Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL My parents said they don’t want to discuss my life anymore because it’s “too depressing”.

No1stupid

No1stupid

sleep-deprived insomniacel
-
I always vent to Mom & Dad when things go to shit. They’re both extremely disappointed in me (Dad moreso than Mom), but usually I’ve been able to talk to them about life woes.

Tonight though, Mom basically told me that she can’t mentally handle my baggage anymore. She said it’s depressing to hear about how I can’t get a girlfriend, and that she’s “over it”. She said that spending time together should be fun, and that I’m ruining her evening by bringing up depressing topics.

JFL when your own parents won’t allow you to cope by discussing your problems with them. I don’t even see Mom & Dad very often, so it’s not like I’m ringing their phone off the hook and constantly pestering them. The least you can do for your child is listen to them, but apparently my life is too depressing now to be discussed.

Now I have to put on a fake smile and pretend that my life is fucking candy land when I visit. Next thing you know, my therapist is going to tell me to stop expressing my feelings because they’re too toxic.

The fact that your parents get depressed means being loved is a basic human need!

Same experience, but my parents are emotionless helicopter parents, their advice was always just go to school so that I can work at a high stress job I couldn't give two fucks about so that I can pay taxes to fund clown world. Now they've given up though and just don't even try, we didn't talk at all at my last birthday, I just sat at the table to have my slice of cake and my mother stared at me for awhile then proceeded to break down in tears, kind of funny ngl.

That’s the sign that you gotta disappear or they going to kick ya out. Ya worn them out and ironically you should go your own way. They probably have very little respect for you and always ask “what’s wrong with you?”

I don't really talk to my parents about anything important. I never did. There's too big of an age gap between us. My mother had me when she was in her late 30s. I grew up, they got older. There's no connection between us. I don't talk to people about my problems. The Internet is the only place when I'm actually honest.

That’s the sign that you gotta disappear or they going to kick ya out. Ya worn them out and ironically you should go your own way. They probably have very little respect for you and always ask “what’s wrong with you?”

I live alone in an apartment. That’s what makes it worse, I don’t even see them for weeks on end, and they still don’t want to hear about my problems when I do. They’re my last support units, and they’re doing a piss poor job of it

I don't really talk to my parents about anything important. I never did. There's too big of an age gap between us. My mother had me when she was in her late 30s. I grew up, they got older. There's no connection between us. I don't talk to people about my problems. The Internet is the only place when I'm actually honest.
My mother was 39 when she had me. Imagine trying to talk to someone that grew up in the 60’s and 70’s about not being able to get a date because of Tinder on the ‘Puter. Her only advice for me is to try to meet girls offline, but she doesn’t realize how anti-social younger women are. She’s surrounded by boomer women constantly and they will talk to anyone.

ive had family say about the same to me. its pointless to keep going on about how shit it is nothing will change you live a miserable life then die the end! JFL at it all

My mother was 39 when she had me. Imagine trying to talk to someone that grew up in the 60’s and 70’s about not being able to get a date because of Tinder on the ‘Puter. Her only advice for me is to try to meet girls offline, but she doesn’t realize how anti-social younger women are. She’s surrounded by boomer women constantly and they will talk to anyone.
Boomers will never understand our misery, online dating is the meta now but of course you have no chance when you are ugly and/or ethnic, how are you even supposed to get a gf I mean you can't just walk around and ask random girls out it doesn't work like that (if you are not chad ofc)

it's the best way to get them to leave you alone forever, vent just a little bit about what you're going through, along with the tacit unsaid implication that they are partly responsible for what is going on

Yes. My parents have so little respect for me they've actively ruined my confidence and esteem since teen years.

Yes. My parents have so little respect for me they've actively ruined my confidence and esteem since teen years.

My parents have been getting gradually more antagonistic towards me as well. They would dote on me when I was a boy, but since I have not demonstrated any value late into my 20’s, it is becoming more of a business relationship. I am the client, and they are the reluctant recipient of my inquiries and complaints.

