Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Nationalism is left wing

ElTruecel

ElTruecel

NT > EVERYTHING DEATH TO NT PILL DENIERS
★★★★★
Nationalism is a concept that originates from the French Revolution. In a true sense it is technically left wing I do consider myself a nationalist in some sort of sense but it’s kinda weird how nationalism is considered far right. If anyone here has read evola he explained why he disliked this concept. It basically ties the nation to the state which is rooted in liberal ideas. Since most of you are stormcels it’s important you know this.
D08DF9D0 E48C 404E B956 C05008285EB5

So I understand I believe in the a left wing principle

Last edited:
Since you are interested in politics.. what is right wing, and what is left wing? I know the answer, i want to see whether or not you are knowledgeable on this subject

Schizo retards shouldn't be allowed on the internet. You've been sniffing russian propaganda or christcuck propaganda OP

Since you are interested in politics.. what is right wing, and what is left wing? I know the answer, i want to see whether or not you are knowledgeable on this subject
Well the dichotomy started off from the French Revolution those who supported the monarchy were right wing, while those opposed and who wanted a new system were left wing.

Well the dichotomy started off from the French Revolution those who supported the monarchy were right wing, while those opposed and who wanted a new system were left wing.
Give me an answer, what is left wing and what is right wing, this is not an answer. Or you dont know the answer?

nationalism is just normies placing themselves in groups to bully others like usual but on a larger scale

Give me an answer, what is left wing and what is right wing, this is not an answer. Or you dont know the answer?
I just told you my answer :feelskek: . What do you want me to go into depth the specific differences between left & right I will if you want.
Yes.. but when left-wingers refer to nationalism with a negative connotation they're referring to chauvinism/jingoism. Not necessarily something like Palestinian nationalism.
nationalism as a whole is something that is based off nation - states and supporting that nation state over anything else. This was an enlightenment viewpoint, it’s more nuanced than this but that’s the simplification.

I want incelistan caliphate

People can’t fucking agree on what left and right even mean. Does it matter?

People can’t fucking agree on what left and right even mean. Does it matter?
There’s set definitions it’s just been skewed cuz of modernity

The British always hate on nationalists and don't realise that they are British Nationalists themselves.

Supporting the nation-state over everything else is ultranationalism. Not all forms of nationalism have such a rigid outlook. If you support the self-determination of a stateless ethnicity, you could be considered a nationalist for that group of people and you would be supported by left-wing movements.
The idea of nation states come from the peace of Westphalia. Anyways yes I’m aware nationalism isn’t just for nation states but what I’m saying is the idea of ultra nationalism (which is referring to nation states) comes from the French Revolution. This idea is a liberal idea. all ideas of nationalism are technically “left wing”

jfl you can't tell the difference between chauvinism/jingoism/ethnic nationalism and civic nationalism because they're both called "nationalism"
Oh my fucking god nigga. I’m literally an ethnic nationalist I know the difference between ethnic and civic nationalist holy fuck. Did you not read my post I do support ultra nationalism I think it’s a good thing for society I’m just saying it descends from the principles from the French Revolution not that hard to comprehend. The nationalism you’re taking about is IRA oppressed group against the oppressor tier nationalism which also comes from the French Revolution. However in a modern political sense we differentiate between right wing nationalism & left wing nationalism, BUT A LOT OF PRINCIPLES WE CONSIDER RIGHT WING COME FROM THE FRENCH REVOLUTION. GOD FUCK IS IT THAT HARD TO COMPREHEND MY POINT HOLY SHIT

Well enlightenment/French revolution

"In a true sense it is technically left wing I do consider myself a nationalist in some sort of sense but it’s kinda weird how nationalism is considered far right"

If you know the difference between ethnic and civic nationalism then why did you suggest both are considered far right and are technically "left wing"?
Bro I’m obviously referring to the nationalism that I support. The nationalism you’re talking about even in modern day is considered leftist. However both at the end of the day seek a certain identity tied to a state or nation. Regardless the principles of nationalism REGARDLESS OF CIVIC OR ETHNIC COME FROM THE ENLIGHTENMENT/FRENCH REVOLUTION! However the ultranationalist far right idea you hate is liberal YES ITS LIBERAL THE IDEA OF A NATION STATE IS SOMETHING TRADITIONALISTS LIKE EVOLA OPPOSED!

