Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious On the Conflicting Needs of a Divided User Base: The Impossible Mission of Moderation

Incels

Incels

-
★★★★★
In marketing, one of the central problems facing the marketer are the often conflicting and/or contradictory wants and desires of consumers. It is well known in the literature that customers will regularly state that they desire one thing while actively pursuing the exact opposite. One of the classic examples of this is the contradiction in consumers preferences over advertising. Customers state that they want focused, relevant, and personalized ads. In other words, they don't want to shown things that they are not interested in, but at the same time, consumers detest sharing the type of information that would allow these highly targeted ads to be possible. So the marketer is caught in an impossible situation - consumers want relevant ads but they don't want to give the means to provide them. This is a great frustration over which marketers have spilt much ink.

As mods here, I believe we are caught in very a similar situation. I have heard from many of you that you are tired of low effort posts, spamming, and what is perceived to be the degradation of forum culture. And as a fellow user I can empathize. Previous bastions of interesting and unorthodox thought such as /r9k/ and /pol/ were ruined due to the unending wave of digital feces (BBC and tranny spam among them) that overran their respective boards. Personally, I don't think anyone wants to see that process unfold here. So originally, my thought process was that there must be some fundamental misunderstanding between how moderation perceives or intends for the website to be used and how the userbase uses it. And that if we could simply better understand this service gap we could help facilitate a better user experience for everyone. So to test this theory out, a couple of weeks ago I published a thread entitled "What is the Purpose of Inceldom Discussion vs Lounge vs Sewers?' asking the userbase how they use the various boards on the website and how they think they should be used. Surprising to me again, many of you essentially restated the descriptions provided on the front page. Incel discussion is for serious posts about inceldom, lounge is for lifestyle, and sewers is where all the misc stuff goes.

But after seeing hundreds of threads posted, this is not how the website is used at all. ID is used to post everything, Lounge is sewers lite, and sewers is a like a spam bot that's gone haywire but has nothing to advertise. It's clear that there is a gap between what people's idealization of the forum is and how they actually use it. So in order to for us to create the idealized forum culture that you all desire, but don't act out, is to stringently enforce rules that conform to that idealized culture. The problem is no one likes rules. And I mean almost no one. As we've cracked down on low effort posts, resurrected the rules on race baiting, and gone after spam, many of the people who were once like voices in the wilderness crying for reform become shrill after the rules were enforced on them. Because surely, cleaning up the forum did not mean removing THEIR posts! And even historically, rule enforcement has been very unpopular. Despite the rose tinted glasses of some, users bitterly complained about mods like Knajjd that would capriciously and arbitrarily ban and discipline users. You can use the search function to look this up yourself or even go offsite.

And all of this is not even mentioning the various factions that have opposing ideals for what the website should look like or function and want moderation to act like a club against their opposition.

So as someone who cares about this community and wants to see it thrive, I want to have an open conversation with you. As a mod, what is the right balance between maintaining the culture that you desire but also not being overly stringent and causing a Littleboy situation? How can we better align how users desire the site to be used and how they actually use it? I really want to hear from all of you on how these service gaps can be bridged in a way where we can all be happy.

And lastly I would like to add that these are my views. I'm speaking fully as an individual here.

Nullify all post counts made in the sewers, set the minimum age requirement for joining this forum to 18 and ban all mental"cels" PERIOD. I would rather have a divided community than be among fakecel LARPing adolescent faggots who treat this forum as a joke, seriously delete all the post counts from the sewers and you'll easily be able to spot such users.

Last edited:
Nullify all post counts made in the sewers, set the minimum age requirement for joining this forum to 18 and ban all mental"cels" PERIOD
Yeah bro cause nobody will fake his age :feelskek:

Ah yeah bro, let the mods analyze each individual user :feelsugh:
It's their fucking job to analyse them when going through applications you brainlet

seriously delete all the post counts from the sewers and you'll easily be able to spot such users.
I've got a mini project going on in the sewers. Don't you dare touch it.

How naive can you be
Are you retarded? It's literally a mods job to analyze the users of the forum and take out the trash ... omg. You can easily analyze users by just reading the forum.

ban everyone besides me. all NHK agents anyways

Nullify all post counts made in the sewers, set the minimum age requirement for joining this forum to 18
Too many kids aged 15-16 here, i get the appeal of the forum. But it's nonsense having to share experiences as a 26 yo man with a bunch of kids. If they're that interested they can lurk, but later you have them wanting to give you "advice" and if you don't follow their retarded edgy posts you're a fakecel.

