Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media Name media that was nostalgic to you but is generally considered trash

Caesercel

Caesercel

Take a look to the sky just before you die.
★★★★★
I'll start

--Godzilla (1999) - One of the first hollywood movies I have memory of watching. The cgi lizards blew my little toddler mind. Never seen anything like it. Back then I could recite the entire final sequence scene by scene.

(For those who don't know this movie is considered a big budget critical failure. The acting is considered cringe, the dialogue is cringe. Cgi was atrocious even for its time. Godzilla fans hate it because the creature had a different design, was smaller and weaker.)

--The Mummy(video game)- It was a tie in video game with this movie and like all movie tie-in games was quickly forgotten. But for the middle school me with no video game device and a shitty pc it was a treasure trove. The cool neighbourhood kid had it and I would watch him play it every day. Eventually he pirated a copy for me.

My mom had rationed PC time to an hour per week. So every sunday I would play it for an hour. It was the first fully 3D video game I ever played. I did not think of video games as softwares yet and so became fully emersed into the world like only a child could.

--Star Wars: Phantom Menace- Still remember watching it for the first time. Great blockbuster adventure movie. Had no idea what storm troopers are or who darth vader is. For me it was a fun space adventure movie about this little could who'd fly stuff, win cool races and destroy evil robots. Darth Mauls design stuck with me and his final battle was fun.

(I think everyone knows that prequel star wars is hated and this one was the most hated of the trilogy cuz it apparently ruined darth vader and was not what star wars fans were expecting)

I used to watch Godzilla v Mechagodzilla on VHS on repeat. Wore out the tape.

the first Godzilla series were bad but the last one was pretty good ngl

Cawadooty in the early days. I'm pretty sure the franchise is still regarded as trash for the masses. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cawadooty in the early days. I'm pretty sure the franchise is still regarded as trash for the masses. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Still a pretty successful franchise ngl. And the early games are still highly regarded

I liked the Big Bang Theory when it was primarily a show about incels. They all got foids and it got ruined

I watched the '90s Godzilla movie recently for the first time and really enjoyed it. I thought it was just a fun action movie and the kind I really miss tbh. I gave it like an 8/10 on IMDb I think.

Phantom Menace I also really enjoyed as I saw it at the cinema with friends when I was younger. We all had a blast and came out really happy and excited about the movie.

I've never played The Mummy game though :)

I'm not sure about mine but I'll think about that!

Pixar/Dreamworks movies, but now these movies are filled with filthy fag propaganda

Ppl shit on Michael Bay but I loved the transformers movies as a kid esp Megatron:feelsaww:

Power Rangers from the 90s and 80s 90s action movies, Schwarzenegger, VanDamme, Kickboxer movies etc

Tbh I think the prequels aren't that hated anymore. Disney Star Wars has made the prequels look good kek.

Power Rangers from the 90s and 80s 90s action movies, Schwarzenegger, VanDamme, Kickboxer movies etc
I don't think any of these are particularly hated

I'll start

--Godzilla (1999) - One of the first hollywood movies I have memory of watching. The cgi lizards blew my little toddler mind. Never seen anything like it. Back then I could recite the entire final sequence scene by scene.

(For those who don't know this movie is considered a big budget critical failure. The acting is considered cringe, the dialogue is cringe. Cgi was atrocious even for its time. Godzilla fans hate it because the creature had a different design, was smaller and weaker.)

--The Mummy(video game)- It was a tie in video game with this movie and like all movie tie-in games was quickly forgotten. But for the middle school me with no video game device and a shitty pc it was a treasure trove. The cool neighbourhood kid had it and I would watch him play it every day. Eventually he pirated a copy for me.

My mom had rationed PC time to an hour per week. So every sunday I would play it for an hour. It was the first fully 3D video game I ever played. I did not think of video games as softwares yet and so became fully emersed into the world like only a child could.

--Star Wars: Phantom Menace- Still remember watching it for the first time. Great blockbuster adventure movie. Had no idea what storm troopers are or who darth vader is. For me it was a fun space adventure movie about this little could who'd fly stuff, win cool races and destroy evil robots. Darth Mauls design stuck with me and his final battle was fun.

(I think everyone knows that prequel star wars is hated and this one was the most hated of the trilogy cuz it apparently ruined darth vader and was not what star wars fans were expecting)
Pixar Cars. I didnt know was so hated until I search about it on Reddit. Is funny because soys try to apply logic that children wont notice. Such as cars with organic tongues. I mean, that doesnt need an explanation. Is clear that they are a personification of human world into cars.