You are the only person on the planet who considers ethnic nationalism to "technically be left wing".
The left and right dichotomy comes from the French Revolution dumbfuck. The ideals of nationalism were a view of the progressive opposing the current order so yes in A TECHNICAL HISTORICAL SENSE IT IS TIED TO LIBERALISM. Not that hard to understand holy fuck.
No they don't. Just because two ideologies share basic similarities, does not mean they both come from a common source :feelstastyman:
Ok then tell me the source of both of them and how they have this big difference in a HISTORICAL SENSE?
You can find core features of nationalism well before the French Revolution, like among the Romans.
You’re applying whatever the Romans had to a modern definition that didn’t exist back then. Rome had city states but did they have what we could consider nation states yet? NO! The idea of nation states came from Westphalia holy shit and the ideals of nationalism came from the enlightenment.
So an ideology becomes liberal as soon as a single right-wing dude opposes it? jfl smartest ethnic nationalist
Nice strawman. You don’t understand political philosophy or history and probably don’t even know who Julius evola is :feelskek: . Stop trying to be a pretentious smartass on a topic you don’t understand

I don't care about the etymology of the terms left and right wing. In the context of this discussion, they are referring to a group of political ideologies, not where we sat on the French Estates General prior to the French Revolution because none of us were even alive during that period.
Well my thread is referring to these terms so they will be brought up in this argument.
I don't know (could have developed within the 20th century), but ultranationalism as it is criticized by left-wing politics certainly wasn't some variant that developed from Enlightenment liberalism. I mean do you seriously see any modern nationalist movements talking about "separation of powers" or "secularism"? Can you actually SHOW to me historically how right-wing ultranationalism developed from classical liberalism?
The ideas of nationalism was based on putting the nation state over anything else including tradition or religion. So yes right wing ultranationalist does descend from this the fact you think us ultranationalists necessarily support full blown monarchy or theocracy judging by your statements is a thought that is false. Historically these ideas of ultra nationalism for example in Germany do have links to Hegel’s beliefs of Volk for example. Hegel’s ideas on the enlightenment are a bit mixed though I won’t deny.
What do you want me to use bro, a modern definition or not??
I’m using historical definitions and historical context.
The foundations of the western system of international diplomacy came from the Peace of Westphalia, not "the idea of nation states". Are you telling me prior to Westphalia every geopolitical entity was either a multiethnic empire or a city-state? What was the whole biblical United Monarchy about then? Is that not an idea, even if it was ahistorical? "France", "Spain", "Portugal" all existed well before the French Revolution.
“france” as we see it no. Spain sure I guess with the unification of Spain under Ferdinand and Isabella. Anyways wikipedia says otherwise about this point https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation_state#History_and_origins. Maybe it doesn’t directly come from but it is associated with the treaty of Westphalia. Also that’s not at all what I’m saying about these empires what I’m saying which is what evola is saying is these states didn’t have such an importance to the state. The state was simply a tool to enforce traditionalism and the natural order. The idea is the state wasn’t as important but there was a racial, spiritual and traditional essence that was important.
If it's a strawman what even was the correct form of your argument? Your simultaneous obsession with Julius Evola and Bronze Age cultures of Old Europe clearly indicate that you're just regurgitating the viewpoints of Survive the Jive and probably haven't formed your opinions organically by actually studying "political philosophy" or "history" either.
No I’m not lmfao. Anyways I didn’t get this from survive the jive but that guy is pretty based I’ve read evola and understand how extreme his views are. Also I have studied history and political philosophy lmfao, do you really think the average random person regurgitating talking points even knows what the things I’m talking about are. You need to speak to actual larpers online go to a “political discord server” and you can clearly see I even if you disagree with me know what I’m talking about.
The projection here. Spazzing out and throwing remarks like "FUCK IS IT THAT HARD TO COMPREHEND MY POINT HOLY SHIT" or "Not that hard to understand holy fuck" or "not that hard to comprehend" or "Oh my fucking god nigga" doesn't make your arguments sound any more persuasive or incisive because any idiot can say those things. If anything, it just makes you look whiny. Real wisdom is self-evident from the quality of the arguments that are being made.
Ok well you tend to come off as pretentious, egotistical and hypocritical at times. Considering you have a history of insulting and belittling many users in this forum i interpreted you as subtly thinking you beaten me.

Nationalism is retarded if you get nothing from it.
By that i mean, a good community, and a decent partner.
Otherwise.. you are wishing.. for a dead pipedream..

