Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL Phrenology was right: computer algorithms can detect someone's political orientation based on their facial features

Lv99_BixNood

Lv99_BixNood

fascel
★★★★★
Link: https://www.psypost.org/2021/03/fac...-political-orientation-with-72-accuracy-59888

Kosinski’s study applied a facial recognition algorithm to 1,085,795 faces obtain from online social media profiles. Of this dataset, 977,777 came from dating website users in the U.S., UK, and Canada who had self-reported their political orientation. The other 108,018 faces were from Facebook users in the U.S. who also self-reported their political orientation and additionally completed a 100-item personality test.

The algorithm compared each participant’s facial features to the average facial features of liberals and conservatives. The technology used these similarity measurements to determine the likelihood that a participant was either a conservative or a liberal.

The results showed that the algorithm was able to predict political orientation alarmingly well and with similar accuracy across countries and social media platforms. Among U.S. Facebook users, this accuracy hit 73%. Among U.S. dating website users, accuracy was 72%. Among dating website users in the UK and Canada, accuracy reached 70% and 71%, respectively.

Moreover, the facial recognition technology predicted political orientation better than the personality tests completed by the Facebook users. “Combined, five personality factors predicted political orientation with 66% accuracy—significantly less than what was achieved by the face-based classifier in the same sample (73%),” Kosinski reports. “In other words, a single facial image reveals more about a person’s political orientation than their responses to a fairly long personality questionnaire, including many items ostensibly related to political orientation (e.g., “I treat all people equally” or “I believe that too much tax money goes to support artists”).”

Personality copers btfo :dab:

Finally, the researcher explored whether certain facial features were tied to political orientation, including facial expression, eyewear, facial hair, and head pose. Kosinski found that head orientation showed 58% predictive power, with Liberals being more likely to face the camera directly. Emotional expression had 57% predictive power, with Liberals being more likely to show surprise and less likely to show disgust.

The average conservative:

Benito-Mussolini.jpg

vs the average liberal :soy: :soy:

soy_face.jpg

Kosinski says that his findings likely underestimate the intelligence of such technology, saying that a higher accuracy would likely be revealed with higher resolution images, multiple images per person, or an algorithm specifically built for identifying political orientation. “Even modestly accurate predictions can have tremendous impact when applied to large populations in high stakes contexts, such as elections,” the author cautions. “For example, even a crude estimate of an audience’s psychological traits can drastically boost the efficiency of mass persuasion. We hope that scholars, policymakers, engineers, and citizens will take notice.”

Phrenology was right after all:

masculine-feminine.jpg

Facial features = personality :blackpill:

I've been saying this forever. Not just phrenology, but all of physiognomy is accurate. Those OKCupid graphs that show people rating more attractive people as having better personalities are not examples of people just assuming better of attractive people. Attractive people actually do just tend to have better personalities, which is why so many people here are unbearable.

I've been saying this forever. Not just phrenology, but all of physiognomy is accurate. Those OKCupid graphs that show people rating more attractive people as having better personalities are not examples of people just assuming better of attractive people. Attractive people actually do just tend to have better personalities, which is why so many people here are unbearable.
True, I was actually thinking of physiognomy in general when I wrote this post.

From my experience with machine learning and NLP, they're probably usually using some kind of neural network that takes your comments (or even your pics) as an input and tries to optimize in the hope that you'll fall into some political category. For example, if you type "fuck the niggers" or " white genocide" the NN (based on the data it was trained and validated on) will label you as alt-right or even conspiracy theorist in some cases, it all really depends on the data they have. But yeah, that's not a new thing.

The facial recognition stuff is interesting though. Never heard of that one before. I mean, I know that you can do image classification with a convolutional neural network, I just didn't know the normalfags are now using this to detect political opinions.

Last edited:
These are politically correct correlations.

I bet there are plenty others that are not.

Cause and effect. You have an ugly face and get treated like dirt and then they want you to take it and look at bright sides of life. Chad meanwhile gets so much positive attention that it is virtually impossible for him to develop a negative outlook in life, he is only so chilled because the world allows him to be so, when he doesn't work he is an untamed, free spirit, when he does work he is talented, when you don't work you are a bum and loser, when you work you overcompensate for something. Chad is cool because the world allows him to be cool by removing responsibilities, when you have already won you are chill because there is nothing at stake really, he has no worries in life.

Chad is cool because the world allows him to be cool by removing responsibilities, when you have already won you are chill because there is nothing at stake really, he has no worries in life.
Yeah, this is an important aspect. Most people with a "bad personality" just get irritated easily because of anxiety over other men outcompeting them (just look at manlets and their "napoleon syndrome"). Chad doesn't have to fear this, even if he lost his home and his job today he would still mog 99% of men just by existing.

Yeah, this is an important aspect. Most people with a "bad personality" just get irritated easily because of anxiety over other men outcompeting them (just look at manlets and their "napoleon syndrome"). Chad doesn't have to fear this, even if he lost his home and his job today he would still mog 99% of men just by existing.
Napoleon complex is due to ppl disrespecting you for something out of your control many many times a day yet the latest idiot to insult him thinks he's the first one to crackwise on his short stature that year; as if he's the first to do so.

Everything is approached from one side of the coin thinking.

They only have better personalities because they aren’t treated like scum

so chads are based an right wing, and so are inkwells, and all the simps and cucks and incels in denial are left wing? could very well be

Cause and effect. You have an ugly face and get treated like dirt and then they want you to take it and look at bright sides of life. Chad meanwhile gets so much positive attention that it is virtually impossible for him to develop a negative outlook in life, he is only so chilled because the world allows him to be so, when he doesn't work he is an untamed, free spirit, when he does work he is talented, when you don't work you are a bum and loser, when you work you overcompensate for something. Chad is cool because the world allows him to be cool by removing responsibilities, when you have already won you are chill because there is nothing at stake really, he has no worries in life.

Last edited: