Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News OpenAI drops PhD level model and it's only 2024

SONY NIGSTATION 9

SONY NIGSTATION 9

★★★★★
We're ahead of schedule :clown:
Over the past few weeks in the AI space there's been lots of interesting news, from the scam of Reflection 70b to rumors of OpenAI oiling the gears for two brand-spanking new, sophisticated models to drop in the next few weeks. We shall wait no more as the first model (codenamed Strawberry) was just dropped, dubbed 'OpenAI o1'. This model is specifically designed for reasoning-based tasks and insider reports already suggest it may be used to generate synthetic datasets to train their second upcoming model (GPT-5 speculated) - codenamed Orion.

OpenAI o1

https://openai.com/index/learning-to-reason-with-llms/
As we can see OpenAI-o1 specifically VASTLY outperforms current models in fields of coding, mathematics and reasoning, as they've baked in CoT (chain of thought) technology to allow it to emulate higher level thinking. For this new OpenAI-o1 model, the main feature is increased reasoning and videos on the official OpenAI YT channel hint at proficiency in many STEM fields. Obviously benchmarks have their issues when evaluating AI sometimes but demos of the new model show it to be highly competent.

"Nooooo AI will never be able to do x field, it just won't, okay!!! We're hitting a plateau!!!"
- coders, mathematicians and researchers 2 weeks ago when asked if they think AI will get good enough to replace their jobs specifically...
So already we are ahead of schedule as Aschenbrenner claimed PhD level AI by 2027 :feelsLUL: ; keep in mind we are still in September of 2024. Absolutely over for the wagies, and I can see why Leopold was so fervent in his claims. If he was aware of the progress of 'Strawberry' and 'Orion' then this rate of development must have spooked him; perhaps the real beast is yet to come. :feelsohgod:

Last edited: Today at 7:45 PM

If only someone would go Munich on the world's AI researchers in industry and government. It would be a real shame if they suddenly started dropping like flies in accidents.

So already we are ahead of schedule as Aschenbrenner claimed PhD level AI by 2027 :feelsLUL: ;
I remember seeing somewhere that when chatpt was released, it would use one particular keyword, I forgot what it was. Coincidentally, a lot of academic papers started using that word at a higher frequency, around 80%. The rigor that comes with publishing an academic paper will steadily go down as AI improves.

This should tell you how much of a joke the self proclaimed "experts" are.

The only thing that matters is getting to the point where it can self-improve autonomously.

I wonder what humanoid robots will look like in 100 years?

Eaton is another powerhouse.

IMG 5487

Plus, don’t forget Monolithic Manpower
and Synopsys (SNPS).

IMG 5489

Eaton collaborates with Tesla over home energy storage

I can't wait when finally ai becomes 10 quadrillion times smarter then human and it can create anything and everything

Dangerous weapon created to destroy humans