Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Night club scene from Michel Houellebecq's Whatever and the lack of incel YA.

AnonAutist

AnonAutist

bzzzzzt
★★★★★
Some of you probably have already seen this. Those of you who haven't should.

From the 1999 movie version of 'Whatever', Houellebecq's novel from 1994 about a failed normie IT guy and his late 20s incel colleague who go on a business trip to corporate clients in provincial France - where they visit local small town clubs and bars in the evening.

The normie IT guy blackpills the 28 year old, gainfully employed male virgin after said virgin yet again fails to pick up a chick, and tells the incel to go ER on the chick and her Tyrone.

Whole night club conversation with original subtitles.

Long before I knew about PUA, redpills/blackspills, Forever Alone and incel stuff I read all of Houellebecq's books and they all were like a punch to the gut - but in a good, refreshing way if such a thing is possible. Even though I was much younger than the typical Houellebecqian subject, who are mostly lonely, sex starved middle aged men.

I could never really relate to characters or worldviews presented in more age appropriate literature. The worlds seemed only vaguely familiar - but when Houellebecq laid out his analysis through autistically long monologues - usually inside of the head of the main character things made sense.

Like the one underneath, at the end of the book/movie where the main character and the incel part ways, and main character reflects on the incel's fate and contextualizes him in the wider modern, liberal sexual marketplace with concepts like SMV, hypergamy, the Pareto principle, long before internet autists formulated the black pill.

I wonder, in the 25 years that have passed since the publication of Whatever, are there any young adult literature equivalents to Houellebecq? Are you guys aware of authors who really get inceldom and write about it for a 14 - 24 yo audience? Are any of you guys writers?

Last edited:
It's been an aspiration of mine to write an interesting piece of modern literature regarding inceldom for people around our age bracket, however I lack the IQ level to lay out my thoughts and translate them to an intriguing and thought-provoking story. That being said, this movie was a real game changer for me. It was by far the most black-pilled movie I have ever seen and I make it a habit to re-watch it and analyze it every few months. Too bad no similar movies are in English, or if there are I am not aware of their existence.

It's been an aspiration of mine to write an interesting piece of modern literature regarding inceldom for people around our age bracket, however I lack the IQ level to lay out my thoughts and translate them to an intriguing and thought-provoking story. That being said, this movie was a real game changer for me. It was by far the most black-pilled movie I have ever seen and I make it a habit to re-watch it and analyze it every few months. Too bad no similar movies are in English, or if there are I am not aware of their existence.
even if we could create such art it would probably go to hell due to soy censorship

It's been an aspiration of mine to write an interesting piece of modern literature regarding inceldom for people around our age bracket, however I lack the IQ level to lay out my thoughts and translate them to an intriguing and thought-provoking story.

same bro. i even have two story outlines written in my pc but im too low iq or too autistic to transform the outline into compelling story itself. Like good luck writing dialogue when you dont know how to have a 2 minute convo irl

It never even began for raphaelcels.

I wonder what Houellebecq would think of us. He probably has no respect for us at all, although we are pretty much the characters he writes

That's interesting

I should watch this movie asap.

even if we could create such art it would probably go to hell due to soy censorship
Without a doubt. A movie of this caliber being shown to a mainstream audience wouldn't go over well. Imagine people's reaction to Joker but 10 time the shock and outrage.

He’s a brilliant writer. He’s also surprisingly well accepted by the mainstream in France. Perhaps the French are more open to leftfield ideas than the Anglo-Saxon world.

Same here bro

Houellebecq writes with such profound observations about being a lonely middle aged male, because he was one himself. Now he has taken the JBWpill and noodlewhoremaxxed, and I don't blame him. I would krempi mayo foids if I could since noodlewhores hate me, but mayo foids don't want me either.

The blackpill is simply reality without layers of abstraction. It was always there, but it was hard to undo the cultural programming of the bluepill without the internet. He formulated the blackpill without the aid of the internet to bounce ideas around.