Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Normies are getting their buttholes blown out on the stock market

W

WizardofSoda

Overlord
★★★★★
I debated one normie a year and a half ago about Amazon (AMZN) and I said at $3,300 a share the problem is it is overvalued. He was making the argument about how people were wrong in the past to bet against Amazon, and how Amazon is such a great company. Anyway he put in like $33,000 for 10 shares, and now Amazon's stock price has fallen from $3,300 to $2,177. So its not the end of the world his shares are worth $21,770 now.

Another big normie stock is Netflix (NFLX), and for me Netflix was way overpriced, whereas Amazon I viewed as moderately overpriced. So Netflix was up at $530 in late 2020 and went all the way up to peak at $690 in late 2021. Now Netflix has tanked to $177. Normies are mad as hell online about the stock price, and now they are bag holding. Some normies also doubled down when it went down to the $350 range. I had looked at Netflix and said after like 2 seconds, ya this is hugely overvalued.

What caught normies out on these is that these are headline companies that normies use a lot and saw the rapid growth of, that do have a lot of value in the companies. Its just the stocks were overvalued even for that, which is a hard concept for normies. And there are a ton of other stocks like this that normies have been in doing the same thing, although not as well known as the ones I chose.

Netflix graph 3

The funny thing is that anyone could see that kikeflix was going to go way down

AMC eating shit too. That's the one all the people were betting on to squeeze along with GME

I debated one normie a year and a half ago about Amazon (AMZN) and I said at $3,300 a share the problem is it is overvalued. He was making the argument about how people were wrong in the past to bet against Amazon, and how Amazon is such a great company. Anyway he put in like $33,000 for 10 shares, and now Amazon's stock price has fallen from $3,300 to $2,177. So its not the end of the world his shares are worth $21,770 now.

Another big normie stock is Netflix (NFLX), and for me Netflix was way overpriced, whereas Amazon I viewed as moderately overpriced. So Netflix was up at $530 in late 2020 and went all the way up to peak at $690 in late 2021. Now Netflix has tanked to $177. Normies are mad as hell online about the stock price, and now they are bag holding. Some normies also doubled down when it went down to the $350 range. I had looked at Netflix and said after like 2 seconds, ya this is hugely overvalued.

What caught normies out on these is that these are headline companies that normies use a lot and saw the rapid growth of, that do have a lot of value in the companies. Its just the stocks were overvalued even for that, which is a hard concept for normies. And there are a ton of other stocks like this that normies have been in doing the same thing, although not as well known as the ones I chose.
Shit n piss

The funny thing is that anyone could see that kikeflix was going to go way down

Ya Netflix was a true normie stock in that anyone who did a valuation analysis of the company studying the financials there is no way it was worth $300 billion.

When it tanked through the support line I did my own guesstimate which is that Netflix is worth ~$75 billion, which its now at $78 billion. But to buy it I would want to see it below $50 billion as I don't pay fair market value. Meanwhile where normies were doubling down at $350 the market cap was still ~$150 billion.

Normies can't think for shit, they can't see beyond their own noses.
You can't have a good grasp of investment if you don't have a good grasp of the general zeitgeist.
Amazon and Netflix, two models of business that are easily replicable, Amazon is more stable because it has physical logistics that would be harder to replicate with less resources, Netflix not so much.
Every channel now has its own streaming service, of course Netflix would lose gas, and Amazon is already facing competition from several similar companies.

I should be shorting spy right now

AMC eating shit too. That's the one all the people were betting on to squeeze along with GME

Last year I made big money on AMC, I bought at like $4.50 and sold 3 days later for an average of ~$17. But I went only in with 1% of my portfolio and I lost money on other meme stocks. AMC ended up going to $60 or something.

Oh ya there is another brutal aspect, when AMC was up at $50 the CEO he was very smart he tried to issues shares to get cash at that price. But AMC didn't have that many authorized shares left to issue. So they tried at a board meeting to get way more authorized shares so they could issue a ton at that price.

But retarded apes they voted against that, because they didn't understand authorized vs. issued shares. Even though I was out of the stock I was saying you got to use this to wipe out all the debt + get a ton of cash to give you time and options in the future.

The CEO still did a great job getting cash with the authorized shares they had left, but they could have gotten like 5 times + more cash.

Last edited:
Normies can't think for shit, they can't see beyond their own noses.
You can't have a good grasp of investment if you don't have a good grasp of the general zeitgeist.
Amazon and Netflix, two models of business that are easily replicable, Amazon is more stable because it has physical logistics that would be harder to replicate with less resources, Netflix not so much.
Every channel now has its own streaming service, of course Netflix would lose gas, and Amazon is already facing competition from several similar companies.

