Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Pop culture changes at a much slower rate than it did in the past

SayanimCel

SayanimCel

Blackpill active measures
If you watch any modern film or show that is set in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, or 90s, outside of the content on its own that people watch them for, they also do it for the iconic factor. The styles, media, music and trends of those times are considered iconic.

An example of this would be American Psycho, which came out in 2000, but is set in the year 1987 - just 13 years prior. The film's cult following has a lot do with how iconically 80s it is known to be

Now think about this for a minute. We're in 2022 now, and 2022 - 13 = 2009. Would, or could, you ever have a show or film made today set in 2009 that people right now will look back and on say "oh man, that is so 2009, so iconic." I don't think you could

By that same pattern, I seriously doubt the kinds of shows and films set 30 or 40 years in the past that are made now, e.g. X, No Country for Old Men, Stranger Things, etc. will be made about this era in 30 or 40 years' time

I think this is a result of a number of factors:
-Everybody being raised on social media and the Internet so no organic real-world interactions take place which shape memories of a time period better than online experiences do

-So much entertainment made today is focused on propaganda and narratives that the actual quality of the content itself is lost in the weeds, and thus not remembered as much

-Most entertainment made today is just regurgitations of past generations' entertainment

-Too many people have been let into the industry (this kinda reminds me of the "how to destroy a fandom" meme): entertainment was often made in the past for the enjoyment of specific crowds, but now with the social inclusion of every group in society that "deserves to see themselves on the tv :soy:" content has to be made which pleases everyone (except straight white males ofc), and so never really amounts to anything special

-Most new trends that people get buzzed about today are literal faggot / tranny shit that nobody will look back on as iconic

-End stages of social engineering when all content has to be dumbed-down and turned to shit to dull creativity and promote mental illness

-Probably more stuff I'm not thinking of right now

Its definitely much more sjw, inclusive and rainbow colored compared to 2009, now there isnt a movie or video game that doesnt brainwash you into their ""education" Realistic females also dont exist on screen, only angry superwoman all capable foids with zero femininity.

:bigbrain::bigbrain: I was going to argue that the hyperconnected era only accelerated it, but after consideration, you're right. Even the way people dress hasn't changed much since the early 2000s. Maybe this cultural stasis will only continue as the world homogenizes around a central media.

I have been unable to watch movies made in the last few years specifically because of the obnoxious agenda pushing. At first I thought maybe it was a normal trend but I've recently discovered that it's really only films from around 2010 onward. Something changed about a decade ago to make movies much more powerful vehicles of propaganda.

what i witness is the rap scene has gone back, the vhs effects the vintage sets , the old cars they are back. its a full circle

I also noticed this.

When in the early 2000s I listened to a song from the 1980s (Queen for instance), I immediately felt that "retro vibe", how that song was significantly different from my own era back them.
If I listen to Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory in 2022, I don't feel any of that historical gap between 2000 and 2022.

Yes, it seems like our culture has stopped evolving and got frozen sometimes after the turn of the millenium.

Technology changes those days are what caused the change in culture.

In the 50's very few had televisions and mostly radios.

Then The introduction of electrrical music instruments like guitars and keyboards completely changes the type and style of music produced.

Listen to the music and videos from the 50's 60's till the 2010's you will notice what i mean. Those days were analoug i.e they still antennas for example and copper now we user digital and wifi

Nothing is changing now because the technology is not changing since like 2008. Justr software is getting better and computing speed because of better designed chips and components but technology has stagnated, it is just enhanced by better designs and aurtomatisation , software etc.

It's been proven that women's involvement in mankind and it's projects actually slow things down. Whether it's art, technology.. whatever. Toilets having a say in society actually slows societys progress. It's no wonder why things haven't changed as much. So much for "progression" :feelskek:.

I think it's elites and globohomo/sjw that you've got to thank for all this. In all honesty Im not sure why creativity is not as prevalent as it was before. Maybe the entertainment industry should hire more highly creative autistis like me. :feelsaww:

Last edited:
Its definitely much more sjw, inclusive and rainbow colored compared to 2009, now there isnt a movie or video game that doesnt brainwash you into their ""education" Realistic females also dont exist on screen, only angry superwoman all capable foids with zero femininity.
This also, masculinizing women and randomly adding a female character for the sake of representation. Movies nowadays are more for pushing an idea or agenda. Not simply telling interesting stories. I was reading this article on how a young ambitious boy created an amazing story and contacted a big movies studio to help his dream come true.

They eventually created his story into a movie but added characters that he never made in the first place. Gay and ethnic characters to add more representation in the story and even altered the story a bit to fit the agenda they we're pushing. I'm guessing the little boy was not very find of the movie studio tampering with his original story.