Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

NVIDIA VS AMD

psyop

psyop

Larp
★★★★★
Which gpu shall I go with?

Nvidia has better features and much better quality control. I would only buy AMD for +25% less with similar raster performance.

Nvidia has better features and much better quality control. I would only buy AMD for +25% less with similar raster performance.
I’m stuck between 2 right now. Either rx 7800 xt 16gb for £450 ish or a rtx 4060 ti 16gb for £400

I'd wait a few months until the next gen of GPUs come out. Prices suck now. I don't know if they'll get better, but they can't get worse.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX and it works great. All the AMD ones I had in the past weren’t as good

It's crazy that my current GPU, 3060 Ti which is about the same performance as that 4060 Ti (granted with less VRAM) and I bought it for the same price 4 YEARS AGO.

I'd wait a few months until the next gen of GPUs come out. Prices suck now. I don't know if they'll get better, but they can't get worse.
I think I’ll do that then. Not really in a rush to build one anyways

I’m stuck between 2 right now. Either rx 7800 xt 16gb for £450 ish or a rtx 4060 ti 16gb for £400
RX 7800 xt

LOL @ even considering an 4060 ti :feelsclown::feelsclown::feelsclown::feelsclown:

It's crazy that my current GPU, 3060 Ti which is about the same performance as that 4060 Ti (granted with less VRAM) and I bought it for the same price 4 YEARS AGO.
moore's law is dead

Nvidia mogs hard

AMD is cheaper and provides good enough quality for its prices. I'm biased because I always like siding with the underdog, though

AMD is cheaper and provides good enough quality for its prices. I'm biased because I always like siding with the underdog, though
There's no underdogs in PC parts. AMD only spends less on GPUs because they focus on other things. They're all companies and they're all trying to fuck you.

Get 2nd hand RX 6800 XT and thank me later. It has -5% less framerate and -5% watt usage but is significantly cheaper. You can easily overclock it to not only match it's speed but also undervolt to use less power. It's the best gpu you can get atm. You will have better gpu than a shitty ps5 pro :feelskek: only gaytracing will be worse but we don't care about that.

6800 xt mogs all in price to power ratio just oc+undervolt it and reach same power as 7800 xt

Last edited:
There's no underdogs in PC parts. AMD only spends less on GPUs because they focus on other things. They're all companies and they're all trying to fuck you.
i'm not that naïve, i just prefer the less popular options

either will do

Get 2nd hand RX 6800 XT and thank me later. It has -5% less framerate and -5% watt usage but is significantly cheaper. You can easily overclock it to not only match it's speed but also undervolt to use less power. It's the best gpu you can get atm. You will have better gpu than a shitty ps5 pro :feelskek: only gaytracing will be worse but we don't care about that.

View attachment 1283621
6800 xt mogs all in price to power ratio just oc+undervolt it and reach same power as 7800 xt
I want an AMD just for a change.

i'm not that naïve, i just prefer the less popular options
Then get Intel they own just 1% of the gpu market. But then don't complain to us that the drivers are completely shit and performance is bad.

I have an AMD GPU, 7900 XTX

People point to driver issues as a reason to avoid AMD, but that is a thing of the past.

AMD offers more VRAM and Raster performance

NVIDIA offers better ray tracing performance and better frame-generation software (NVIDIA uses DLSS, AMD used FSR. same function but DLSS is more fine tuned)

basically if you plan to use ray tracing go with NVIDIA, if not, AMD. ray tracing is something a lot of people shit on but utilized properly it can actually look amazing. cyberpunk 2077 is a good example of a game that uses ray tracing properly.

with this being said NVIDIA is worse than the others. NVIDIA purposely underloads their GPUs with VRAM for planned obsolescence since if you lack VRAM you can have 4 4090 chips running the game and it will still perform like shit.

some modern games are pushing 12-14 GB VRAM at higher graphics settings and NVIDIA is releasing new GPUs with 8GB vram lmao

Then get Intel they own just 1% of the gpu market. But then don't complain to us that the drivers are completely shit and performance is bad.
I unironically thought about it. But it's in such an experimental and early stage I'd say it's only worth it for people with a huge interest in hardware and that get enjoyment out of troubleshooting problems and dealing with early stage hardware. It's not for me

And mogs in regards of value for money

with this being said NVIDIA is worse than the others. NVIDIA purposely underloads their GPUs with VRAM for planned obsolescence since if you lack VRAM you can have 4 4090 chips running the game and it will still perform like shit.

some modern games are pushing 12-14 GB VRAM at higher graphics settings and NVIDIA is releasing new GPUs with 8GB vram lmao
You can thank dumbasses that keep chasing RTX like they did with Physx in the past while only one game fully utilized it and it was mafia 2 and with RTX it's only Metro Exodus and Cyberpunk, well known brand and propaganda of a better superior hardware and software is too strong for them to resist. There are so many brainwashed fools even on this thread. They really think that AMD drivers going to make your pc explode or not let you play a single game without crashing every 20mins lmao. I'm on AMD atm with rx 5700 xt and play same games as i have played as on my gtx 1060 with zero issues i only had to rebuild shaders in emulators and some newer games but that's it. DLSS is not a pro it's a cons since devs forget how to optimize their games and with AMD you can just buy a better gpu for same money as a shitty nvidia gpu that wasted too much space to contain tensor cores. Raster always is superior and AMD sadly going all in on dogshit AI.

I've built enough PCs where AMD GPUs have annoying niggling problems. That's improved over time, it was bad in the Polaris/Vega days, even your 5700 XT was a shitshow near launch, but nVidia shit just works. The value with AMD is in waiting until kinks are worked out and they cut prices, anyway.

@supersoldier

You can thank dumbasses that keep chasing RTX like they did with Physx in the past while only one game fully utilized it and it was mafia 2 and with RTX it's only Metro Exodus and Cyberpunk, well known brand and propaganda of a better superior hardware and software is too strong for them to resist. There are so many brainwashed fools even on this thread.
its ironic because to run ray tracing at playable framerates, frame generation is needed. frame generation eats up even more VRAM. NVIDIA GPUs are underloaded with VRAM. insane combo.

tbh RT isnt bad, its pretty good. its just nowhere near optimized and there are still tons of graphical issues and bugs. i see it as an experimental technology rather than something that should be propped as a selling point.

and as much as i dont like NVIDIA, their software is for sure superior to AMD's, but not by much, and the software is frame generation which ideally you wouldnt want to use since it can cause graphical issues and input latency.
They really think that AMD drivers going to make your pc explode or not let you play a single game without crashing every 20mins lmao. I'm on AMD atm with rx 5700 xt and play same games as i have played as on my gtx 1060 with zero issues i only had to rebuild shaders in emulators and some newer games but that's it. DLSS is not a pro it's a cons since devs forget how to optimize their games and with AMD you can just buy a better gpu for same money as a shitty nvidia gpu that wasted too much space to contain tensor cores. Raster always is superior and AMD sadly going all in on dogshit AI.
AMD did burn their reputation with having god awful drivers way way back, but it is absolutely a thing of the past. it is annoying seeing people still carry on the myth of AMD having awful drivers but i can see why they believe it.

i agree raster>RT, RT only looks better than raster at the extremely high levels which not even 4090's can run at playable frames. like i said, experimental technology.

Amd if you value money and nvidia becuase brand and raytracing

Nvidia better.

nvidia bettER

Nvidia for CUDA drivers and anything other than video games. AMD if u need to save money and will never do anything but play video games (nvidia still has the edge for video games just at a premium). also NVDA for stocks if u buy the dips, AMD has worse business model

amd for low and mid budget nvidia for flagship