Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Please help me think of a source of dopamine that isn’t insanely time consuming.

• Thread starter ThePlagueDoctor
  • Start date
ThePlagueDoctor

ThePlagueDoctor

:(
★★★★
I’m trying to focus on schoolwork but for some reason I can’t stop using copes like vidya or youtube or going on .co

What can I do? I have insanely low self control so it’s not like I can just stop coping.

Play old school or new arcade style games.

Think Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat II, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, the New Super Mario Brothers U Switch Deluxe version or Sonic Mania or games from the Capcom Beat em up Bundle like Final Fight and Warriors Of Fate, etc, etc.

Arcade style games get you in and out quickly of the dopamine rush.

Fight a few rounds in fighting games, clear a few levels in Sonic or Mario then get back to your home work and do ALL of this in fun and rewarding back and forth spurts.

Play old school or new arcade style games.

Think Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat II, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, the New Super Mario Brothers U Switch Deluxe version or Sonic Mania or Final Fight, etc, etc.

Arcade style games get you in and out quickly of the dopamine rush.

Fight a few rounds in fighting games, clear a few levels in Sonic or Mario then get back to your home work and do ALL of this in fun and rewarding back and forth spurts.
Yeah that’s where I’m messing up

I’ve been playing games like civ or tf2 where each game can last a while. Thanks for the idea.

Meditate for 5 minutes then wirte thoughts or feelings down on a notebook. do this often

Last edited:
Yeah that’s where I’m messing up

I’ve been playing games like civ or tf2 where each game can last a while. Thanks for the idea.
bro you play team fortress 2? do you mind if I pm you my steam

No problem.

If you’ve got a sweet Hyperspin setup or just MAME installed I also highly recommend you play one of my favorite all time beat em ups titled “Vendetta” as its gameplay is fun and satisfying and it’s main hero characters are awesome and naturally so at that considering that they are modelled after ie ripped off from the likenesses of Hulk Hogan, Mr. T, Jean Claude Van Damme and Mike Tyson.

Oh yeah and before I go to finish this out if you want to play perhaps the finest martial arts styled beat em up ever created in gaming history up to this point get yourself a GBA emulator and a rom of Double Dragon Advance.

Its not just another tired, worn out and used up port of the ancient original slow moving sluggish game either but a total and complete remake, with fast movement, more moves by far and epic nunchuck skull cracking action.

And to think before I discovered this masterpiece I thought Super Double Dragon on the SNES was the apex measuring stick of quality in the series.

I don't know tbh. I need one too

Sudoku is pretty fun.

Fuck your girlfriend

Start doing speed, you'll get schoolwork done
full

fapping to lolis

premature ejaculation coom. takes 30 seconds:feelsLSD::feelsLSD::feelsLSD::feelsLSD:

look up nootropics aka study drugs

Amphetamines in minecraft vr

shitpost on looksmax

Meditate for 5 minutes then wirte thoughts or feelings down on a notebook. do this often
I suppose this wouldn't do no harm. I keep notes of my observations, ideas and dreams, too.

Just receive alerts in .co bro

Work out on the farm fields

Why, man? :feelsseriously:
I dont need to be told that focusing on my breath for 5 minutes and writing down my thoughts "seems safe". You sound like a reddit cuck. Even if it wasn't safe, I dont care, I dont need to have my actions validated in this way. You yourself probably engage in activities that make use of way more complex processes and have more potential for harm, like technological tools, modern nutritional habits, etc, yet i dont think you take issues with those. This aversion to any individual, introspective, self directed actions in the guise of safety is integral part of the institutional tools of social control nowadays. The same argument they use against drugs - "unsafe" "potential for harm", but in reality they just want to have control over you
I dont resent you but its important to expose these discoursive habits for what they are, many times the subject expousing them himself doesn't realize that there are sinister implications lurking beneath it

Last edited:
I dont need to be told that focusing on my breath for 5 minutes and writing down my thoughts "seems safe". You sound like a reddit cuck. Even if it wasn't safe, I dont care, I dont need to have my actions validated in this way. You yourself probably engage in activities that make use of way more complex processes and have more potential for harm, like technological tools, modern nutritional habits, etc, yet i dont think you take issues with those. This aversion to any individual, introspective, self directed actions in the guise of safety is integral part of the institutional tools of social control nowadays. The same argument they use against drugs
Yo, man. A lot of assumptions from you.

I keep a diary, and I think it works for me. I'm not going to say keeping a diary would be beneficial to a person that I don't know. We don't have the same life experience and we don't think the same. I think it's irresponsible to say something definitely works for other people. Nothing in life is without a risk. You can lose time or worse, your life when you really stop to think about your life. That could be really depressing for some. If it wasn't for me keeping a diary myself, I wouldn't have said anything.

Last edited:
I would recommend gymcelling for this. I step by the gym most days to lift some weights. Also grinding out xp on OSRS provides me with a false sence of achievment in my day to day life