Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment [Poll] Do you believe in free will?

Do you believe in free will?

• Yes.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • No.

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • Other. (Explain)

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters
StoicNihilist

StoicNihilist

"You'll do this again, time is a flat circle..."
-
I personally don't. There is simply too much evidence out there to suggest that free will doesn't exist.

I believe 100% in biological determinism and that most of our thoughts, feelings, and to a large degree our actions are based around factors that are external to the will and external to our conciousness.

no because humans cant be free :feelstrash:

thread has been made before and i still vote for no

No man, it’s been proven to not exist

The idea makes no sense, has no logical foundation, and has been revealed as such since antiquity.

No, buddy boyo. Free will get's cucked by biological determinism.

Free will has never existed. Herr Nietzsche i recomend you to read essay by Arthur Shopenhauer " "Transcendent Speculation on the Apparent Deliberateness in the Fate of the Individual" for extended comrehension of the subject.

No bro

Researchers also analyzed EEG recordings for each trial with respect to the timing of the action. It was noted that brain activity involved in the initiation of the action, primarily centered in the secondary motor cortex, occurred, on average, approximately five hundred milliseconds before the trial ended with the pushing of the button. That is to say, researchers recorded mounting brain activity related to the resultant action as many as three hundred milliseconds before subjects reported the first awareness of conscious will to act. In other words, apparently conscious decisions to act were preceded by an unconscious buildup of electrical activity within the brain - the change in EEG signals reflecting this buildup came to be called Bereitschaftspotential or readiness potential. As of 2008, the upcoming outcome of a decision could be found in study of the brain activity in the prefrontal and parietal cortex up to 7 seconds before the subject was aware of their decision.

I personally don't. There is simply too much evidence out there to suggest that free will doesn't exist.

I believe 100% in biological determinism and that most of our thoughts, feelings, and to a large degree our actions are based around factors that are external to the will and external to our conciousness.

define "free will"

I don't think people really have much free will metaphysically, but in society we don't really either since the birth of modern technology. It's one of the reasons I used to like Ted Kaczynski: his Industrial Society and It's Future manifesto was boring but high IQ as fuck and detailed how our free will has been stripped away by technology. We are able to make decisions but not act on them within society.

If you're asking if I believe in the concept that everyone should have free will, I say that Y chromosome=freedom.

We have free will, the problem is that many of our potential options lead to fruitless or unpleasant outcomes

We only have some amount of it. Some things are kind set from birth and there are others we simply can't resist, it's our nature.

I like to think of life like a visual novel with choices, we do have free will, but some things will happen no matter what and there are also actions we will take regardless.

There is no true free will, is there was any free will we wouldn't be here right now.

absolutely i do free will is what make's me me

Yes and no, yes in the sense of "I think, therefore I am" and No in the case that whatever we do we are controlled by what our actions will do, our standing and genes.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back