They wish they could get rid me, but they have a social obligation to maintain at least a passing interest in their son in case friends or extended family shame them for it.

My parents have been getting gradually more antagonistic towards me as well. They would dote on me when I was a boy, but since I have not demonstrated any value late into my 20’s, it is becoming more of a business relationship. I am the client, and they are the reluctant recipient of my inquiries and complaints.

They wish they could get rid me, but they have a social obligation to maintain at least a passing interest in their son in case friends or extended family shame them for it.
My parents don't really have friends so they have nothing to lose to shit on me.

JFL when your own parents won’t allow you to cope by discussing your problems with them. I don’t even see Mom & Dad very often, so it’s not like I’m ringing their phone off the hook and constantly pestering them. The least you can do for your child is listen to them, but apparently my life is too depressing now to be discussed.
I never want to talk about this shit with my parents, but whenever I talk to my dad, well he seems to think it's a good idea to remind me that my life is sad and that I have no future. As if I didn't already fucking know that.

He also keeps on suggesting that I try and meet women, which is actually pretty funny when you think about it. Lets just put aside the fact that I'm ugly for a moment, instead I really have to wonder, how exactly does he expect me to meet women? He knows that I have no irl friends or social circle, he knows how hard it is to meet people as an adult normally, much less when you have anxiety issues, he knows that I'm NEET, and he knows that I had no luck at all online when I was younger and looked better, so I can't understand what it is that he expects me to do.

Honestly I wish he'd never bring up my life at all, it just turns into a pointless argument every time.

I never want to talk about this shit with my parents, but whenever I talk to my dad, well he seems to think it's a good idea to remind me that my life is sad and that I have no future. As if I didn't already fucking know that.

He also keeps on suggesting that I try and meet women, which is actually pretty funny when you think about it. Lets just put aside the fact that I'm ugly for a moment, instead I really have to wonder, how exactly does he expect me to meet women? He knows that I have no irl friends or social circle, he knows how hard it is to meet people as an adult normally, much less when you have anxiety issues, he knows that I'm NEET, and he knows that I had no luck at all online when I was younger and looked better, so I can't understand what it is that he expects me to do.

Honestly I wish he'd never bring up my life at all, it just turns into a pointless argument every time.

I’m closer to my Mom than my Dad for that exact reason. He does not hide his disappointment anymore, and he will straight up roast me given the chance. I guess I should be appreciative as a blackpill swallower, but it’s different when it’s coming from somebody who pretended that he loved and supported you unconditionally for 18 years.

Kinda same with me

My parents don't care about my problems and I don't care about telling them my problems.

My parents no longer talk about my life. They give me money to shut up and keep me from roping. I'm a failure in their eyes and would be truly fucked without them.
They no longer expect anything from me

Parental love, much like all other forms of “love” is a farce. All we have is ourselves in this world.

Now I have to put on a fake smile and pretend that my life is fucking candy land when I visit. Next thing you know, my therapist is going to tell me to stop expressing my feelings because they’re too toxic.

Shrinks are the biggest scam ever invented, remember my school forced me to do it for a while because I was edgy as fuck back then and all I ever got was some fat foid trying to indoctrinate me into a bluepill NPC line of thinking.

Can't believe people actually pay and voluntarily waste their time on this shit.

They are in part guilty of your inceldom, did you tell them that?

Strangely my parents are proud of me even though I've been single and never dated my entire life. I think it's because I started money-maxing. At 19 I figured I had nothing else to live for so I may as well devote myself to working insane hours and regularly investing for more income.

23 now.:feelsmage: I don't even celebrate any holidays anymore. That's how isolated I've become.

They have no idea. Back in their days people would go out and meet each other irl, you only had to compete with the local guys. Now you compete with millions of men.

I always vent to Mom & Dad when things go to shit. They’re both extremely disappointed in me (Dad moreso than Mom), but usually I’ve been able to talk to them about life woes.

