Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Reasons why I don't use Facebook and other social media

AsakuraHao

AsakuraHao

Temp. Banned
-
First reason:
Although Facebook and other social media don't require posting your photos, I don't want to use my name on social media.

Second reason:
I don't have friends. At all. Zero. I am also an only child, and I don't have any contact with my cousins or other family members.

Third reason:
Facebook and other social media are basically internet sewage. Memes originally came from 4chan, Reddit, and occasionally other platforms.

The life cycle of the average meme looks like this:

4chan/Reddit → 9gag/IFunny → Facebook/Instagram.

Not only is Facebook the last destination of memes, but often memes get castrated, "normiefied," and lose their original meaning.

Fourth reason:
Related to the above, there are too many normies. Sites like Facebook have an extremely casual user base full of people who have low knowledge of internet culture. Even normies who spend several hours daily on their phones have minimal understanding of 4chan-like communities, such as many incel-related forums.

These people have a barebones grasp of the topics they are talking about.

For example, Facebook groups associated with Pokémon. The user base is full of people who barely know ANYTHING about the series. If you are looking for advice or thoughtful discussion, places like Facebook are a bad choice.

Even Reddit and, most notably, 4chan have a more knowledgeable user base.

@anandkonda @NeverEvenBegan @WorthlessSlavicShit @starystulejarz @PolskiKartofel @To koniec @Epedaphic @wereq @Chudpreet

I'm not active on any social media. I only have a sleeper account on Twitter & Instagram.

I don’t take pictures of myself—like, at all. Null, zero, nothing.
I only take pictures (in a photographer) if I need them for school or ID. Otherwise, never.
This is one of many reasons why I don’t have Facebook or other social media.
I think taking pictures of yourself is a sign of vanity; you think that you look good enough to show how you look to the entire world.
People bullied me because of things out of my control, so I don't feel the need to show how I look to other people.
i relate to every single word

I don't use them either

(((social media)))

Thieves of time, algorithms which are made for making us more addictive and more depressive

Using social media as an ugly subhuman virgin outcast is fucking SUICIDEFUEL.

I'm a 30 yo KHHV. By this point, almost all my peers are married now, have families, even childre, have had multiple LTRs.

Meanwhile, I didn't even get to hold a woman's hand :forcedsmile:

It's beyond fucking over.

I was afraid of running across my bullies there, and by the time I got over that, I pretty much just didn't really need it anymore. I technically do have an FB account now since I use Messenger to communicate with the people I need to talk with, but that's it.

I only use it really for X/Twitter

My "social media" is pretty Incel/outcast-tier: This forum & others like it, Telegram, etc

4troon is cucked now, most memes now start elsewhere like soyjak.party, RWgram, or RWtwt. So there are some communities worth using mainstream social media for