Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Progression in Multiplayer games is so stupid

ratk

ratk

Recruit
★★★★
I've got to be x level to get this gun why? I've already fucking paid for it, truth is this "gameplay loop" is how they keep people engaged lmao cause the game is really boring without the desire to unlock shit. It literally turns the game into a full time job, battlefield series is notorious for this shit making you do all these silly challenge just to unlock content which you've already paid for how fucking goofy is that. I can recall in battlefield 4 unlocking the l58a2 one of the challenges was getting a "Get 1 defibrillator kill", If you aren't aware the only way to even pull that off is literally just by camping around a fucking corner on operation locker.

I'm convinced people need some sort of arbitrary quest loop to keep it exciting they literally cannot appreciate the gameplay. A good litmus test to see if the mp game your playing is actually fun is taking away the progression system see what you think of it after.

TLDR: PROGRESSION IN MP GAMES TURNS GAMING INTO A FULL TIME JOB, PEOPLE DON'T ACTUALLY ENJOY THE GAMES BUT THE MERE FUCKING PROGRESSION

That's only issue of newer MP games. TF2, Warcraft 3, Dawn of war 1, Unreal Tournament, Quake 3, Wolf ET never had those issues you started with all weapons unlocked and any new content in TF2 could be earned just by playing same as usual or through trading.

True, as a kid that was the main aspect of online gaming that I was addicted to.