Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

opinions on the steam deck?

• Thread starter runtofthelitter
  • Start date
runtofthelitter

runtofthelitter

Self-banned
-
to me it seems like a good, slightly cheaper alternative to a gaming PC setup

although i am a bit biased towards handheld consoles

what do you think?

I would wait until they release an updated model or a next gen version if I was you.

I would wait until they release an updated model or a next gen version if I was you.
thats what i’m doing

its a bit too bulky for a handheld in my opinion i’ll give it a few years

I don't have money for some another shitty switch rip off

I have one, it's ok. I should start pirating tho

Too expensive.

what do you think?
i had one, i sold it its good and a lot more comfortable than switch imo my only issue is that i am schizo about offline shit and no option for physical. if that doesnt bother you than its a pretty good choice. dualbooting it is probably the best optiob

i had one, i sold it its good and a lot more comfortable than switch imo my only issue is that i am schizo about offline shit and no option for physical. if that doesnt bother you than its a pretty good choice. dualbooting it is probably the best optiob
is it online only? like you have to be connected through steam to play your games?

is it online only? like you have to be connected through steam to play your games?
no you can play offline but you need a connection prior. you cant just boot it offline and start playing as far as im aware.

no you can play offline but you need a connection prior. you cant just boot it offline and start playing as far as im aware.
i see

seems pretty good

i see

seems pretty good
yeah i enjoyed it a lot and i even used it as my pc while i was broke. works good but lots of multiplayer games or shit with anticheat wont work.

over for cels who don't have PC but a Steam Deck
even more over for cels who have neither and are forced to cope playing on a handheld

IMG 0331

trucel tier setup

It's too weak for demanding games and can't ever do more than 40fps, obviously i want at bare minimum 60fps and most optimal 144fps, deck is useless for emulation that requires strong GPU/CPU combo, i want as much fps i can get for cheapest i can get

Last edited:
interesting i thought it would clear emulation without issue
It can emulate older games like snes/ps1 and most of ps2 but struggles with ps3 and xbox360 emulation a lot and switch emulation is out of question unless you love massive stutters and fps drops (even 30fps lock is not enough)

View: https://youtu.be/wdzweWfz0K0?t=784

View: https://youtu.be/zS6aMLelmVo?t=53

At least it does acceptable but still subpar job when compared to my PC in Xenia Canary
View: https://youtu.be/iK2f0EiYmck?t=199

Last edited:
Honestly i see no point in buying it unless you are homeless or outside constantly. Used pc parts are cheap af and you can build something that is much stronger than that mediocre hardware and actually be of similar power of current gen consoles (minus the gaytracing but we don't care about that meme). Used rx 5700 xt = $120, used i7 12700k + mobo combo + ram = $350, ssd and hdd + monitor all should be below $600.

Honestly i see no point in buying it unless you are homeless or outside constantly. Used pc parts are cheap af and you can build something that is much stronger than that mediocre hardware and actually be of similar power of current gen consoles (minus the gaytracing but we don't care about that meme). Used rx 5700 xt = $120, used i7 12700k + mobo combo + ram = $350, ssd and hdd + monitor all should be below $600.
gaytracing :feelshaha:
also i didnt know used pc parts ran that cheap thanks for telling me

invest in a gaming laptop instead.

SUCKS with only 720p

And too big and retarded looking.

i don't leave my desk so i see no point in laptop
since the younger generation is poor AF (job market btfo) cheap gaming laptops that can be used for work and light entertainment ain't a bad idea.

since the younger generation is poor AF (job market btfo) cheap gaming laptops that can be used for work and light entertainment ain't a bad idea.
Gaming laptops are never cheap
Brave AyHZf10vUN

And trust me anything below RTX 3050 is not worth even $50, and for me RTX 3060/4060 is the minimum acceptable performance

Gaming laptops are never cheapView attachment 1219300
And trust me anything below RTX 3050 is not worth even $50, and for me RTX 3060/4060 is the minimum acceptable performance
u can get a decent one for 800 on a sale. high end modern gaming laptops aren't worth the price.

u can get a decent one for 800 on a sale. high end modern gaming laptops aren't worth the price.
That's way more expensive than my used pc that is much stronger than shitty "gaming" laptop.

That's way more expensive than my used pc that is much stronger than shitty "gaming" laptop.
lots of people need the mobility of a laptop these days.

lots of people need the mobility of a laptop these days.
wagecucks don't need entertainment they should eat the bugs, take shower, go to sleep and then go back to work for Schlomo Kikenstein

wagecucks don't need entertainment they should eat the bugs, take shower, go to sleep and then go back to work for Schlomo Kikenstein
why u gotta hurt my feelings broski

I m tried to save up one with my neetbux to buy one latest one is like of $600 king of pricey. I think the steam deck is worth it though

I like it, but it has constant problems with my Pro Controller.

I use my PSP or 3DS (both modded) for handheld gaming. I thought about getting a Steam Deck but I just couldn't be bothered considering I already own the consoles that I would wanna play games on + have a powerful enough PC to emulate whatever.

Too expensive for a psp plus is hard to play without mouse

what do you think?
Wrong steam decker is cheaper then laptop gaming

what do you think?
I did want one but i changed my mind. Far to pricey but I would love portable Gmod