Dragon Ball Evolution; I never understood the double standard to judge comic-book movies with a different bar of faithfulness in comparison of the source material with this movie. Anyone would notice that the Studio tried to adapt Pre-saiyan sagas until Namek saga as a trilogy. But it receives a lot of hate because it takes a lot freedom such as sending Goku to school. The thing is that super hero comic-book movies do the same. Marvel Civil War in movies isnt even a Civil War. Captain America didnt have a proper Nomad arc because Marvel Studios was too soft to give a patriotic Captain America. I could list the lack if faithfullness between comic book movies and comic book all day. I dont feel nostalgic about it. Just wanted to point out the double standard.

Man of Steel: Is hated because Superman is supossed to represent hope and blah blah blah. The character has always been lame. Is also hated because Superman killed in that movie. Whats funny is the double standard because Superman also killed Zod in the comics (with a smile in his face) while he killed Zod in Donner's Superman 2 with indifference.
Yet soys ignore that and complain.

Transformers: I didnt know it was that hated. The reasons are stupid such as Transformers having short time to show up. But lets be honest. Transformers movies delivered one of the best CGI. Even Rise of The Beasts has worse CGI than Bayverse. Other reasons are what a textbook soy would complain: "It is US army propaganda" or "it has racist/sexist", humor. Or "is sexist"(even if female characters there are better than textbook foid legacy character presented nowadays).

DBGT: I really thought it was fun. The battles werent nice but Baby Saga and Evil Dragon Saga are actually better in paper than Android and Buu Saga who are canon. People didnt like because of the battles, the idea of turning DB into an adventure anime and because Super 17 Saga brought a lot of plotholes.

Last edited:
Destiny 2 at launch. The game was considered dogshit at launch but I really enjoyed the raid and gunplay.

If it’s not obvious, Undertale. I know it’s not that old - it came out in 2015 and I played it for the first time in 2019, but I found it really emotional. I wish I could go back to 2019 and experience it for the first time again. Also, this forum in 2019 is very memorable.

I don’t know what the general consensus on the game itself is, but I know a lot of the fandom is cringe and made up of preteen girls, so I’m including it here.

Also, I know Mario is considered to be ultra soy, but I grew up on Mario, especially Mario 64, so I find the franchise to be nostalgic to me.

TV show: "Takeshi's Castle"
Movie: "Happiness"
Toon/Anime: "Orange Road"
Videogame: "Shadow Man"

All the up mentioned media products are considered from below average to absolute trash. I don't care, i never did.
I loved em and i'll always will. I genuinenly think none of em were really understood by the masses and they are all underrated.

Toon/Anime: "Orange Road"
Is Kimagure Orange Road generally considered trash? Its MAL rating is pretty decent and the reviews are largely positive. Personally I think the show ain't that great tho.

Is Kimagure Orange Road generally considered trash? Its MAL rating is pretty decent and the reviews are largely positive. Personally I think the show ain't that great tho.
It's considered average/slightly good in the west, unironically TRASH in Japan.
Only Saint Seya beat this paradox being considered a masterpiece in the west and absolute SHIT in Japan.

It's considered average/slightly good in the west, unironically TRASH in Japan.
Really? Interesting. Anything specific that made you like Kimagure Orange Road?

Really? Interesting. Anything specific that made you like Kimagure Orange Road?
It's an interesting mix of being a soy drama and a blackpilled soap opera, more realistic than many products despide it involves "paranormal powers".
-Kyosuke act diligent with his powers but his sisters don't so his whole family is forced to move everytime and the parents whine about it but not a single slap for those 2 bitches has been thrown (brutal foids proviledge: check)
-Kyosuke is average looking but manage to capture the attentions of TWO hot girls (soy cope: check)
-Kyosuke acts like the normie he is and even tho has a preference for one of the girl, set a relationship with the other one that show signs of affections first and tries to stay with "one foot in 2 shoes", not always succesfully even tho he has useful powers (beta low-iq realistic attitude: check)
-Kyosuke tho, sometimes, abuse his powers and manage to solve some embarassing situations (based plot turn: check)

There are more but i think you get what i mean...

