Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Please, don’t use the term “low-key” as an adjective to describe “a bit” or “partially”

Subhuman Niceguy

Subhuman Niceguy

Paragon
★★★★★
Reddit is destroying the English language.

Before 2020, I never heard people saying “low key” as often as I do now. Seeing the term on Reddit is one thing, hearing people use the term while at work and school is annoying.

I always thought it was retarded and never used that shit once.

I always thought it was retarded and never used that shit once.
Thank you, a Mexican foid coworker of mine said “low key,” this past summer - and I lost the little bit of attraction I had to her, because she’s stupid.

thankfully i'm a non native english speaker, so most analytical features of the language sound retarded and artificial to me

Goddamn, I had to make a quick edit to this thread, because I didn’t put a hyphen between “low” and “key.”

soylent induced mental retarded utterings

Before 2020, I never heard people saying “low key” as often as I do now. Seeing the term on Reddit is one thing, hearing people use the term while at work and school is annoying.
Tiktok made all these nigga words mainstream way more than Reddit. I hate it personally because it’s Americanising the era I live. I’ve made threads before about wanting to preserve dialects (especially the diverse ones around me)

I'm low key bout to not listen to this goofy ahh nigga fr fr

I don't use that term

I know "low key" as alternative term to "really"

Shiet cuz I ain't changing my speak