Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Red Dwarf reference - Ace "Chad" Rimmer

T

Tuttle

Banned
-
Last video thread for the night.  Hope I'm not annoying anyone.  Guess I'm in a funny mood thinking of various cultural references where all the dynamics of incel life and its opposite is portrayed.  If you are not a Red Dwarf fan you may not get much out of this....

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofibNrYDjdY[/video]

Ace Rimmer is the stereotypical Chad. Even his boss would go gay for him. Whereas I totally identify with the regular Rimmer, who was incel all his life, barring a couple of encounters. One where the FHO was concussed and the other was a hologram he couldn't be with due to circumstance.

That poor bastard was living proof of how bitter and twisted a man could get without validation from FHOs. The irony is that Chris Barrie got much better built over the course of the series and is a major crush for fangirls (even now, I imagine).

That's a good point about how his character evolved. I never really thought about it. So much of entertainment is about building up the hopes of incel-types. Probably not through actual malice but just for ratings. If so, it speaks to the amount of people who identify with us.

Well all three humanoids were incel through circumstances, but Rimmer was a truecel. It was great that they explored why he was so bitter with his horrible upbringing, being mogged by his brothers and never really getting validation from FHOs.

If anything, Ace Rimmer is living proof of what sexual validation can do for a man. No wonder Arnold hated being around him; his other self mogged him brutally, just as his brothers did.