Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Personality is being depersonalized

C

CorpseWatcher

Rot gut whiskey's gonna ease my min
-

Personality is supposed to be the characteristic sets of behaviors, cognition and emotional patterns that evolve from biological and environmental factors. This is not an absolute definition of it but most theories focus on motivation and psychological interactions with one’s environment. Personality can be the traits that predict a person’s behavior and also can be defined through learning and habits.
But recently, personality has been misunderstood and a lot of people have been building their whole personality on an action that they like to do ( Ex: People who smoke weed have nothing to talk about but weed and their whole behavior revolves around it. To the point that it reaches being downright delusional about one’s environment and life.) Some other people define their personality by their hobbies (Females who play video games usually label themselves as “E-Girls” and change their whole demeanor by having colorful hairstyles and even change their voice and the way they behave just so to feel validated and accepted into this stereotypical community.) Now I can totally accept this type of personality if it was an act of entertainment through internet shows or on TV, But for it to carry into your real life is something I will never understand.
A person’s uniqueness is defined by his personality but how will we be able to differentiate between those who belong into those certain types of personality if they all follow the same behavior, look and interests? I believe people themselves are to blame for this because they encourage these types of people because it's easier to reach excellence by mediocrity rather than thriving and working hard to build something truly unique and different. Mediocrity always wins.

Depersonalization sucks when you go outdoors. It, really, sucks. I can't even imagine myself going to an adult school -- or college, for instance. I think my depersonalization disorder will stay for me forever, even though I left SSRIs and antipsychotics many months ago.

Depersonalization sucks when you go outdoors. It, really, sucks. I can't even imagine myself going to an adult school -- or college, for instance. I think my depersonalization disorder will stay for me forever, even though I left SSRIs and antipsychotics many months ago.
I got it from Too much self loathing while smoking hard THC Concentrates