Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Reading Schopenhauer

totalcel

totalcel

Self-banned
-
Schopenhauer's philosophy is distinguished by its atheism and pessimistic view that all life is driven by the blind impulse of a cosmic will, which has no goal other than to continue the cycles of life. He argues that our individual lives are dominated by suffering that results from this process, and, we are only insignificant and illusory parts of the larger cosmic reality. Our life efforts are mere distractions from this despair, and we gain nothing of value from them.

This is worse than the blackpill.

I thought this was common knowledge; this entire solar system suddenly randomly be wiped off the face of the observable universe literally wouldn't matter at all in the long run, we live in a universe far too vast for us to ever fully comprehend. :feelsohgod: @Orzmund

Damn that’s brutal. I haven’t read any Schopenhauer I probably should

I am in the process of reading some of Arthur Schopenhauer's most prominent writings a second time. The intellect is the only resource available to the man who desires to cultivate some purpose that exceeds the boundaries of this insatiable will that calls for further strife and misery.

Intellect -> Noumenal Structure

Will -> Phenomenal Force
the more intellect i gain, the more the world becomes my oyster and the more evil and dangerous i become

an evil mind can be remedied with a bullet straight through it lol @Orzmund

Schopenhauer's philosophy is distinguished by its atheism and pessimistic view that all life is driven by the blind impulse of a cosmic will, which has no goal other than to continue the cycles of life. He argues that our individual lives are dominated by suffering that results from this process, and, we are only insignificant and illusory parts of the larger cosmic reality. Our life efforts are mere distractions from this despair, and we gain nothing of value from them.

This is worse than the blackpill.

Water is wet.