Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion People who talk about personality and confidence act like we still are in the 80s

Limitcel

Limitcel

Matthew 25-29 / Eppur si muove
Most relationships nowadays start online, it's all about status, we live in liquid modernity and the capitalization of relationships.

The idea of two strangers meeting like in some romantic comedy film almost no longer exists.

Everything is basically already set, the relationships, the meetings, the groups of friends, it's unlikely that a strange guy will integrate into these bubbles.

Can you understand what I'm talking about? More and more, human relationships are like products that you buy in some way rather than an organic interaction.

But not everyone has money

Social media has raised standards higher for sure

Social media has raised standards higher for sure
Much more than that, it broke the barrier between the real world and "financial speculations"

I haven't read much Deleuze so I could be talking nonsense but if I'm not mistaken he has this idea of schizophrenic capitalism in which speculations about things that don't even exist ,papers and shares are worth more than real products

I want to say that the internet has broken the barrier between the real world and mental speculations about love and friendships to a point of schizophrenia, that is, schizophrenia invaded the world and became real

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back