Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Rayman Legends is disappointing

Stupid Clown

Stupid Clown

Everything burns
★★★★★
Yesterday I finished the entirety of Rayman Origins including the livid dead stage (hardest level I've ever played in a platformer. Actual fucking nightmare) After having replayed the game and actually completed all the bonus levels for the first time I have to say it's easily the best 2d platformer. It's fast, responsive, difficult and perfectly paced. There is no filler in Rayman Origins. Everything is meaningful.

After enjoying my time with Origins so much I decided that I would give its sequel, Legends another shot. I gotta say it's still mediocre. The difficulty has been significantly dumbed down from origins to the extent that you don't have to even try when playing most of the levels. The only levels that are actually difficult are these fucking atrocious Murphy gimmick levels where (at least on ps vita which I was playing on) you have to use wonky touch and motion controls to guide a character you're not playing as to the finish line. It's atrocious and feels so forced and meaningless. Every gimmick in origins offered substantial gameplay and a difficulty curve. (Take the mosquito levels) In legends these gimmicks are only here to show off the capabilities of the Wii U which legends was originally designed for.

I almost rage quit the first time I came across a Murphy level.

However outside of these shitty gimmick levels (which the challenge came from bad controls) there's really no challenge. The chest chase levels in origins (which were some of my favorite parts of the game) were focused on memorization and quick reaction times. They've been replaced with music rhythm levels where you have to jump in time to licensed music. While they certainly have their charm they're a massive downgrade from origins and feel like a shitty attempt to attract normies with popular music.

Overall so far after playing Rayman Legends it just doesn't feel like a sequel to origins. Everything about it feels more like a generic product and less like a soulful excellent platformer designed with love. It's not a bad game(certainly better than most modern Marios) but it's nothing special either. Plus there's no sexy nymphs
View: https://youtu.be/EPuQkqsKOIs?si=kkxOAKjelnpKtzef

last time i played a rayman game was when i was getting a haircut in 4th grade at the barbershop. they have always been eh

i prefer crash bandicoot

last time i played a rayman game was when i was getting a haircut in 4th grade at the barbershop. they have always been eh

i prefer crash bandicoot
Rayman Origins isn't eh. If you haven't go back and play it now. It's a spectacular game even if you don't like any other Rayman game. (Which tbh I don't outside of a passing enjoyment of Rayman 2 for its music and atmosphere)

In regards to Crash Bandicoot personally I only really enjoyed the first one. Crash Bandicoot 2 is too easy and the levels don't have a ton of variety in terms of themes or level design. Crash 3 is too gimmicky. Crash 4 is more Crash 3. Twinsanity and the Titans games are mediocre. I haven't played the newest one because the art style is dog shit.

To each his own tho

I beat legends awhile ago and it was so easy

I beat legends awhile ago and it was so easy
They even dumbed down the origins levels in it to be easy. JFL that it got higher scores than origins

Pricing of those games on steam proves which game is better over the another. And i will never forgive them for not making new 3d Rayman games. I guess Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia fans also feel the same, PoP only get lazy and woke 2d games, while Splinter Cell only mobile dogshit or just in theme characters for the new slop.

Last edited: