Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Over association of things and falling into deeper depression

iHateLife

iHateLife

Mahou Shoujo
-
I have a problem of associating things that cause me suffering with things of joy. Let's say I read/watch something that infuriates me to the point of being genocidal which is quite easy to do to be honest. I want to escape my emotional state of suffering through uplifting my mood through any medium such as music/video or anything at all. However, the next time I use that uplifting media, I will associate it with that incident of past sufferings thus causing me to lose another source of joy that is so hard to come by in this wretched world. I find myself to be particularly good at holding grudges so I can't forget these associations even if I wanted to. Another thing is that I don't know how to emotionally regulate myself, I can't let things go and ruminate on past sufferings most of the time.

Anyone experience this? How to cope? I was thinking of reading a PTSD book and use the skills found within PTSD coping but it's all so tiresome.

I can't let things go and ruminate on past sufferings most of the time.
I have the same thing. If something really bad happens to me one day, and then later in the day I listen to a song or play a game whilst reflecting on it. Every time I play the song again or for example go to that same point in the map I was at in the game where I was thinking about the thing before, I get reminded about the bad experience and then I start feeling shit about it again.

Yeah you need to stop associating things with other things. I had that issue too. You need to separate your emotions from certain experiences and sorts quarantine your current state of mind

You mean videos like this one OP?

damn man i can relate a bit. shits rough nigga

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back