Tonight though, Mom basically told me that she can’t mentally handle my baggage anymore. She said it’s depressing to hear about how I can’t get a girlfriend, and that she’s “over it”. She said that spending time together should be fun, and that I’m ruining her evening by bringing up depressing topics.

Reminds me of my parents man. Mine are slowly getting the same way. It's sad tbh.

Parents basically refused to do it since I was 12. Wonder how I could end up like this. :feelshmm:

Normies bullied me and even my parents did not care.

Your parents are assholes

I live alone in an apartment. That’s what makes it worse, I don’t even see them for weeks on end, and they still don’t want to hear about my problems when I do. They’re my last support units, and they’re doing a piss poor job of it

Just cut em off. If you already don't talk to them much...just talk to them less and less. Soon you won't even notice nor remember talking to them. They will likely start calling you to ask how you are doing...and then just cut em off some more. Trust me.

Just remind them that they are to blame for your shitty genetics and why it is impossible to achieve anything in today's superficial society, because of said shitty genetics, which they are to blame for.

it's the best way to get them to leave you alone forever, vent just a little bit about what you're going through, along with the tacit unsaid implication that they are partly responsible for what is going on

Venting is good, I hate supressing my feelings forever

Smile, even though your heart is breakin’....

Heh, how fucking mentally weak and unresilient do you have to be to not be able to handle someone elses problems when they speak to you once every 3 weeks?

Thats the problem with normies, they have never known real adversity and when something does happen, they instantly become depressed and need medication and fawning attention from everyone in their orbit.

Heh, how fucking mentally weak and unresilient do you have to be to not be able to handle someone elses problems when they speak to you once every 3 weeks?

Thats the problem with normies, they have never known real adversity and when something does happen, they instantly become depressed and need medication and fawning attention from everyone in their orbit.

Painfully accurate. Both of my parents don’t watch horror films, because they can’t seperate fantasy from reality. They let their lizard brain tell them that Pennywise is actually going to attack them irl.

Stupid bullshit like that at least gives me some insight into why they react so negatively when I bring up depressing events in my life. Their lizard brain is saying, “No no bad thing, no no please no sad, no more”

Just ask people here. Maybe we can help you.

Well welcome here, where you can vent whenever you want to

Stop visit them, they are not proud of you and avoid any responsability when were their genetics that make you an undesirable man.

When you don't experience bad things you don't have incentive to think and grow. Normies are perpetual children, when they face adversary they freak out, deny it/blame it on someone else, and go crying to someone else.

What it with Americans and therapy. It seems like ever cunt there goes to a therapist. In Scotland we drink our woes away. I'm sure as shit no gonna pay some cunt to sit and listen to my spiel.

My father is dead, and my mother would love nothing more than me opening up to her and talk about what's going on with me. Alas, I have absolutely no interest in doing so and we mostly do smalltalk about the weather and the cat only.
:feelscry:
What it with Americans and therapy. It seems like ever cunt there goes to a therapist. In Scotland we drink our woes away. I'm sure as shit no gonna pay some cunt to sit and listen to my spiel.

Yeah, true. I think I've only ever met one person who ever went to therapy - and that was a girl with serious self-harming, cutting her arms and legs massively. But at least social media makes it look like it's almost standard for Americans to go see a therapist. I guess that's their new religion. Church attendance is of course also much much much higher in the US than in the civilized world. And now that burgers replace their old Jewish desert cult with various other cults, the therapist seems to fulfill the role of the pastor now.

They are responsible for bringing you into existence, they deserve to be burdened with this sin more than anyone.

Well I'm glad your mom can fucking escape! I can only imagine how "impossible" events such as inceldom affect the limited capacity of the female brain anyways. I don't talk to my parents about anything. They are far too blue-pilled and it just pisses me off :feelspuke:.

At least she did not throw bluepilled platitudes at your face. I've never been able to have an honest conversation with my parents about my frustrations with women. I must have brought it up a few times, but my mom has always said that it's all in my head and that I'm good-looking. My dad always sided with my mom on this subject.