No you aren't. You're using the terms "right-wing" and "left-wing" in their modern sense, not their historical one. As your second paragraph immediately shows:
No I’m clearly not also my second paragraph shows that I’m not.
You start talking about "right wing ultranationalism". If you are talking about right-wing in the sense of the people who supported the monarchy during the French Revolution, then why are you suddenly talking about right-wingers in the modern sense, since modern right-wingers are the ones that were ultranationalist not the historical ones?
THATS WHAT IVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT THE ENTIRE TIME THATS THE CONTEXT IVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT IN TERMS OF THE LEFT AND RIGHT DICHOTOMY. Also yes that’s my point that the modern right wing takes a lot of views from liberalism that was and is left wing. That is my point
Worst of all, this is where your hypocrisy is stunningly clear. You attack me for mentioning how some basic elements of nationalism were found as far back as ancient Rome because I'm applying a "modern definition that didn't exist" onto the Romans (even though I never stated the Romans were right-wing nationalists but that those concepts and ideas existed well before the French Revolution), and then you go on and start mentioning how some basic elements of right-wing ultranationalism were rooted in the French Revolution as if they didn't belong into two entirely different time periods as well. Why can you apply modern definitions to the past but I can't?
the basic elements of nationalism sure they were found in Ancient Rome im not talking about the basic elements im talking about the concept as a whole. You can apply this logic with a lot of different different political concepts, ideologies, etc. The concepts and ideas that make up nationalism did exist prior yes ofc it had to come from somewhere, however we’re talking about nationalism as a whole the philosophy as a whole. This is what I’m referring the philosophy of nationalism as a broad large concept not the elements that make it up. Also just because a lot of us put more twists into the concept of ultra nationalism doesn’t change the fact that the intrinsic concept originates from the enlightenment.
Even if we set this aside you don't provide any historical proof for this, you just state it an accept us to believe it, and I am absolutely not believing the idea that right-wing ultranationalism is just a variant of classical liberalism JFL. Not to mention that this is only looking at Europe and not the rest of the world despite the fact that there are nationalists outside of the west.
I’m not saying it’s a variant I’m saying that ultra nationalism has its root in classical liberalism when we just look at nationalism. It wasn’t necessarily important for nationalism to coincide with tradition and religion.
Also you don't even define nationalism properly. How can you put a "nation-state" above tradition or religion? Nations are people united by tradition and religion amongst other things. If you don't have those common elements of a community then you don't have a nation to begin with. That's why the vast majority of nationalists do support religion and tradition.
That is quite literally what nationalism puts itself above. Also the tradition you’re referring to yes I’m getting to semantics because when I refer to tradition I’m referring to something political as well as cultural. Tradition isn’t inherent to nationalism it just compliments it yes there is a shared history which is culture and there is tradition as in customs passed down. However you can still believe these customs are important and also be socially progressive. Also the fact although religion compliments it at the end of the day ultranationalist puts dogma to the state over religion a lot of the time.
No you aren't, as shown above. Even if you were, it should be immediately obvious that everyone else discusses right-wing politics in its modern sense and hence would understandably classify ultranationalism as right-wing. So I fail to see why your comment that it is "kinda weird how nationalism is considered far right" makes any sense.
Oh my fucking god the average person doesn’t understand what the French Revolution is yes in modern day ultranationalist is far right. There are a lot of things considered far right now that weren’t years ago. This isn’t a completely unique take btw this has been said multiple times BY TRADITIONALISTS. Go talk to an actual traditionalist.
Wikipedia....

It doesn't even say otherwise. "The Westphalian system did not create the nation-state, but the nation-state meets the criteria for its component states "
I should’ve been more clear it does directly say it came in the 15th century. ANYWAYS I MADE IT CLEAR TO YOU WITH MY STATEMENT BEFORE HAND “IT DOES NOT DIRECTLY COME FROM THE PEACE OF WESTPHALIA BUT IT IS ASSOCIATED”! It is associated with the peace of Westphalia it doesn’t come from it but it’s associated with it, which is my point.
You can literally find anti-statist political philosophers from all over the political spectrum. I literally don't care what one individual says, because one individual never characterizes entire ideologies.
There are other individuals who claimed this because I’m not using this individual as the earth shattering evidence for this point. I’m bringing up other pieces of evidence, however evola is one of the most influential philosophers in the school of tradition. It makes sense ID bring him up.
Quite honestly, yes. You literally just referenced a Wikipedia article to support your position, which the average random person can do. Calling that "studying history and political philosophy" is a bit of a stretch. People on many "online political discord servers", even if they shouldn't be taken very seriously, are pretty clearly on a level above you (as I've had discussions with many of them), so I wouldn't belittle them as "LARPers" if I were you.
no they aren’t cut it out with this belittling bullshit as if you’re the authoritative figure in every single topic. Also I don’t understand why you people get so mad over wikipedia there is some bias but it overall is made sure to be accurate (outside of the casss of left wing bias) . Wikipedia literally has sources all over these articles and makes sure to fight against vandalism

The left and right dichotomy comes from the French Revolution dumbfuck. The ideals of nationalism were a view of the progressive opposing the current order so yes in A TECHNICAL HISTORICAL SENSE IT IS TIED TO LIBERALISM. Not that hard to understand holy fuck.

