Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Read Homunculus

Here's a brief summary of the plot for those interested:

Manabu Ito, a rich 22 year old medical student, tows 34 year old Susumu Nakoshi's car in order to convince him to undergo trepanation. Nakoshi is an actuary on an extended vacation who decided to take time off and live inside his car between a park where the homeless reside and a tall affluent hotel he used to frequent. He later hands in his letter of resignation from being an actuary at a life insurance company. Susumu is a misanthrope who does not believe in the supernatural, just the physical reality in front of him. Manabu is a medical student who is interested in human behavior, from the psychological, medical, to even the occult. As Susumu's sixth sense begins to be activated by the trepanation, he begins to confront his own past while at the same time becoming entangled in the lives of others.

It sounds generic. So Ito unlocks a preternatural ability after undergoing an operation? And that alters his perception of reality? It makes him more sensitive to the ordeals and woes of others and challenges his purely materialistic, pessimistic worldview. It shares the plot of most redemption-oriented parables.

I've mentioned it before here, as a matter of fact. This is one of the few among the multitude of mangas which highlights themes closest to what blackpill stands for

Here's a brief summary of the plot for those interested:

Manabu Ito, a rich 22 year old medical student, tows 34 year old Susumu Nakoshi's car in order to convince him to undergo trepanation. Nakoshi is an actuary on an extended vacation who decided to take time off and live inside his car between a park where the homeless reside and a tall affluent hotel he used to frequent. He later hands in his letter of resignation from being an actuary at a life insurance company. Susumu is a misanthrope who does not believe in the supernatural, just the physical reality in front of him. Manabu is a medical student who is interested in human behavior, from the psychological, medical, to even the occult. As Susumu's sixth sense begins to be activated by the trepanation, he begins to confront his own past while at the same time becoming entangled in the lives of others.

It sounds generic. So Ito unlocks a preternatural ability after undergoing an operation? And that alters his perception of reality? It makes him more sensitive to the ordeals and woes of others and challenges his purely materialistic, pessimistic worldview. It shares the plot of most redemption-oriented parables.
Have you read it yourself?

No, should I? Have you? the only manga I have read are One Punch Man and Angel Densetsu. Oh, and Kengan Ashura/Omega.
All I have to say is that it strays furthest from the pattern of a run of the mill redemption story. The mental state of the protagonist descends progressively until it turns into a trainwreck. But given the history of the mangas you've read so far this might not appeal to you

So, does his hiatus as a bum only confirm his initial suspicions of the world's vain weltschmerz and even exacerbate it?

I've mentioned it before here, as a matter of fact. This is one of the few among the multitude of mangas which highlights themes closest to what blackpill stands for
Exactly
What other manga beside punpun highglihts blackpill?

10000%.
The only manga that left me feeling empty afterwards.

What other manga beside punpun highglihts blackpill?
Blood on the track perhaps? Even though the Mc was liked by a foid he still ended up living the life of a truecel

Heard about it a while ago I need to read it eventually