Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace is fun

Stupid Clown

Stupid Clown

Everything burns
★★★★★
I've been playing this recently. It's been a very enjoyable experience. The basic mission design is the same as Monster Hunter where you embark on missions in maps with individual zones to defeat monsters. However it does differentiate itself in terms of the combat itself. The combat is far faster and plays more like a traditional action game than Monster Hunter. You're able to knock enemies out, freaze them in midair to release a chain of attacks and quickly dodge (games equivalent of roll) out of attacks. There's also a gauge you can fill up by either attacking enemies or collecting diamonds hidden inside crates. If you successfully fill up this gauge you unlock a super high damage berserk mode. In this mode your health drains continually unless you do damage to enemies whereupon it refills. Thus this gauge and the berserk mode adds a sort of risk and reward system to the game.

View: https://youtu.be/uKTeWxss2wk?si=RBFLy-doMQxNeYOO

Like Monster Hunter this game has different weapons classes to choose from. Personally i chose the longsword equivalent as I'm a sucker for that sort of thing. Like Monster Hunter you have to upgrade weapons (as well as your armor) by collecting materials left by monsters. In comparison to MH this system has been considerably streamlined as instead of having to manually carve monsters you've killed your character will automatically collect materials.

The best part of this game is by far the bosses. They're not super hard (so far for me at least) but they do pose a modest challenge and prevent the game from being a mindless button masher. Are they as good as Monster Hunter? No, they're far more simplistic. Yet despite the simplicity fighting them is undeniably satisfying.

Overall for anyone who likes action RPGs or Monster Hunter type i'd strongly suggest playing this game for its balanced difficulty and fun combat. It's a great game to relax to especially when your brain isn't at its full capacity. You also get to create the ultimate waifu with an in depth character creation system which is always a plus :feelsjuice:

Looks more fun that dogshit game that i've been playing right now:

Should i emulate Vita or PS3 version?

i thought you were talking about AC

Speaking of Monster Hunter clones have you played God Eater?