Ok then tell me the source of both of them and how they have this big difference in a HISTORICAL SENSE?

You’re applying whatever the Romans had to a modern definition that didn’t exist back then. Rome had city states but did they have what we could consider nation states yet? NO! The idea of nation states came from Westphalia holy shit and the ideals of nationalism came from the enlightenment.

Nice strawman. You don’t understand political philosophy or history and probably don’t even know who Julius evola is :feelskek: . Stop trying to be a pretentious smartass on a topic you don’t understand
Please dude. Stop it. Do not attempt to discuss politics or enter into argumention with @Indracel. He is a good student in that he impressed his teachers with studying and high marks in Maths and some Science. But when it comes to the Humanities fields, he is like a wet paper towel, shit falls apart quick.

no they aren’t cut it out with this belittling bullshit as if you’re the authoritative figure in every single topic. Also I don’t understand why you people get so mad over wikipedia there is some bias but it overall is made sure to be accurate (outside of the casss of left wing bias) . Wikipedia literally has sources all over these articles and makes sure to fight against vandalism
This is a PERFECT example of how @Indracel can be shown to have zero real-world experience. He's an exam-bumpkin. And what happens is that since he is so inexperienced in Life and People matters, and was born after 2005, he doesn't know how to tell what sources are legitimate and what sources are not. In America today, the Zoomers are so confused due to all the chaos of a decadent society, that almost all of them revert to some form of "this isn't a good source" whenever it goes against whatever the New York Times & CNN have helped to establish as "reasonable" in the past 15 year or so.

Nationalism is a concept that originates from the French Revolution. In a true sense it is technically left wing I do consider myself a nationalist in some sort of sense but it’s kinda weird how nationalism is considered far right. If anyone here has read evola he explained why he disliked this concept. It basically ties the nation to the state which is rooted in liberal ideas. Since most of you are stormcels it’s important you know this. View attachment 713544

So I understand I believe in the a left wing principle
Yeah it is, we communists want liberation of our people and oppressed of the world .
It both internationalist and nationalist(not chauvinistic or begotted like todays rw scums)

This is a PERFECT example of how @Indracel can be shown to have zero real-world experience. He's an exam-bumpkin. And what happens is that since he is so inexperienced in Life and People matters, and was born after 2005, he doesn't know how to tell what sources are legitimate and what sources are not. In America today, the Zoomers are so confused due to all the chaos of a decadent society, that almost all of them revert to some form of "this isn't a good source" whenever it goes against whatever the New York Times & CNN have helped to establish as "reasonable" in the past 15 year or so.
Yup makes sense. I may be a high school aged Zoomer but even I know that these shitty sources he gets his beliefs from aren’t accurate to the truth. Kek he tends to be based with stuff around women but outside of that he cucks hard.
Yeah it is, we communists want liberation of our people and oppressed of the world .
It both internationalist and nationalist(not chauvinistic or begotted like todays rw scums)
Chauvinism is based but the root of it stems from the ideas of the enlightenment/French revolution. Also yea I’m aware a lot of commies are nationalist for oppressed groups they’re part of

Yup makes sense. I may be a high school aged Zoomer.
Over ! :feelsclown:
but even I know that these shitty sources he gets his beliefs from aren’t accurate to the truth.
He's a complete moron when it comes to anything outside his mother's dinner table. I mean come on man, he's from "The BayArea" or SoCal. I knew quite a few people from that area and I knew them well. Very little "good thinking" comes out of that area now days.
Kek he tends to be based with stuff around women but outside of that he cucks hard.
Hmm Idk. Even that's a stretch man! The idiot is usually banned between 2-3 times a month for being an overtly arrogant clumsy dumbfuck. In fact, the idiot is banned at this very moment. I spoke to him quite a bit and read enough of his posts to know that he hasn't had a taste of the real world yet. Shit is gonna get rocky for him.

Last edited:
These definitions vary depending upon the region of the world and time period in history which we are attempting to discuss.