Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Nothing seems to satisfy

L

Lebensmüder

Soon to be deleted account
★★★
Today I tried to do stuff the whole time, but nothing seemed to work. I read texts and my mind was just bleak, the words didn't stick with me, my thoughts were incohesive, after a while I grew bored, then I tried programming, it also didn't bring me any joy, then I tried reading books I always enjoyed, but they also didn't do anything for me, I unironically tried to read over five different books today, but I simply couldn't focus. Sometimes I just feel empty (as if there was absolutely nothing in me) and nothing I do seems to bring me joy or success. On some days I simply fail and cannot even perform simply tasks. Does anyone else feel the same?

I do sometimes. You try anything that you're used to like but it just feels like an eternal void.

I'm supposed to study for my exams and I have a hard time with that - not because I'm a bad student, just because these days are quite bad.

So I totally feel you, bro.

I just spent the entire day playing Sniper Elite V4, nothing much else I particularly wanted to do tbh.

I do sometimes. You try anything that you're used to like but it just feels like an eternal void.

I'm supposed to study for my exams and I have a hard time with that - not because I'm a bad student, just because these days are quite bad.

So I totally feel you, bro.
Thanks for the answer. This problem of just staring into a void can only be solved by me by making short summaries of the text I just read or by underlining the important stuff with a pencil - maybe this strategy can also help you. Only in that manner I can shortly focus on big texts.

For programming or anything else I can only do it when I am forced to do it and have a deadline. Generally I can only function nowadays in the proessional setting and when someone gives me regular tasks/exercises. On my own I can hardly organize something anymore. My memory also becomes progressively worse.

Thanks for the answer.
No problem. At first I didn't even notice that your thread had no reply and damn, that's brutal.

This problem of just staring into a void can only be solved by me by making short summaries of the text I just read or by underlining the important stuff with a pencil - maybe this strategy can also help you. Only in that manner I can shortly focus on big texts.
Thing is, it's not about annoying texts or anything. In fact, I really like what I study but it's physics/maths so I can't really underline/highlight anything. Everything is important. I just need to gain motivation with my own willpower.

For programming or anything else I can only do it when I am forced to do it and have a deadline. Generally I can only function nowadays in the proessional setting and when someone gives me regular tasks/exercises. On my own I can hardly organize something anymore. My memory also becomes progressively worse.
I get you. Honestly, I can't understand how we are supposed to be motivated to do anything on our own when we miss on literally everything.

Thing is, it's not about annoying texts or anything. In fact, I really like what I study but it's physics/maths so I can't really underline/highlight anything. Everything is important. I just need to gain motivation with my own willpower.
Wish you good luck! Do they give you exercise sheets at least? As I had math/physics (only on a very basal level) we had those exercise/task sheets that you could do at home and that were corrected/renewed every week, so we had a schedule.

I also study something that was my dream job, but somewhere along the way I lost the motivation and nowadays it's a fight to learn something (especially when there is nobody to force/coerce me). Sometimes I still get the old passion burning again, but the fire also quickly extinguishes. I mostly do my work in short bursts of extreme effort and do nothing but LDARing before/afterwards.
I get you. Honestly, I can't understand how we are supposed to be motivated to do anything on our own when we miss on literally everything.
So much this. I unironically still come through my exams (even with some decent grades), but the fun is gone and the closer I come to graduation the more I realize how much I hate everything.

Try a snickers bar

I just spent the entire day playing Sniper Elite V4, nothing much else I particularly wanted to do tbh.
Are you a NEET?

Wish you good luck! Do they give you exercise sheets at least? As I had math/physics (only on a very basal level) we had those exercise/task sheets that you could do at home and that were corrected/renewed every week, so we had a schedule.
Thanks!
Well yes, we have exercises to prepare but it's not scheduled - they will correct them every week though. Nonetheless, the finals are quite hard (I'm in 3rd year in uni) so studying is still crucial ofc. Especially since I would love to go to research, I must maintain a very high level (particularly in optics).

I also study something that was my dream job, but somewhere along the way I lost the motivation and nowadays it's a fight to learn something (especially when there is nobody to force/coerce me). Sometimes I still get the old passion burning again, but the fire also quickly extinguishes. I mostly do my work in short bursts of extreme effort and do nothing but LDARing before/afterwards.
Do you live alone? If so it will definitely make things way harder, I hope you will have the mental strenght to resist giving up or even a really bad depression.

As for the passion, again I understand. It seems we have some things in common, because I also have cycles during which I feel good about my passions, and the next week I feel like a corpse. Haven't find a way to make that better yet.

So much this. I unironically still come through my exams (even with some decent grades), but the fun is gone and the closer I come to graduation the more I realize how much I hate everything.
I hope you will get your degree bro. The longer you live, the lesser you want to...

Thanks!
Well yes, we have exercises to prepare but it's not scheduled - they will correct them every week though. Nonetheless, the finals are quite hard (I'm in 3rd year in uni) so studying is still crucial ofc. Especially since I would love to go to research, I must maintain a very high level (particularly in optics).
Hope you manage to fulfill your dreams.
Do you live alone? If so it will definitely make things way harder, I hope you will have the mental strenght to resist giving up or even a really bad depression.
No, still with my parents.
As for the passion, again I understand. It seems we have some things in common, because I also have cycles during which I feel good about my passions, and the next week I feel like a corpse. Haven't find a way to make that better yet.
Me too. I always change to a slightly different subject whenever I feel burnt out in a current one. But on some days I just cannot learn anything.
I hope you will get your degree bro. The longer you live, the lesser you want to...
Thanks. The last sentence is so incredibly true.
Try a snickers bar
I unironically always have to laugh/chuckle when I read your comments. You are one of the funniest posters out there, keep up the good work, man. :feelsokman:

I don't enjoy anything anymore tbh

im maxxing old rpgs at the moment as a way to cope

Think I'll lose my mind if I don't find something to pacify
Images 1