the one who made them. If this weren't the case, you would've done something different.

meh, speak for yourself.
i want to make as much money as possible to copemaxx
Some males can do that, which I don't understand. You probably belong more on a MGTOW board then tbh.

No use being sad over it really..Not like you could be happy if you moneymaxed more or finished uni. Its all useless once you realize no one will ever love you or care about you so whats even the point of trying to achieve something

No use being sad over it really..Not like you could be happy if you moneymaxed more or finished uni. Its all useless once you realize no one will ever love you or care about you so whats even the point of trying to achieve something
I did finish uni, after I dropped out I enrolled into a shittier degree in my shitty home country and I spent 3 years getting that shitty, useless piece of paper saying I finished uni.

Unfortunately, even if I had a thousands lifetimes to do it all over, I'm afraid my dumb ass would make the same mistakes.

Imagine that regardless of the choices you made the result is always the same.
Would you still feel that emotion?
there's no place for regrets in a deterministic view of life

Imagine that regardless of the choices you made the result is always the same.
Would you still feel that emotion?
there's no place for regrets in a deterministic view of life
I wasn't really saying that I believe that everything is predetermined, I was just commenting on my weak character that can't do anything besides lazing around.

always warned people about this, ldar sucks other than "taking a few days off"

I was just commenting on my weak character that can't do anything besides lazing around.
you didn't choose your character so in the end even if it sucks it's not your fault. I got an avoidant personality for example, but I don't feel regrets when I escape from social situations.
it's just the way my brain is wired.
and probably it's the same for your laziness

you didn't choose your character so in the end even if it sucks it's not your fault. I got an avoidant personality for example, but I don't feel regrets when I escape from social situations.
it's just the way my brain is wired.
and probably it's the same for your laziness
I have AVPD too, I posted about it several times before. I don't regret avoiding social situation because I literally don't enjoy being around people, I've never had any friends and I never wanted to. But sometimes, in moments of weakness and extreme depression, I do think about what could've been, what I missed out on. My regrets aren't rational or logical, I know, but I can't help it.

The older I get the more I regret. By now I'll never experience the joy of being with a young woman. I also regret not learning useful skills when I was younger, to get a good career. I regret becoming an alcoholic and ruining my life, moving back into this poor shithole of a country. I can't change these things, but I do regret them, even if it doesn't make sense.

I regret LDARing during school. But not much i could have done since i had bad anxiety

im not sad about ldar'ing what else is there to do as an ugly unwanted male. dealing with society/people is mentally exhausting

Knowing that it's incredibly difficult to have not done so increases the pain.