Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion NATO nuclear deterrence policy question

TallCelFag

TallCelFag

30, autistic, 3/10 face, 2 months sober
★★★★★
How does it work? What if a non-nuclear country that’s part of NATO, such as Estonia, got nuked by Russia for instance, would the US, UK and France be forced to nuke Russia, according to the NATO agreement?

I believe so.

Yes, an attack on one is an attack on all.

How does it work? What if a non-nuclear country that’s part of NATO, such as Estonia, got nuked by Russia for instance, would the US, UK and France be forced to nuke Russia, according to the NATO agreement?
Theoretically yes.
However, I'm absolutely sure that the major powers of NATO would gladly let the Baltic states be swallowed by Russia to save their own ass or even avoid a proper nuclear war.

Theoretically yes.
However, I'm absolutely sure that the major powers of NATO would gladly let the Baltic states be swallowed by Russia to save their own ass or even avoid a proper nuclear war.
At the drop of a hat.

The west has a new queer deterrence!

All the other mils are afraid to get mil aids fag blood on themselves!

Article 5 dictates that an attack against one is an attack against all. So yes that would start a nuclear war and so would just invading Estonia with a conventional army.

I don't want to be dragged into another country's bullshit :fuk:
Would you want others to come to your aid? It's mostly a deterrence at this point anyway since nobody dares invade a NATO state.

:feelsaww: Hypocritical, yes.
Not really, it's logical that smaller nations band together to ward off larger and more unfriendly nations such as Russia or China given the technological war capabilities we have these days. The days of European nations marching into gentlemanly battles across open fields in formation at an agreed time are a relic of the past.