In marketing, one of the central problems facing the marketer are the often conflicting and/or contradictory wants and desires of consumers. It is well known in the literature that customers will regularly state that they desire one thing while actively pursuing the exact opposite. One of the classic examples of this is the contradiction in consumers preferences over advertising. Customers state that they want focused, relevant, and personalized ads. In other words, they don't want to shown things that they are not interested in, but at the same time, consumers detest sharing the type of information that would allow these highly targeted ads to be possible. So the marketer is caught in an impossible situation - consumers want relevant ads but they don't want to give the means to provide them. This is a great frustration over which marketers have spilt much ink.

As mods here, I believe we are caught in very a similar situation. I have heard from many of you that you are tired of low effort posts, spamming, and what is perceived to be the degradation of forum culture. And as a fellow user I can empathize. Previous bastions of interesting and unorthodox thought such as /r9k/ and /pol/ were ruined due to the unending wave of digital feces (BBC and tranny spam among them) that overran their respective boards. Personally, I don't think anyone wants to see that process unfold here. So originally, my thought process was that there must be some fundamental misunderstanding between how moderation perceives or intends for the website to be used and how the userbase uses it. And that if we could simply better understand this service gap we could help facilitate a better user experience for everyone. So to test this theory out, a couple of weeks ago I published a thread entitled "What is the Purpose of Inceldom Discussion vs Lounge vs Sewers?' asking the userbase how they use the various boards on the website and how they think they should be used. Surprising to me again, many of you essentially restated the descriptions provided on the front page. Incel discussion is for serious posts about inceldom, lounge is for lifestyle, and sewers is where all the misc stuff goes.

But after seeing hundreds of threads posted, this is not how the website is used at all. ID is used to post everything, Lounge is sewers lite, and sewers is a like a spam bot that's gone haywire but has nothing to advertise. It's clear that there is a gap between what people's idealization of the forum is and how they actually use it. So in order to for us to create the idealized forum culture that you all desire, but don't act out, is to stringently enforce rules that conform to that idealized culture. The problem is no one likes rules. And I mean almost no one. As we've cracked down on low effort posts, resurrected the rules on race baiting, and gone after spam, many of the people who were once like voices in the wilderness crying for reform become shrill after the rules were enforced on them. Because surely, cleaning up the forum did not mean removing THEIR posts! And even historically, rule enforcement has been very unpopular. Despite the rose tinted glasses of some, users bitterly complained about mods like Knajjd that would capriciously and arbitrarily ban and discipline users. You can use the search function to look this up yourself or even go offsite.

And all of this is not even mentioning the various factions that have opposing ideals for what the website should look like or function and want moderation to act like a club against their opposition.

So as someone who cares about this community and wants to see it thrive, I want to have an open conversation with you. As a mod, what is the right balance between maintaining the culture that you desire but also not being overly stringent and causing a Littleboy situation? How can we better align how users desire the site to be used and how they actually use it? I really want to hear from all of you on how these service gaps can be bridged in a way where we can all be happy.

And lastly I would like to add that these are my views. I'm speaking fully as an individual here.
High IQ.

Contradictory preferences is difficult.

I'd say that low effort posts are fairly evident.

Bad grammar for example

Racist trolls often ruin the quality of discussions/threads. There are several users who deserve hard bans for targeted harassment. Don't get me wrong occasional racism is alright but there's got to be some limit.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:

I want to sexualize minors wtf

I promised @Fat Link I wouldn't get involved or voice my opinion on forum issues any longer, because of the response to my unrelenting criticism of some decisions in past I've believed to be questionable (and a recent one too that I won't get into).

Turn the forum into Inceltopia, let it burn to the ground, or anything in-between. I don't care anymore.

It's their fucking job to analyse them when going through applications you brainlet
A sped NEET incel will sound like a 13 year old, meanwhile Zoomers are getting to 6ft by the age of 15, I had a 13 year old in my game yesterday who voice mogged me. There’s no way to consistently analyze age on an anonymous forum

Too many kids aged 15-16 here, i get the appeal of the forum. But it's nonsense having to share experiences as a 26 yo man with a bunch of kids. If they're that interested they can lurk, but later you have them wanting to give you "advice" and if you don't follow their retarded edgy posts you're a fakecel.
So where do the future incels who sit alone at lunch and get bullied at school belong? Do you think you would still fit in when you were 15-16?

