Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Polski/Polish people, can you help me understand some Polish?

• Thread starter FrothySolutions
  • Start date
FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★
There's this Polish American Festival in my area that has these commercials, and every year they usually open with some kind of greeting that sounds like "Yak czivacz!" I would type it into Google Translate, but I only know how it sounds, not how it's spelled. Does that sound like anything to you?

Also, they use this saying "Smile until you're Polish." What does that mean?

Maybe they're saying "jak się masz?" which means "how are you doing?".

@needsolution

That's most likely it. But what about "Smile until you're Polish?"
It means nothing to me. They most likely just made it up. It's quite inaccurate tbh, because most polish people have resting bitch faces.

Many brutal Polandpills lately. I actually met another really cute girl from Poland (2nd one I knew) only to be let down again for the millionth time.

:soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy:
:soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy:
:redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill:
:redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill::redpill:

I actually met another really cute girl from Poland (2nd one I knew) only to be let down again for the millionth time.
How'd you meet her?

It means nothing to me. They most likely just made it up. It's quite inaccurate tbh, because most polish people have resting bitch faces.

I'm wondering why they would say it. Does Poland have anything to do with smiling? Is it the sausage? Maybe shaped like a smile?

The resting bitch face is a byproduct/relic of communist times, when literally every aspect of life in Poland was absolute shit, and there were fucktons of bureaucracy everywhere, in fact most of the bureaucracy stayed after communism ended. I hear that the bureaucracy is getting better with all the old fucks retiring and young people coming in who never experienced communism.

The whole "smile until you're polish" was probably some kind of ad slogan.

The resting bitch face is a byproduct/relic of communist times, when literally every aspect of life in Poland was absolute shit, and there were fucktons of bureaucracy everywhere, in fact most of the bureaucracy stayed after communism ended. I hear that the bureaucracy is getting better with all the old fucks retiring and young people coming in who never experienced communism.

The whole "smile until you're polish" was probably some kind of ad slogan.

It was a slogan, but why would they use that slogan?