Ya that is why I like the stock market is I spend a lot of time thinking through things and thinking through the zeitgeist seeing where it has problems.

You have a good understanding of it, the barriers to entry are the key to how you make profits. You really need a monopoly or at most a small oligopoly to make money. So the automakers on paper have tremendous barriers to entry but there is too many of them so they arbitrage the profits. In companies without barriers to entry like Netflix the problem is as you said competitors come in, because there is nothing really stopping them.

Netflix has to figure out how to get more money per subscriber. In 2021 they had something like 205 million subscribers at $12 a month * 12 months = $29 billion a year revenues. But their costs were also $29 billion. They have to get costs down too.

The market is scared that if Netflix raises price sit will lose subscribers. Or that if it cuts costs by having less tv shows it will lose subscribers, because of all the competitors like you said.

Ya that is why I like the stock market is I spend a lot of time thinking through things and thinking through the zeitgeist seeing where it has problems.

You have a good understanding of it, the barriers to entry are the key to how you make profits. You really need a monopoly or at most a small oligopoly to make money. So the automakers on paper have tremendous barriers to entry but there is too many of them so they arbitrage the profits. In companies without barriers to entry like Netflix the problem is as you said competitors come in, because there is nothing really stopping them.

Netflix has to figure out how to get more money per subscriber. In 2021 they had something like 205 million subscribers at $12 a month * 12 months = $29 billion a year revenues. But their costs were also $29 billion. They have to get costs down too.

The market is scared that if Netflix raises price sit will lose subscribers. Or that if it cuts costs by having less tv shows it will lose subscribers, because of all the competitors like you said.
I think working with media is going to get increasingly difficult, especially because it is being more and more decentralized in distribution, piracy, people consuming free media, oversaturation of the content they're creating (it's all the same year after year, same goes for most streaming services). The only way I could see this business model returning to profitability is if the products themselves became cheaper (people working in media, actors, musicians, etc, the famous ones, would have to get paid less), but that would defeat the point of watching these people's content, because it adds to their value the celebrity status they have. These are just some of the observations I have about this particular field, but I'm sleepy and can't articulate better.
I like your economics posts, I don't invest in the stock market (I have my own reasons for it), but I might sometime in the future and I'll look for your advices.

It true, but we should not be happy about this. In the medium - long term it's bad for everyone.

Those who invested in Gold are doing alright.

I think working with media is going to get increasingly difficult, especially because it is being more and more decentralized in distribution, piracy, people consuming free media, oversaturation of the content they're creating (it's all the same year after year, same goes for most streaming services). The only way I could see this business model returning to profitability is if the products themselves became cheaper (people working in media, actors, musicians, etc, the famous ones, would have to get paid less), but that would defeat the point of watching these people's content, because it adds to their value the celebrity status they have. These are just some of the observations I have about this particular field, but I'm sleepy and can't articulate better.
I like your economics posts, I don't invest in the stock market (I have my own reasons for it), but I might sometime in the future and I'll look for your advices.

Ya that is a wise observation that they want the stars as highly paid as it adds to the celebrity, its why I am skeptical of the salaries announced, I mean I'm sure they make big money, but they can exaggerate without lying(eg.. by not saying all the costs in the contracts for the stars).

They got a lot of challenges to work through, on the bright side they do have big revenues. Disney is having multiple spin-off shows based in the same universe, and theme parks, toys, video games, books and movies. And the global marketplace.

Problem for investors is working through all this and figuring out how to actually make money its turning out very difficult. They showed they can make revenues so far.

Last year I made big money on AMC, I bought at like $4.50 and sold 3 days later for an average of ~$17. But I went only in with 1% of my portfolio and I lost money on other meme stocks. AMC ended up going to $60 or something.

Oh ya there is another brutal aspect, when AMC was up at $50 the CEO he was very smart he tried to issues shares to get cash at that price. But AMC didn't have that many authorized shares left to issue. So they tried at a board meeting to get way more authorized shares so they could issue a ton at that price.

But retarded apes they voted against that, because they didn't understand authorized vs. issued shares. Even though I was out of the stock I was saying you got to use this to wipe out all the debt + get a ton of cash to give you time and options in the future.

The CEO still did a great job getting cash with the authorized shares they had left, but they could have gotten like 5 times + more cash.
Adam Aron is an untrustworthy kike :feelssus: