Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill NPC theory: Is free will even real?

Is free will real?

• Yes, we can make our choices freely

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Partially, but genetics influence much of it

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • No, our choices are mostly pre-determined by our genetics

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
Disillusioned

Disillusioned

Banned
-
The ability to understand yourself within the context if the world you live in is probably just a rare genetic trait that people like incels have. Everybody else is just a biological machine reacting to stimuli. And I would argue this "free will" effect transcends IQ and is true for most people in general.

Incels are legit the only people on the internet I have ever seen that appear to have any self-awareness at all. On every other forum I have ever been on it's been possible to predict what almost everybody else will think and do like clockwork, because the desires of the normies are as predictable as they are delusional. And I am not merely talking about sex/women but just all of life. Incels are, no fucking joke, the ONLY group that appears willing to ignore accepted social norms and take a brutally honest view of the world (well except for some of the IQ deniers) are incels.

Normies are proof that free will doesn't really even exist and is probably just a delusion that nature evolved to allow for more complex decision making. There are neurological tests showing that regions of the brain fire up moments before a decision is made before the person is aware that they are going to make them. This suggests that your brain has pre-programmed responses to everything and that all of your "decisions" have been made in advance in accordance with your genetics.

If environment was the true cause of personality differences then incels would be way more common, but instead we are rare. This is proof that personality and the ability to think freely (well, freely relative to normies anyway) is mostly just genes and that most people are merely drones/NPC's.

Fun fact: Friedrich Nietzsche was a incel.

You should rename to delusional you fucking snowflake.

Thats what genetic are. We are the program, our genes are the codes. A program is complety defined by its coding.

You should rename to delusional you fucking snowflake.

Are you saying most people who aren't like us have as much self-awareness as we do? Go to any non-incel/lookist forum on the internet. Just any at all, and try to discuss the same shit as what is talked about on this board. Either you will be banned in 10 seconds or you will be barraged with endless amount of blue pill bullshit.

Even with incels free will doesn't exist, it's an illusion. The universe has rules and everything that happens will adhere to those rules there is no other way, I like to think of it as an equation with a formula that is far too complex for any mind to even begin to understand. Every rock, every atom, every sub-atomic particle, every non-living thing will form, move and disappear according to those rules, there are no exceptions. Every living being is hard wired to make certain choices, you will think about what to do but in the end you'll always do something (doing nothing is still an act), your mind is shaped by genetics and environment both of which you can't really affect and your "decisions" are shaped by your mind.

Let's say you make a formula for a line y=3x+4, with the formula every y is predetermined and the x's go from negative to positive infinity, as they go from - to + infinity even the x's are predetermined, they can't not be a number and no matter what input as x it will always be a number with a predetermined y. You can't affect the line in the equation, it's begining and end already exist you just see a part of it.

We are incels becaues of our genetics and our personal experiences, environment won't affect everybody in the same way we all get to see it from a different perspective. This is predetermined for us, this is what we are, this is our place in the universe. This does not mean you should LDAR, this just means if you are LDAR that is your place, if you ascend that is your place, if you don't then that is your place.

Thats what genetic are. We are the program, our genes are the codes. A program is complety defined by its coding.
This basically, we all just programs.

We have limited choices. But our ultimate decisions are based on things completely out of our control. So in a practical sense I do think people are responsible for what they do. But at the cosmic level we aren't.

Are you saying most people who aren't like us have as much self-awareness as we do? Go to any non-incel/lookist forum on the internet. Just any at all, and try to discuss the same shit as what is talked about on this board. Either you will be banned in 10 seconds or you will be barraged with endless amount of blue pill bullshit.

That is because we are social rejects and thus have an outsiders perspective on society. Not because of some superior genes or whatever, that is just snowflake thinking - which by the way proves how little self-awareness you have.

loaded question. it is, but our path is predetermined based on the choices we make. I hate Spinoza. compatibilism a la St. Augustine and St. Aquinas is true philosophical centrism.
ipso facto, I would say Spinoza would be cast out as a relic if business bureaucracy and capital gains weren't a thing and people helped one another on mutually agreeable terms but I cannot put too much faith in humanity the further down the rabbit hole it goes.

To some extent but not totally

You are correct, incels have an excess of self awareness, but also do pessimists and antinatalists.
Schopenhauer viewed this ability for self awareness as an excess of intellect, other philosophers like Zapffe viewed it as an excess of consciousness. From 'The Last Messiah':
"Why, then, has mankind not long ago gone extinct during great epidemics of madness? Why do only a fairly minor number of individuals perish because they fail to endure the strain of living – because cognition gives them more than they can carry?

Cultural history, as well as observation of ourselves and others, allow the following answer: Most people learn to save themselves by artificially limiting the content of consciousness."

Now one might ask if this excess of mind gives makes us non-deterministic, but if a program has a bug it doesn't mean that the bug is somehow non-deterministic. We are just too self aware for our purpose. Nature fucked up in creating us.