Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious [Penislossus Emergency][LINUXlossus]How to make a bootable live usb stick on linux with on board software?

Gyros_Pretcel

Gyros_Pretcel

19th c. Church of Hamlossus high priest contender
★★★★★
I have some command, where I have to put the location of my .iso file, but afterwards there's dev/sdx. I think I have to put the USB there? Idk what to do exactly tbh.

$ sudo cp iso-file.iso /dev/sdx

Last edited:
sudo rm -rf /

Ok I did it, but Wtf I cant write on my main hdd when i use a life usb stick? @mylifeistrash wtf is this? How am I supposed to save my main system like this?

Last edited:
Ok I did it, but Wtf I cant write on my main hdd when i use a life usb stick? @mylifeistrash wtf is this? How am I supposed to save it?
You should be able to mount it, did you encrypt it with bitlocker or something?

Ok I did it, but Wtf I cant write on my main hdd when i use a life usb stick? @mylifeistrash wtf is this? How am I supposed to save it?

i bet you mounted wrong partition

find the right one, look for the biggest size, should be something like /dev/sdb2

fdisk -l

then mount -v /dev/sdb2 /mountdir

i bet you mounted wrong partition

find the right one, look for the biggest size, should be something like /dev/sdb2

fdisk -l

then mount -v /dev/sdb2 /mountdir
No encryption, not unmounted. When I rightclick the hdd it shows the option to unmount. Does it play a role that my live stick is lubuntu and not mate like on the hdd? I did it via sudo now. Weird. Thanks for your help guys.

I don’t know man, sounds complicated.

No encryption, not unmounted. When I rightclick the hdd it shows the option to unmount. Does it play a role that my live stick is lubuntu and not mate like on the hdd? I did it via sudo now. Weird. Thanks for your help guys.

no, what flavor of linux you use doesn't matter assuming it's a normal ext4 partitioned drive

find correct device via fdisk

mount via command line, if already mounted, then unmount

see if you can explore the drive

no, what flavor of linux you use doesn't matter assuming it's a normal ext4 partitioned drive

find correct device via fdisk

mount via command line, if already mounted, then unmount

see if you can explore the drive
Will keep in mind for next time, tx.

You need to use dd you retard. dd if=image.iso of=/dev/sdx.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back