It's an interesting mix of being a soy drama and a blackpilled soap opera, more realistic than many products despide it involves "paranormal powers".
-Kyosuke act diligent with his powers but his sisters don't so his whole family is forced to move everytime and the parents whine about it but not a single slap for those 2 bitches has been thrown (brutal foids proviledge: check)
-Kyosuke is average looking but manage to capture the attentions of TWO hot girls (soy cope: check)
-Kyosuke acts like the normie he is and even tho has a preference for one of the girl, set a relationship with the other one that show signs of affections first and tries to stay with "one foot in 2 shoes", not always succesfully even tho he has useful powers (beta low-iq realistic attitude: check)
-Kyosuke tho, sometimes, abuse his powers and manage to solve some embarassing situations (based plot turn: check)

There are more but i think you get what i mean...
So it being a partial soy drama adds to its charm for you? To each their own I guess.

The Michael bay transformers movies

Pixar Cars. I didnt know was so hated until I search about it on Reddit. Is funny because soys try to apply logic that children wont notice. Such as cars with organic tongues. I mean, that doesnt need an explanation. Is clear that they are a personification of human world into cars.

Dragon Ball Evolution; I never understood the double standard to judge comic-book movies with a different bar of faithfulness in comparison of the source material with this movie. Anyone would notice that the Studio tried to adapt Pre-saiyan sagas until Namek saga as a trilogy. But it receives a lot of hate because it takes a lot freedom such as sending Goku to school. The thing is that super hero comic-book movies do the same. Marvel Civil War in movies isnt even a Civil War. Captain America didnt have a proper Nomad arc because Marvel Studios was too soft to give a patriotic Captain America. I could list the lack if faithfullness between comic book movies and comic book all day. I dont feel nostalgic about it. Just wanted to point out the double standard.

Man of Steel: Is hated because Superman is supossed to represent hope and blah blah blah. The character has always been lame. Is also hated because Superman killed in that movie. Whats funny is the double standard because Superman also killed Zod in the comics (with a smile in his face) while he killed Zod in Donner's Superman 2 with indifference.
Yet soys ignore that and complain.

Transformers: I didnt know it was that hated. The reasons are stupid such as Transformers having short time to show up. But lets be honest. Transformers movies delivered one of the best CGI. Even Rise of The Beasts has worse CGI than Bayverse. Other reasons are what a textbook soy would complain: "It is US army propaganda" or "it has racist/sexist", humor. Or "is sexist"(even if female characters there are better than textbook foid legacy character presented nowadays).

DBGT: I really thought it was fun. The battles werent nice but Baby Saga and Evil Dragon Saga are actually better in paper than Android and Buu Saga who are canon. People didnt like because of the battles, the idea of turning DB into an adventure anime and because Super 17 Saga brought a lot of plotholes.
Agree on Cars. Never knew it was considered one of the worst pixar movies until I saw such on internet.

The Michael bay transformers movies
I liked the first 2 tbh

I really liked Marvel early 2000 movies. They arent doing cringy jokes as current ones. But is a general consensus that early 2000 movies beside Spiderman 1 &2 are worst than MCU.

Tbh I think the prequels aren't that hated anymore. Disney Star Wars has made the prequels look good kek.
It depends on the place. The prequels have worse acting. They arent hated outside the anglosphere because dub actors did an amazing job to patch Hayden Christensen acting and general clumsy dialogues of the prequels themselves.

I really liked Marvel early 2000 movies. They arent doing cringy jokes as current ones. But is a general consensus that early 2000 movies beside Spiderman 1 &2 are worst than MCU.
Lol who says that. Literally no one, not even MCU fanboys have such a retarded opinion.

People didn't like the og Iron man?

People didn't like the og Iron man?
Iron Man is MCU. I think he's talking about Sam Raimi Spider man movies, X men og trilogy, Blade trilogy etc.

Iron Man is MCU. I think he's talking about Sam Raimi Spider man movies, X men og trilogy, Blade trilogy etc.
Oh ok that makes a bit more sense, but I haven't seen any of those movies ngl.

Oh ok that makes a bit more sense, but I haven't seen any of those movies ngl.
Those were some prime kino. MCU has a few decent movies like Iron man 1,the first avengers and infinity war but rest are dogtrash. Maybe I'm blinded by nostalgia but og Spider man had SOVL and MCU would never dare make a movie like Blade.

league of extraordinary gentlemen and the 2nd/3rd matrix movies. that shit just looked so cool when I was 14 lol