Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Pokémon Emerald's Battle Frontier is fucking TOUGH

Mainländer

Mainländer

Songwritercel
★★★★★
I'm talking specifically about the Battle Tower, which is arguably the main facility there.

I'm using the Ciros Pokémon maker tool to create perfect Pokémon, top EVs, top IVs, the best sets, the best team combinations, and yet I'm still beaten in the Battle Frontier from time to time.

Defensive cleric Blissey, specially defensive spikes + whirlwind Skarmory and resttalk defensive Latias was the best shit I could come up with after dozens of hours testing and even this team still loses occasionally.

How the FUCK is one supposed to beat that shit with normal Pokémon caught in the Emerald version? Battle Frontier is something completely different from normal usual Pokémon stuff which is fairly easy (like beating the game normally, elite 4, etc).

Battle Palace and Battle Tower are fucking insane.

Battle Pike is easy at least.

Battle Palace and Battle Tower are fucking insane.

Battle Pike is easy at least.
Battle Dome is doable as well, I already beat it with a normal team. Not that is easy, not at all, but battle Tower is a whole other level.

Battle Pyramid is VERY tough as well. Having to beat a full legendary team with not fully healed Pokémon is insane.

Why don't you EV train normaly it's easy....Frontier was a walk in the park if you EV train (most)

Why don't you EV train normaly it's easy....Frontier was a walk in the park if you EV train (most)
My teams are all fully IVed and Eved, boyo. The best team I could come up in detail:

Blissey@Leftovers - Bold - Natural Cure
204 hp (702 hp, max Leftovers recovery), 252 def 54 sdef

Flamethrower
Toxic
Softboiled
Aromatherapy

Skarmory@Chesto Berry - Impish - Sturdy (tons of OHKO moves going on in Battle Tower)
252 hp, 6 def, 252 sdef

Aerial Ace (tons of evasion going on all as well)
Spikes
Whirlwind
Rest

Latias@Lum Berry - Timid - Levitate
252 hp 82 def 176 speed (to outspeed the fastest Starmie there which has 329 speed, my Latias has 330)

Dragon Claw
Calm Mind
Rest
Sleep Talk

All have 31 IVs in all stats (With 0 in Blissey's and Latias' atk to minimize confusion damage).

Last edited:
My teams are all fully IVed and Eved, boyo. The best team I could come up in detail:

Flamethrower
Toxic
Softboiled
Aromatherapy

Skarmory@Chesto Berry - Impish - Sturdy (tons of OHKO moves going on in Battle Tower)
252 hp, 6 def, 252 sdef

Spikes
Whirlwind
Rest

252 hp 82 def 176 speed (to outspeed the fastest Starmie there which has 329 speed, my Latias has 330)

Dragon Claw
Calm Mind
Rest
Sleep Talk

All have 31 IVs in all stats (With 0 in Blissey's and Latias' atk to minimize confusion damage).
Whirlwind on Skarmory won't help you much in Frontier. Use toxic instead much more usefull if you stall with resto-chesto.
And give T-bolt to Blissey for extra covarage !!!

Whirlwind on Skarmory won't help you much in Frontier. Use toxic instead much more usefull if you stall with resto-chesto.
I was using a Curse/Aerial Ace/Hp Ground/Rest Skarmory before, I changed to Whirlwind because some particular stat-boosting Pokémon were giving me a real headache, especially DDance/Curse Tyranitar. But yeah, whirlwind isn't optimal in 3 x 3 battles.

I tried using a Haze Weezing but Weezing can't hold its own in Battle Frontier, it isn't a top tier pokémon.

And give T-bolt to Blissey for extra covarage !!!
Blissey barely does damage without offensive investment, Flamethrower is only for Steel types and combos nicely with Toxic (which they're immune to).

Furthermore, which move would I give up for Thunderbolt? Softboiled and Toxic are absolutely needed, and Aromatherapy helps a lot since I have two Rest users.

I never played Pokemon with IVs or EVs in mind. I guess that explains why I barely beat the elite four no matter which game I played

I never played Pokemon with IVs or EVs in mind. I guess that explains why I barely beat the elite four no matter which game I played
It's not hard to learn but takes time, if you play casual don't care to learn, pokemon can still be fun without them.

It's not hard to learn but takes time, if you play casual don't care to learn, pokemon can still be fun without them.
I played Pokemon from ages 6-13 and I didn't have a way to access the internet because my parents rarely let me use their computers, so I played casually with no guides or outside sources for years. My play style was horrendous looking back on it

The elite 4 is easy if you levelupmaxx a bit. It's only tough if you reach them with low level Pokémon or you have a really shitty team.

