Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Programmercels GTFIH

StSausageCel

StSausageCel

Officer
★★★
My dad wants me to start a full stack developer course at some institution nearby. Problem is, the fees are steep. He is willing to pay for the course for me, but I wanted to know whether it's feasible to learn web development, programming, mobile app development etc. On my own? Like in my free time? So my dad doesn't have to spend money on some place that claim they can teach me everything I need to know in 6 months which sounds extremely outlandish

but I wanted to know whether it's feasible to learn web development, programming, mobile app development etc. On my own? Like in my free time?
That's how most people do it. They don't teach those things in uni CS degrees. I have heard of code bootcamps before, but everyone I know learned on their own. However, I do imagine a course might make it easier. Up to you if you think that's worth the money though.

Yes, it's very possible, I don't know how it's in your country but they will likely teach you outdated shit anyway, web is changing fast
You can download some books for prefered web langugage, google if you have problems on stackoverflow and try deploying your sites on some cheap vps and domain

Depends on your attention span, motivation and ability to think logical.
After 3 years of learning C# a few times a week, I still fucking suck at it.

My dad wants me to start a full stack developer course at some institution nearby. Problem is, the fees are steep. He is willing to pay for the course for me, but I wanted to know whether it's feasible to learn web development, programming, mobile app development etc. On my own? Like in my free time? So my dad doesn't have to spend money on some place that claim they can teach me everything I need to know in 6 months which sounds extremely outlandish
Discipline boyo. Its all about discipline.

Don't pay for courses in programming.

Programming is one of the rare skills that can be learned entirely for free from publicly available resources. As far as I can tell, that's how most programmers, including the most capable, learned.

Programming is one of the rare skills that can be learned entirely for free from publicly available resources. As far as I can tell, that's how most programmers, including the most capable, learned.
^^ The only reason to go to a uni for cs is for their connections to big companies.

I wanted to know whether it's feasible to learn web development, programming, mobile app development etc. On my own? Like in my free time?
It absolutely is, and I'll even take it a step further and say that's a better way to learn than taking some dumb class.
BUT
You'll find it really hard to get a job if you don't have a meaningless diploma. They absolutely use that to filter prospective employees and if you don't have one it doesn't matter how much you know or how good you are. So you should go ahead and let your dad pay for the class even though it's a waste of money.

Yeah go freecodecamp.org and learn hmtl css js on there

Programming is one of the rare skills that can be learned entirely for free from publicly available resources
Almost any skill can be learned like that. I can't really think of one that can't.

Fuck programming, backend and frontend web development is full of newbs nowadays, it’s so simple anyone can learn it. Idk, it’s pretty cucked, I’d go for networking if I were you, get some valid certificate like CCNA or CCNP. That’s something valid.

I'm not sure software dev is a great path to go into. At lower levels it's quite saturated. Plus some jobs can be outsourced which puts further downward pressure on wages.

This being said, I don't see any better jobs out there for incels.

Take it if he's paying obviously. The only downside for me is learning in a social classroom environment but with covid its easier. But you could just instead pay for something like codecademy Pro or udemy courses and get your own qualification certificates instead I think.