Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL Now everyone says "based" on facebook.

Koruga

Koruga

Your existence is insignificant to us.
★★★★
The title is a bit of an exaggeration, but in some groups that I am in I see that various types and foids say "based", which leads me to wonder, ¿does the word "based" as such come from the manosphere or is it more popular? Anyway, one day I'll see someone on Facebook saying "based and blackpilled", lmao.

it's a relatively old slang, not really related to this community

Normies ruin everything.

I don't use Facebook so I wouldnt know

I've gone out of my way not to use "based" outside of incel circles for fear of being labeled a mass shooter.

I've seen people use the word "cope" outside of here just stand-a-lone in gaming communities and things of the sort.. Someone will say something and they'll just say "cope" in response at this point I'm just wondering if what I think about influences what I come across.

they are culturally appropriating us

I find it funny how normies are literally using incel terminology and speaking like incels, whilst they continue to bash the incel community. We should sue for cultural appropriation. You cant go anywhere without seeing the word simp now jfl

@BummerDrummer ur dad
I've seen people use the word "cope" outside of here just stand-a-lone in gaming communities and things of the sort.. Someone will say something and they'll just say "cope" in response at this point I'm just wondering if what I think about influences what I come across.
Wtf? I swear down this is literally the ONLY place that uses that or am I wrong?

"based" was generally a 4chan-ish general term, not necessarily from the manosphere

I see the word "normies" in a lot in places where I wouldn't expect. Only seen "based" on 4Chan so far.

The title is a bit of an exaggeration, but in some groups that I am in I see that various types and foids say "based", which leads me to wonder, ¿does the word "based" as such come from the manosphere or is it more popular? Anyway, one day I'll see someone on Facebook saying "based and blackpilled", lmao.
based was based on the based god the rapper. 4channers have been using it to refer something as "woah did you hear that nigga, he's super based mayne", now I guess it's been leaking everywhere, because retards don't know the first rule being that you don't talk about 4chan, fuck the election invasion and fuck every retard reddit that destroyed a beautiful website, where I enjoyed reading all the weird crap on /b

I dont have a facebook

redditors are the reason memes trickled down to normalfags, since redditurds do anything to get upboats they have no honor nor dignity

No I don't think the word "based" came from the manosphere. I think it came from 4chan.

I find it funny how normies are literally using incel terminology and speaking like incels, whilst they continue to bash the incel community. We should sue for cultural appropriation. You cant go anywhere without seeing the word simp now jfl
More common in gaming and twitch channels tbh
Pewdiepie and social media use of simp outside of the manosphere popularized the word.
Now simp means the same thing as "nice guy" to normies so it's past cultural appropriation.
based was based on the based god the rapper. 4channers have been using it to refer something as "woah did you hear that nigga, he's super based mayne", now I guess it's been leaking everywhere, because retards don't know the first rule being that you don't talk about 4chan, fuck the election invasion and fuck every retard reddit that destroyed a beautiful website, where I enjoyed reading all the weird crap on /b
redditors are the reason memes trickled down to normalfags, since redditurds do anything to get upboats they have no honor nor dignity
redditors are part of the reason that youtube comments are so generic and memey about everything.

Last edited:
So true, normies are using words they’ve never knew about because they read our content