Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR Parents just lost all my college trust fund in the stock market

Gunnersup

Gunnersup

Banned
-
They said the stock market crash just killed off my entire college fund jfl. Now I will have to take out loans. Oh well I guess.

over for rich parents

Now it is definitely over for you

Your parents are autistic and retarded

No way they invested all your money in stocks that totally crashed.

I too am suffering from stock losses currently

Sorry bro but it is lifefuel for poorcels like me to see rich american kids get fucked.

What the fuck did they have their money in? Penny stocks? Unless they invested right as the DOW was cresting 30k a while ago they really should be fine in the long run. This has been fairly mild as far as corrections go.

IMO your parents are taking a vacation to Aruba on your college dime :feelsYall:

What the fuck did they have their money in? Penny stocks? Unless they invested right as the DOW was cresting 30k a while ago they really should be fine in the long run. This has been fairly mild as far as corrections go.

IMO your parents are taking a vacation to Aruba on your college dime :feelsYall:
Yes they invested it into penny stocks. I am not even kidding. And to make things worse, $2000 of the $40,000 was earned by me. They literally lost all of my money. I worked for two summers just to put 2k into the fund. How the hell do I cope with this. I've never been more mad.

Did they panic sell yesterday? If they held on to it for literally a day longer, they would’ve recovered their losses. Stocks shot up today

Yes they invested it into penny stocks. I am not even kidding. And to make things worse, $2000 of the $40,000 was earned by me. They literally lost all of my money. I worked for two summers just to put 2k into the fund. How the hell do I cope with this. I've never been more mad.
Oh my god.

Did they panic sell yesterday? If they held on to it for literally a day longer, they would’ve recovered their losses. Stocks shot up today
I'm not sure on the detailes, but I know nearly 85% of the fund is completly gone. I think they are refusing to show me how bad the situation is becuase they know I will be furious.

lol they lied to OP just to use the money for themselves, and OP actually believed them. Its so over

Are you sure they aren't lying to you?

My investments have gone down 9% in the last 2 weeks, but I'm still up 0.7% since July 2019.

lol they lied to OP just to use the money for themselves, and OP actually believed them. Its so over
No, I'm positive it was due to their shit stock trades. From my understanding, it was lost due to them dumping the fund into a shit penny stock. I really wish I could potray my anger better through this forum. I am unbelievably mad. :lul:

Brutal. Huge loans and greyceldom , Just end it already
First thing that came to my mind

I'm not sure on the detailes, but I know nearly 85% of the fund is completly gone. I think they are refusing to show me how bad the situation is becuase they know I will be furious.
Ok I’m going to provide whatever help I can to you op. I’m not qualified to give professional advice, but I would advise that you first ask your parents what the fuck they were thinking. Next demand to see the stock account (there’s almost certainly a record of trades you’ll be able to see. Especially if they use E-trade or the like which I’m assuming they do.) you’ll be able to see the price bought and sold at.

you’d have to be violently retarded to lose 85% even with panic selling penny stocks.

I pray this is bait op. I’ve never encountered an entity bold enough to put THEIR SONS TRUST FUND IN THE MOST VOLATILE PART OF THE UNPREDICTABLE THING ON EARTH

Are you sure they aren't lying to you?

My investments have gone down 9% in the last 2 weeks, but I'm still up 0.7% since July 2019.
Fuck, the more I think about it, the more I realize that may be true. They did say I am out of the house at 18. They might have stole all my money, realizing I won't be able to go to a good college. Brocels, I may literally be homeless in a year. Wtf.
Ok I’m going to provide whatever help I can to you op. I’m not qualified to give professional advice, but I would advise that you first ask your parents what the fuck they were thinking. Next demand to see the stock account (there’s almost certainly a record of trades you’ll be able to see. Especially if they use E-trade or the like which I’m assuming they do.) you’ll be able to see the price bought and sold at.

you’d have to be violently retarded to lose 85% even with panic selling penny stocks.

I pray this is bait op. I’ve never encountered an entity bold enough to put THEIR SONS TRUST FUND IN THE MOST VOLATILE PART OF THE UNPREDICTABLE THING ON EARTH
Will do that first thing in the morning. Though we are not on good terms right now, I will still demand to see a record of the trades. If they don't show me, I may call a lawyer? I'm not sure. I will update this post as I get more information.

Last edited:
College fund JFL

They should have started a hooker fund for you instead

Just get a full scholarship theory

Just don't go to college theory? If you live in America I would tradeschoolmaxx

Lmao at americans.

Student loan crew.
Everyone gets Tuition crew.

>not putting a sizeable amount of your investments into gold/silver rn
Brocel, I...

Its officially over now. Absolutely zero fucking hopes left for you

Your parents are autistic and retarded

No way they invested all your money in stocks that totally crashed.

Exactly. OP what the fuck are your parents doing.

I'm sure they haven't lost all of it. Unless they bought airline stocks or something you probably lost 30% at most.

Exactly. OP what the fuck are your parents doing.

I'm sure they haven't lost all of it. Unless they bought airline stocks or something you probably lost 30% at most.
I confirmed with them this morning that they did lose the majority of the money (upwards of 85%). They seem to have put all my fucking money into a shitty penny stock a while ago, and it completely crashed. Jfl. I'm trying to get them to tell me what stock they put it in. Anyways, aren't college funds supposed to be in mutual funds, not a single stock? jfl. What the hell were they thinking??

Last edited:
I confirmed with them this morning that they did lose the majority of the money (upwards of 85%). They seem to have put all my fucking money into a shitty penny stock a while ago, and it completely crashed. Jfl. I'm trying to get them to tell me what stock they put it in. Anyways, aren't college funds supposed to be in mutual funds, not a single stock? jfl. What the hell were they thinking??

They put all of their money in a single penny stock?

Your parents are retarded. I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

It's over op. I have lost 75k in a day before and made it back but with lots of stress and tension. Imo cut contacts with them as soon you can in the future if you don't get the remaining money.

They should've stuck with gold coins.

Unlucky OP. Looks like its trade school for you

Damn thats brutal