Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Picture or mirror

C

Captvic

Admiral
★★★★
Which is truly more accurate? I just saw a picture of myself and it has completely shattered my self esteem I really want to kill myself. When I see my picture, it totally explains why I am an incel. Mirrors are cope.

Mirrors look slightly better for some reason idk why.

Picture is the real you
If you don't wanna die right on the spot after seeing a picture of yourself, you are a fakecel :chad: :banhammer:

I avoid them both.
But for some reason the picture hurts more. Seeing a picture of myself is top three tier suifuel.
I don't know why we look so absoluely terrible in pictures but far less so in mirrors.

Yeah, I look way better in the mirror, I think it has something to do with the camera lens.

Pictures are far more accurate.

I look uglier in mirror than pics.

Mirror is better and better quality than a camera.

It's not hard to get that one perfect angle in the mirror.

Both are the same tbh. I only look good if i get an angle going on that best suits my face shape

Looking at yourself in the mirror obviously flips the image, but it's also almost always at a perfectly level angle. Honestly a bit more accurate as that's how most people will be seeing you anyway (unless you're a manlet, in which case you're fucked)

In the mirror you can choose and focus on your best angles. The picture is way more acurate

I look shit in both

Lens distortion is horrible on smartphone cameras, especially the front camera, so you have to take any phone selfie with a grain of salt. A picture taken with a professional camera is more accurate than a mirror if for no other reason than you're used to seeing yourself in the mirror, but if you only have the mirror and your smartphone, trust the mirror first.

Looking at yourself in the mirror obviously flips the image,
but it's also almost always at a perfectly level angle.
This might be the key thing here. Pictures could be taken from a higher perspective, looking down on you, making you look small.

On the other hand, a picture taken from below would make you look taller?

Both are horrible and make me want to die.

both are a cope. lighting is better.

I look uglier on pictures so i guess they are more acurate

Camera lenses warp the image more the smaller the lens is. That's why your face will look very different in a phone picture than in the bathroom mirror.

Mirror is the most accurate by far. The only thing is that you're so used to how everything lines up that you perceive yourself more symmetrical, and therefore more attractive. But still the mirror won't change your proportions or ratios. Photos will be distorted to some degree everytime especially one with a shitty smartphone camera.

Over time, your brain becomes accustomed to your mirrored image. So, when you see a picture of yourself, your brain immediately dislikes what it isn’t used to seeing as itself. Also, when looking at ourselves in the mirror, the natural illusion of seeing ourselves as better looking than we are is stronger.

Who cares when your ugly

I look worst with the mirrors at clothing shops in the dressing rooms that have three different angled mirrors reflecting off each other that show a new angle you're not used to seeing.

XXX_PH_2.jpg

There's no mirror for my face!

Little pictures have big ears...

I look worst with the mirrors at clothing shops in the dressing rooms that have three different angled mirrors reflecting off each other that show a new angle you're not used to seeing.

XXX_PH_2.jpg
I just got PTSD from this post

A mirror is more trustworthy than most smartphone cameras like KingofRome said. To confirm this, just see another person on the mirror and then on a pic taking by a smartphones, especially if frontal camera.

If you don't ugly in a pic taken by a smartphone's frontal camera, you're pretty much Chad confirmed. Even normies do.

Incel trait: deleting your photos after taking them every time
Over time, your brain becomes accustomed to your mirrored image. So, when you see a picture of yourself, your brain immediately dislikes what it isn’t used to seeing as itself. Also, when looking at ourselves in the mirror, the natural illusion of seeing ourselves as better looking than we are is stronger.
:cryfeels: Even my brain hates my looks, just great.

:cryfeels: Even my brain hates my looks, just great.
This happens since most of us have asymmetric faces, and pictures of us are literally the flipped opposite of what we are used to seeing everyday in the mirror. So it freaks the brain out. But just to think, that if we had symmetric faces (ie were attractive) this wouldn't even be an issue. Yet another reason attractive people like taking pictures of themselves.

This happens since most of us have asymmetric faces, and pictures of us are literally the flipped opposite of what we are used to seeing everyday in the mirror. So it freaks the brain out. But just to think, that if we had symmetric faces (ie were attractive) this wouldn't even be an issue. Yet another reason attractive people like taking pictures of themselves.
Absolutely brutal. My right side is messed up in the picture, I have a bend nose and asymmetrical eye area. But its less noticeable in the mirror I always thought it was cause the camera was off angle or the pixels were just bad. :cryfeels:

This ^

Last night I tried to take some to see if I look at least human and I looked like shit in all of them

Once you take the mewpill, you won't be able to stand looking at your face in anyway.