Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

"Progress" is a figment of the human imagination

G

gstvtrp

Banned
-
In nature, there is no concept that things should improve over time. The sole objective of biology is survival.

Primitive human behavior that we see is no different. Humans like to believe that over time we should advance but in reality the drive to advance takes a backseat to survival always. So all of our instincts are based in survival first. Unfortunately, these survival instincts are tuned to the world thousands of years ago and not to our modern world.

Unfortunately, these survival instincts are tuned to the world thousands of years ago and not to our modern world.

Exactly. All of the problems with the modern dating scene arise from the fact that our brains never really evolved to adapt to a civilized society like this. Explains shit like women still practicing a dual-mating strategy, leading on men & using them as emotional tampons, being attracted to bad boys (dark triad traits), hypergamy, etc...

We can now transcend biology though. JFL if you think we owe biology shit.

True, sometimes I use mental gymnastics to find "progress" in the things I do, I think its a coping mechanism.

In nature, there is no concept that things should improve over time. The sole objective of biology is survival.

Primitive human behavior that we see is no different. Humans like to believe that over time we should advance but in reality the drive to advance takes a backseat to survival always. So all of our instincts are based in survival first. Unfortunately, these survival instincts are tuned to the world thousands of years ago and not to our modern world.
Technology progresses though. Humans dont progress but the collective ideas do.

there's a good celine passage bout dis