Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

[Question] Do anti depressants make you lower inhib?

I

_incelinside

☆☆☆☆☆
★★★★★
Sertraline does not, it does the opposite.

I don't know about others.

Sertraline does not, it does the opposite.

I don't know about others.
out of the 3 i took sertraline was the best but all it did was blunt my feelings, lows weren't quite as low etc

No, the anger management jewpills i take highten my inhib.

"clinical depression" doesn't apply to Chad lmfao. Friendly reminder that there is a MASSIVE surge of dopamine and serotonin in Chad's brain every time he fucks a skank senseless. Chad does not go therapy or any psych. Chad will never take an SSRI.

No, they just make you apathetic.

Anti-depressants made me even more depressed, knowing that I had to rely on medication to resemble any sort of human function.

yes they do. but they also lowe my iq.

Nope. Not from my experiences with it. It just makes me feel like a ghost.

They can cause mania, or feelings of elation. Its not as simple as saying sertaline doesnt. Its an SSRI and all SSRIs can trigger bipolar mania in susceptible individuals.

If youre not planning to eat the sun or take over the world or spending yourself into massive debt, enjoy it, its not harmful unless its causing actual problems like delusions or being so low inhib you're humping a traps leg, and it might just be that they're working really well and deep down youre actually quite chill but you were very depressed

(Edit: chads kill themselves, even chads get nonced or have other mental problems, yes its much rarer because the conditions that precipitate mental illness/cause personality disorders in susceptible people like loneliness, rejection etc dont happen to chads. Equally they are validated so often you probably get more chad sociopaths than incels)

Will it give me the energy to workout and lose weight?

Will it give me the energy to workout and lose weight?

Depends. Probably not, they're not stimulants (except Wellbutrin which is actually). SSRIs are sedating in some people, anxiety inducing in others. There's other classes too but a lot of the more common ones (mirtazapine especially, TCAs) tend to be actively sedating.

If youre not exercising because you are legit depressed you may start, but that depends on whether you actually want to and are just ill rn or whether you are just not bothering now and antidepressants generally won't make a blind bit of difference to that

EUtSi3f