Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory People talk to you more when you post threads

Loner437

Loner437

outcastcel
★★★
It is 3:30 a.m. here now. But before going to bed, I want to share what happened to me today.

I suffer from debilitating OCD. It was so bad that I couldn't take part in the forums. But recently I have been learning to manage the anxiety of my OCD. I started being active again in these forums a few months ago. But to my frustration, there weren't much people talking to me, or not as much as I expected compared to when I was new in 2019-2020. It seems users have become more hostile to greycels. I made a lot of posts but I felt people were ignoring me.

But I had a suspicion that users who post threads get more attention to their posts in other users' threads. My explanation is that being OP makes them more recognizable. And when other users recognize them, they are more likely to reply to them.

Yesterday, I was thinking this was going to be my last resort. I was going to make multiple threads and make many posts in other users' threads. If I still get little replies, I was considering quitting the forums again.

So what happened? Well I feel quite satisfied. There were a bit of people who replied to my posts yesterday to today. And how do I explain this? Because I made threads as OP!

Ugh I don't know what I really should say. I just want to share this. Quitting the forums is still under consideration; but for now I can delay the decision.

No need to overthink brother. Just post whatever comes to mind. :feelsokman:

no replypill can destroy you for life :feelsrope:

I'm glad my content was engaging. :feelsokman:

I needed replies to my posts. I have no friends in real life so I need a way to socialize which was why I got frustrated.
You'll get more replies as your post count increases

Yeah. So like I said:

I don't have much respect now because I am a greycel so people are ignoring my posts.

Possible. I do think I have paranoia.
Another issue is that this forum isn't as active as it was in the past, so you'll get fewer replies by default too

Another issue is that this forum isn't as active as it was in the past, so you'll get fewer replies by default too
I see. That would explain why I often read whole threads now before posting. Back then I was too lazy to read entire threads so I often posted without reading everything.

Nobody posts in my stupid gaming threads and I often kill the threads I post in.