Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Need help: low FPS since Nvidia Driver update

Friezacel

Friezacel

Discord: lauterbach2
★★★★★
So today i updated my RTX 2050 graphic cards (Laptop) and suddenly all my games run low FPS. Dead by Daylight e.g. runs now with less than 20fps and Killing Floor 2 also has heavy fps drops. Nvidia recommended me to install the update from 01.06.2024 (version 32.0.15.5599) and that update broke my games. I then tried installing the drivers update from 26.09.2024 (version 32.01.15.6590) and i still have the same issues. Can someone recommend a stable version that doesnt flush my fps down the toilet or is there maybe something i have to change in my graphic settings to get things running ? Restarting the laptop didnt do anything

@KillNiggers
@RealSchizo

Last edited:
try uninstalling driver with desktop driver uninstaller in Windows safe mod and reinstalling it in normal mode

try uninstalling driver with desktop driver uninstaller in Windows safe mod and reinstalling it in normal mode
I already tried switching between the 2 drivers i mentioned in my thread and it didnt do anything

I already tried switching between the 2 drivers i mentioned in my thread and it didnt do anything
you made sure you're running games with 2050 instead of integrated graphics in your CPU?

you made sure you're running games with 2050 instead of integrated graphics in your CPU?
Im very sure they do or is there any way to check 100% ?

Are you uninstalling drivers with DDU? If not then use it you may have some leftover files.

Are you uninstalling drivers with DDU? If not then use it you may have some leftover files.
Does it really make such a huge difference on the performance ?

Does it really make such a huge difference on the performance ?
not performance difference but sometimes drivers may get installed incorrectly or something just isn't right, i had an issue with Nvidia driver and only DDU helped me

not performance difference but sometimes drivers may get installed incorrectly or something just isn't right, i had an issue with Nvidia driver and only DDU helped me
I ran DDU and i still have low fps :cryfeels:

Doesnt the nvidia software have an option to remove all previous driverz? Ik amd got that on windows atleast. Cant you check on the nvidia panel what gpu is being used or force games to use the dedicated?

Doesnt the nvidia software have an option to remove all previous driverz? Ik amd got that on windows atleast. Cant you check on the nvidia panel what gpu is being used or force games to use the dedicated?
I ran DDU and removed all previous drivers and i still face the same issue. Im about to give up and throw this stupid fucking laptop out the window

I ran DDU and removed all previous drivers and i still face the same issue. Im about to give up and throw this stupid fucking laptop out the window
>laptop
probably power management crippling the gpu

Doubt thats the problem, before today i could play games on high fps
the update probably added a powersave option or some shit, but i don't know much about laptop gpus

It's probably some power management shit that laptops often do. I hate laptops.

It's probably some power management shit that laptops often do. I hate laptops.
I checked like every setting imaginable in Nvidia Control Panel and Windows Settings and nothing happened

is core isolation enabled?

At that point just nuke windows and join the cult of linux.

WIndows has better gaming support
> Doesnt mettion whats the better support.

not worth it
Why is that? Unless you play online games with retarded anti-cheats theres no reason to stay on windows. Linux gaming is literally click 2 or 3 buttons and youre set. Wayland has been working on nvidia for a while now and shitvidia drivers on linux are generally good. Theres foss drivers to manage your goyim razer/logitech etc. goyslop tech.

So today i updated my RTX 2050 graphic cards (Laptop) and suddenly all my games run low FPS. Dead by Daylight e.g. runs now with less than 20fps and Killing Floor 2 also has heavy fps drops. Nvidia recommended me to install the update from 01.06.2024 (version 32.0.15.5599) and that update broke my games. I then tried installing the drivers update from 26.09.2024 (version 32.01.15.6590) and i still have the same issues. Can someone recommend a stable version that doesnt flush my fps down the toilet or is there maybe something i have to change in my graphic settings to get things running ? Restarting the laptop didnt do anything

@KillNiggers
@RealSchizo
Have you tried going to device manger and delete the driver then go to the company who created your GPU and download that driver or option b is to use msi afterburner and look at GPU to see anything happens or c use navida control panel and make sure you select your GPU or add a game

Did you upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 or something

Have you tried going to device manger and delete the driver then go to the company who created your GPU and download that driver or option b is to use msi afterburner and look at GPU to see anything happens or c use navida control panel and make sure you select your GPU or add a game
Everything works normally again now. I randomly tried to play a game again and suddenly i have normal fps again, no idea what caused the issue in the first place
Did you upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 or something
I had Windows 11 on my laptop since the beginning, they dont sell Windows 10 devices online anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back