I already beat Emerald's elite 4 even with a mono normal/flying team (Pidgeot, Fearow, Noctowl, Dodrio, Swellow, Farfetch'd). And I didn't even EV train or leveled up that much (only to match the level of the Elite 4 members' Pokémon).

How did you get perfect IVs boyo?

bro i was so mad when they didn’t put it in alpha sapphire

The elite 4 is easy if you levelupmaxx a bit. It's only tough if you reach them with low level Pokémon or you have a really shitty team.

I already beat Emerald's elite 4 even with a mono normal/flying team (Pidgeot, Fearow, Noctowl, Dodrio, Swellow, Farfetch'd). And I didn't even EV train or leveled up that much (only to match the level of the Elite 4 members' Pokémon).
I just caught the ones who looked the coolest and put them in the PC when another cool Pokémon with a higher level came around . I only consistently battled with my starter, who was always 5 or more levels below whatever the members of the E4 had on their team. So my team was made up of my starter, the legendary of the game who I trained up by a level or 2 and whatever Pokémon I had caught in the lastest areas of the game

I just caught the ones who looked the coolest and put them in the PC when another cool Pokémon with a higher level came around . I only consistently battled with my starter, who was always 5 or more levels below whatever the members of the E4 had on their team. So my team was made up of my starter, the legendary of the game who I trained up by a level or 2 and whatever Pokémon I had caught in the lastest areas of the game
Well that's why it was difficult then. I always previously decide which ones I'm gonna train in a run and stick to the same 6 for the whole game. Then they have higher levels at the time I reach the Elite 4.

Just tested a defensive 252 hp 252 def 6 sdef Suicune in the place of Skarmory and got demolished twice in a row before beating even 7 trainers in a row. First time by a critical and second time by a DDance Gyarados. Skarmory is a must, best physical wall in the game thanks to typing and stats.

Well that's why it was difficult then. I always previously decide which ones I'm gonna train in a run and stick to the same 6 for the whole game. Then they have higher levels at the time I reach the Elite 4.

Just tested a defensive 252 hp 252 def 6 sdef Suicune in the place of Skarmory and got demolished twice in a row before beating even 7 trainers in a row. First time by a critical and second time by a DDance Gyarados. Skarmory is a must, best physical wall in the game thanks to typing and stats.
Yeah, a few months ago I downloaded some roms for the older games that I used to own along with some that I never had (FR) and now that I’m older and have a better understanding of the game, I’ve been able to beat the E4 with ease. Skarmory was the MVP when I fought Steven, it’s certainly one of the best Pokémon to have due to it’s typing and movepool

What's your team? I have a very specific set of Pokemon I like to have in every single pokemon game I play, though I haven't touched any in years.
I already posted it in detail here:

Flamethrower
Toxic
Softboiled
Aromatherapy

252 hp, 6 def, 252 sdef

Spikes
Whirlwind
Rest

Dragon Claw
Calm Mind
Rest
Sleep Talk

This is the best I could come up with after hours and hours of testing. Battle Tower is 3 x 3.

Oh, you went for min-max strategy, I always pick my teams based on the ones I like the most (;
There's tons of people who try to get the best team ever.
I usually play with the ones I like as well, but in the Battle Tower it's simply not feasible. I actually tried to beat it just with some of my favorites but they just don't cut it there.

Raichu, Cradily, Crawdaunt, Dragonair, Furret and Absol would be my 6 favorite team.

I usually play with the ones I like as well, but in the Battle Tower it's simply not feasible. I actually tried to beat it just with some of my favorites but they just don't cut it there.

Raichu, Cradily, Crawdaunt, Dragonair, Furret and Absol would be my 6 favorite team.
I generally play it by ear. It would become boring using the same teams and starts over and over

i have literally never played a pokemon game

The battle tree from Sun and Moon is worse. Maybe not harder per se (the AI was actually smarter back in gen 3) but it will do things like this:

eerily often. As if on purpose.

The battle tree from Sun and Moon is worse. Maybe not harder per se (the AI was actually smarter back in gen 3) but it will do things like this:

eerily often. As if on purpose.

The Battle Frontier is also full of hax, critical hits on the most inopportune moments possible all the times and OHKO moves hitting you way more often than 35% of times.

The Battle Frontier is also full of hax, critical hits on the most inopportune moments possible all the times and OHKO moves hitting you way more often than 35% of times.
Eh. I guess all those post game challenge type platforms are.

I did some minor changes to my Skarmory; changed Spikes for Curse again and changed the nature to Careful instead of Impish.

My team actually improved a bit, it took me like 20 battles till I lost now.

The ones in 4th gen are stupid easy imo

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back