I promised @Fat Link I wouldn't get involved or voice my opinion on forum issues any longer, because of the response to my unrelenting criticism of some decisions in past I've believed to be questionable (and a recent one too that I won't get into).

Turn the forum into Inceltopia, let it burn to the ground, or anything in-between. I don't care anymore.
Your criticism is highly valued based meme old buddy.:feelsthink:

It’d just be nice or a welcome sight to see you somehow restructure it in a way to not seemingly always come off as so damned accusatory like we’re in the old board game known as “Clue” or the “Ace Attorney” games on modern consoles (and probably PC as well) not to mention the old “A Few Good Men” movie. :feelsPop:

That’s really all I was trying to convey to you. :feelsokman:

View: https://youtu.be/9FnO3igOkOk

So where do the future incels who sit alone at lunch and get bullied at school belong? Do you think you would still fit in when you were 15-16?
I'm not saying that you won't be an incel, i just know for a fact that if there's a place and time to ascend is Highschool/Early college. You should try everything first before knowing if it's truly over. At 15 i was watching anime, it's not good to be influenced by our opinions here when you didn't end growing yet.

I'm not saying that you won't be an incel, i just know for a fact that if there's a place and time to ascend is Highschool/Early college. You should try everything first before knowing if it's truly over. At 15 i was watching anime, it's not good to be influenced by our opinions here when you didn't end growing yet.
There is no other place on earth where I can be myself and be accepted

This

Your criticism is highly valued based meme old buddy.:feelsthink:

It’d just be nice or a welcome sight to see you somehow restructure it in a way to not seemingly always come off as so damned accusatory like we’re in the old board game known as “Clue” or the “Ace Attorney” games on modern consoles (and probably PC as well) not to mention the old “A Few Good Men” movie. :feelsPop:

That’s really all I was trying to convey to you. :feelsokman:

View: https://youtu.be/9FnO3igOkOk

Thanks, I appreciate the comment, brocel.

And, I understand. It's a work in progress on my end.

I think that more users here have problems with fakecels resp. bragging (tinder matches, getting approached from girls....)

Good article and a tough question, the mods have a tough job for sure.

But after seeing hundreds of threads posted, this is not how the website is used at all. ID is used to post everything, Lounge is sewers lite, and sewers is a like a spam bot that's gone haywire but has nothing to advertise.
-
I'm definitely with you there.- I don't come to ID to read about vaccines, religion, or Ukraine.- I'd say move any such threads to Lounge as soon as you see 'em. - All that stuff is just clutter, in the context of this site.

As a newbie on this site, I quickly forgot the rules about short, low effort comments, bc its such a normal part of the threads all around. But I fully get your point, and appreciate the need of improving moderation. On another note, I think upgrading the platform itself could help minimize the unwanted commentary a lot. All the “based”/emoji comments could easily decrease with a reaction button. Some incels write insightful, on-the-spot comments, and it would be easy just to give those a like, cryfeels or whatevs, without disturbing the discussion. Not sure if this is a possibility, just a thought.

-
I'm definitely with you there.- I don't come to ID to read about vaccines, religion, or Ukraine.- I'd say move any such threads to Lounge as soon as you see 'em. - All that stuff is just clutter, in the context of this site.
you remove postcounts completely and half this forums problems vanish overnight

There seems to be an inescapable decaying of the forum. Instead of letting it slowly rot, we should just go full anarchy before it gets nuked. This is of course, assuming the site can’t be saved

The age requirement should be 18+; those younger can possibly still ascend. Ban from LARPING, humblebraging[UWSL], and trolling should be deserving of permanent ban; they usually done in combination. I have seen an user who done this but just got short ban and these user usually repeats the behavior.[/UWSL]

Did not read.

bro ur over exaggerating hard, there's only a few 16 year olds and i don't think we even have any 15 year olds actively posting anymore

bro ur over exaggerating hard, there's only a few 16 year olds and i don't think we even have any 15 year olds actively posting anymore
You know their age by the way they post, also a lot of them are greys. Post for a while then either get bored, ascend or just deny blackpill like that dude NekoPan. What i meant is that there had been countless youngcels who postmaxxed

protecting the Blackpills and ID is the priority.

Better moderation is definitely a must. Remove off topic threads and can we please ban youngfags? They haven’t even lived in the real world yet

damn this thread did not age well:feelsugh: