Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Philipp Mainländer: the philosophy for all truly blackpilled incels

• Thread starter Deleted member 38575
  • Start date
Deleted member 38575

Deleted member 38575

I think I'm done
-
To understand Mainländer's philosophy we must first understand Schopenhauer as he was a great influence on Mainländer.
The world is full of suffering and pain, this suffering and pain makes us question why we must endure this. Schopenhauer believes that all of this is because of the "Will". This "Will" encompasses everything from humans, to animals and to the world. This "Will" is unchanging and will forever exist, never to be satiated. This is why life is predominantly suffering because this "Will" that drives us can never be appeased, nothing will truly make us eternally happy. Life mostly alternates between pain and struggle as we try to satiate our desires or boredom when we have no desires. And this "Will" has no meaning, because in the end you do not reach anything.

Schopenhauer believed that there were only two solutions, one being temporary and the other being permanent (to an individual). The first solution is to temporarily silence the "Will" by indulging in arts, philosophy, etc. While the second, permanent, solution is to follow a life of asceticism to live in a calm state of resignation.
This is why the world is not built by some God which has carefully designed a plan for all of humanity but is run by an unchanging and unstoppable "Will". Because of this there is no meaning in history because in all periods of history the "Will", just as it occurs today, led humans to the same sufferings with no apparent meaning.

Now let us move to Mainländer and his ideas.

The death of God
Mainländer believed that everything was once singular and unified, he calls this God. But because non-existence is preferable to existence, God knew that he had to cease existing but could not "commit suicide". So God broke himself into multiple pieces in the hopes that one day those pieces would rot out and reach their goal: nothingness.

The individual "Will"
Mainländer believed in Schopenhauer's "Will" but deviated from it with his own ideas. To Schopenhauer the "Will" is singular and that by silencing the individual "Will" one only silences part of the unified "Will". Mainländer disagreed with this by stating that because the singular being (God) broke himself into multiple pieces, he broke his singular and unified "Will" into multiple individual "Wills". Because the "Will" is individual and not unified, by silencing one's "Will" you silence it forever. This is why Mainländer believed that death is a better solution to temporarily silencing the "Will" or asceticism by recognizing death as salvation.

Because there are no true desirable pleasures in life that will truly make us happy he praised the nothingness of death, seeing death as the only true desirable pleasure.
Mainländer believed in egoism, that what is best for someone is what truly makes them happy. But because life is nothing but pain and suffering death is the only thing that will make them truly happy. Thus a will-to-death is the path to true happiness and with this knowledge one can transform his illusory will-to-live into a will-to-death.
This is the enlightened self-interest, one that will align one with the will-to-die as opposed to the ignorant self-interest which wants to capitalize on the illusory will-to-live.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you want to read more of Mainländer there is sadly a roadblock. All of his works, including his magnum opus, have not been translated into English (although I read somewhere that it's translation is in the work). There is hope for Spanishcels though since his magnum opus "Die Philosophie der Erlösung" has been translated into Spanish.

Last edited:
@Mainländer, how much of what this Greycel saying is true? :society:

Last edited:
Never knew @Mainländer was a real person

Yeah, I already see death as the one truly desirable outcome for me.

I read like half of that

so in Mainländers view, God wanted to rope (because existance is overall too much to bear) but couldnt, and thus uses each and every particle of the universe, living or dead, as a means to reach his ultimate goal: nothingness.

(because existance is overall too much to bear)
Yes, nonexistence is preferable to existence

and thus uses each and every particle of the universe, living or dead, as a means to reach his ultimate goal: nothingness.
Yes, God (everything) cannot just disappear so he hopes to disappear slowly by breaking into ever smaller pieces
The singular and unified Will (described by Schopenhauer) has thus become plural and individual with the underlying goal of moving towards nothingess present in the individual Wills
You can compare God's self-destruction to the Big Bang even though Mainlander's idea predates the scientific speculation of the Big Bang in the 1930s

Last edited:
@Mainländer, how much of what this Greycel saying is true? :society:
Everything seems right to me. He probably knows it better than me, although I was very excited about his writtings by the time I created my account here, I never finished his book because too much suifuel/I was reading it in German to practice and 19th century philosophy language proved itself to be too difficult for my level.

Death isn't forever though. From the perspective of your self, death doesn't even last a moment. It ends instantaneously. Eons may pass, the universe may die and be reborn. But eventually, the same universe you currently occupy will be renewed and you along with it. And you will experience your miserable life over again once more. Right up to this point where you're reading my post. The Eternal Return is inescapable. So I don't go through life wishing for death. Instead I wish for some enjoyable copes while I still have time in this life. Because those enjoyable copes are also for eternity.

Mainländers real surname was batz.
He just changed it to mainländer because thats what his town was called:smonk:

Ty for the high iq post :bigbrain:.

And you will experience your miserable life over again once more. Right up to this point where you're reading my post. The Eternal Return is inescapable.
So you believe in reincarnation?
Or something else?

Mainländers real surname was batz.
He just changed it to mainländer because thats what his town was called:smonk:
I know, I've thoroughly read information about his life.

I hope to enter the ether once more.
Mogs me to the ether and back.

In truth only the reproductive animals are immortal for they alone pass their genetics to the next generation and live vicariously through their offspring.

Eternal Recurrence seems to me more of an existentialistic question on if one would affirm their 'destiny' rather than the proposal that all things genuinely occur in repetition, with one cause preceding and effect and that effect being of the same cause; or, as Nietzsche intended, all events occuring in a perfect sequence of repetition for eternity.
That's the weaker form, yes. But I subscribe to the stronger form.