Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Programming is too confusing for me

W

worstcel

Banned
-
I don't think I'm high IQ enough to understand such complexity. Why am I so retarded? Do I have to be curry / asian to understand it? Nonetheless I will keep trying, as I really want to be a coder.

EDIT: currently trying to learn C#

tbh learning anything is confusing at first

I couldn't do it either. I only ever failed one class in high school and that was Game Design, and I also had to program in C# in it. I got a 49 in it, which brought my GPA down to a 2.8.

you're wasting time and energy with that
I'll probably move over to python tbh, which is one of the languages I want to learn. I dont even know why I'm doing C# but I'll keep trying and frying my brain.

i believe in you bro you can do it

i dont know who you are and dont believe you can do it

Programming has become a meme, just like engineering. Even if you were able to do it, it's becoming saturated and you'd just be passed over for a more attractive candidate. Soon, computers will be doing their own programming.

Programs are just loops and branches. Top-down object-oriented design is easy once you get the hang of it. There are no "hard" languages, but you can make confusing spaghetti code in the most basic languages. Be sure to keep functions small. When they exceed one page it's a good idea to break them up for clarity

Programs are just loops and branches. Top-down object-oriented design is easy once you get the hang of it. There are no "hard" languages, but you can make confusing spaghetti code in the most basic languages. Be sure to keep functions small. When they exceed one page it's a good idea to break them up for clarity

tallfag has big brain and big wingspan it seems

Dude programming is too fucking complicated. Every time I try to learn programming I get to a point where I'm able to make a thing that outputs fizzbuzz for the first 100 integers and then I realize that I still can't code Crysis from scratch so I give up.

I found some of the free tutorials on Code Academy useful for Python but never used C#.

I'll probably move over to python tbh, which is one of the languages I want to learn. I dont even know why I'm doing C# but I'll keep trying and frying my brain.
you can make a lot of money out of C# and .NET, but you might need a college degree for it, some retard I know took that route and shits money

if you're going to be a freelancer or work in a small company you'd probably be better off with PHP, Javascript, and frameworks

Programming has become a meme, just like engineering. Even if you were able to do it, it's becoming saturated and you'd just be passed over for a more attractive candidate. Soon, computers will be doing their own programming.

Maybe try to learn in a different way. Like I'm completely useless at theory and exercises/examples, but when I start making something I start figuring out stuff. As you're learning C#, you could try making some game prototypes in Unity if you think it would be more interesting for you.

And don't listen to anyone telling you not to bother with C#. It's useful for all kinds of things, it's pretty similar to Java (coming from Java it took me a week to become competent in C#) and the concepts and techniques you learn will be applicable to many other languages.

And for the future, it's best to first figure out what you want to make/do and then choose the best tool to learn for the task.

Maybe try to learn in a different way. Like I'm completely useless at theory and exercises/examples, but when I start making something I start figuring out stuff. As you're learning C#, you could try making some game prototypes in Unity if you think it would be more interesting for you.

And don't listen to anyone telling you not to bother with C#. It's useful for all kinds of things, it's pretty similar to Java (coming from Java it took me a week to become competent in C#) and the concepts and techniques you learn will be applicable to many other languages.

And for the future, it's best to first figure out what you want to make/do and then choose the best tool to learn for the task.
this is quite helpful tbh, thanks

I wish they just had you do drills of commonly occurring code for entry classes so you became familiar with a base set of skills. It should be analogous to music instruction. No one would give a lecture on how on how you're supposed to play the piano then have you try it on your own, plus mandate creativity so they have something to grade you on.

man i can't even learn excel properly :cryfeels:

wtf I cant add spacing on a new line before the code
C#:
public async void AcquireJB(addFBIThisPostIsNotSeriousDisclaimer: true)
{
var jb = new JB(age: 14, owner: Users.Happiless);
_dbContext.Foids.Update(jb);
var result = await _dbContext.SaveChangesAsync();
var cuck = FindOpposingCucks(out Human human);
if(cuck.IsNearby())
{
GoER(human);
}
if(result.Success)
{
InsertCock(jb);
}
}
// the brackets style is C# shit ded srs

Last edited:
wtf I cant add spacing on a new line before the code
C#:
public async void AcquireJB(addFBIThisPostIsNotSeriousDisclaimer: true)
{
var jb = new JB(age: 14, owner: Users.Happiless);
_dbContext.Foids.Update(jb);
var result = await _dbContext.SaveChangesAsync();
var cuck = FindOpposingCucks(out Human human);
if(cuck.IsNearby())
{
GoER(human);
}
if(result.Success)
{
InsertCock(jb);